Sunderland

Richard

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Moyes can handle himself but not when it's Ferguson.

Always remember the story when someone burgled his house and he done them over. I think there may have been two burglars. He was a decent player tbf and loves Everton.

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Pressure.

He apologised and she did accept it so that should be that.

That last bit though when he mentions the slap, cringeworthy.

Has a bit of Nigel Pearson about it that last bit.

Exactly. 

Somebody accused me (on twitter TBF) of being 'offended'. I'm not offended. I just found it creepy, nasty and a little bit Pearson, as you rightly suggest. Made my skin crawl. 

• Like 1

I think the woman bit is besides the point really, I wouldn't be laughing if he made the 'joke' towards a man. If he repeats it to the wrong person at some point, I wouldn't be too disappointed if they chin him.

• Like 1

Did Moyes have a brain transplant in his year at Man. United, it really seems to have destroyed him mentally as I always found him a decent and likeable man when he was at Everton but every since then he's become bitter and negative about his time being cut short and know is cutting a sorry figure at Sunderland.

Poor comments aswell here.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He says "even though you're a woman...". Too right womens groups are going to be angry about it. Good for them. 

If people can't figure out why then I feel the problem lies with them, not the womens groups. 

Do you think the comment is much better or worse if he doesn't include "even though you're a woman"?

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Did Moyes have a brain transplant in his year at Man. United, it really seems to have destroyed him mentally as I always found him a decent and likeable man when he was at Everton but every since then he's become bitter and negative about his time being cut short and know is cutting a sorry figure at Sunderland.

Poor comments aswell here.

I wouldn't say he was likeable at Everton, a miserable Scotsman but undoubtedly a good manager, the Man Utd job has set he's career back years, he isn't known as ex Everton manager who got them into the champions league (well qualifying),fa cup finalists, persistent in the top six, now he is David moyes, sacked after 8 months at Man Utd cus he wasnt good enough. 

Edited by Jimzk5

LOL

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/david-moyes-should-sacked-casual-domestic-violence-comments/

Why David Moyes should be sacked over his 'casual domestic violence' comments

Here's how an interview usually plays out: a journalist asks questions, some of which may be tough, and the interviewee either answers them or chooses not to. What the interviewee does not do, is threaten the questioner or talk about wanting to slap them.

Football manager David Moyes has been interviewed many times over the years, so he really should know the score.

But in a shocking display, the Sunderland FC chief has proved not only that he doesn't understand how to engage with the media, but that he also has a flimsy grasp of common decency.

I don't like Moyes and he has come out of this looking like a helmet but saying he should be sacked is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

As crap as they are, I'm still not entirely convinced they're gone with their history. I think they were in a fairly similar situation a few years back with Chelsea, United and other top teams to play and somehow stayed up. 

6 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

As crap as they are, I'm still not entirely convinced they're gone with their history. I think they were in a fairly similar situation a few years back with Chelsea, United and other top teams to play and somehow stayed up. 

They won't stay up this year, I'll put my mortgage on it 

They are in the same spot as us. Owner wants to sell, so likely won't invest at all in the championship. Tony said something on twitter that the Chinese Government isn't letting people buy clubs anymore so that option is gone for Sunderland. If they get stuck with their current owner, they will be in trouble. Likely will lose their only decent players, and be left with some youth which to be fair they have some decent young players. 

8 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

They have had managers previously who seemed to gee them up when they were struggling (Di Canio, Fat Sam). I can't see Moyes doing that. 

Was wondering who all these good young players are Czechlad is on about but remembered Watmore will be back next season and he'll be decent in championship and seems Honeyman and Gooch are highly rated.

Still can't see them anywhere near top 6 unless their are massive changes at ownership level. Even then we had them and still been in the bottom half for a fair proportion of this season.

Â