The Randy Lerner thread

CI

For a protest if has not been mentioned, The Proud History Bright Future Scarfs he gave in his first season to the fans should be cut in half and The Bright Future half should be flung onto the pitch.

As for selling up, if I was a buyer I would wait till we dropped to the championship to negotiate a better deal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I will also join in with missing the first 15 minutes of the Palace game.

Our current "custodian" is well ahead of us on that. He will miss the full 90 minutes as he has missed our games for a long, long time now unless doing so costs him an opportunity to sit next to a future King at Wembley.:angry: 

• Like 2

Like many VT-ers and other Villa fans I spend a fair amount of time online, and given that signing an online petition takes about 2/3 seconds, I cannot understand why so many cannot be bothered and keep playing the apathy card. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

The problem is that having pissed his Dad's money up the wall he thinks he can get all back - he never will, we are damaged goods and he has to cut his price.

If he was trying to get it all back he'd be looking for around £400m - from what little we've heard in terms of rumour and press, initially he wanted £200m and now he's asking for about £150m and there are absolutely no takers, no investors on the horizon, nothing coming up now, in the summer or in the foreseeable future - whether he can be motivated to lower that price rather than continuing to make losses each year is a different thing, but he's hardly trying to recover his investment, we're still making losses and he's still covering them* - he's looking for a tourniquet not a miracle cure.

*and they're almost entirely his own fault.

The most suitable punishment for Randy Lerner for the abysmal way he's owned Aston Villa Football Club is owning Aston Villa Football Club. I don't think we're helping. With Doug the threat of protest was that we wanted him to drop his cash cow, we wanted to take away his income, his fame and his power and because of the way it was structured, it wasn't entirely impossible, it made him nervous. For Randy Lerner, we're offering to take away what must feel to him like leprosy and yet perversely, because of the way it's structured, our voices mean absolutely nothing at all.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If he was trying to get it all back he'd be looking for around £400m - from what little we've heard in terms of rumour and press, initially he wanted £200m and now he's asking for about £150m and there are absolutely no takers, no investors on the horizon, nothing coming up now, in the summer or in the foreseeable future - whether he can be motivated to lower that price rather than continuing to make losses each year is a different thing, but he's hardly trying to recover his investment, we're still making losses and he's still covering them* - he's looking for a tourniquet not a miracle cure.

*and they're almost entirely his own fault.

The most suitable punishment for Randy Lerner for the abysmal way he's owned Aston Villa Football Club is owning Aston Villa Football Club. I don't think we're helping. With Doug the threat of protest was that we wanted him to drop his cash cow, we wanted to take away his income, his fame and his power and because of the way it was structured, it wasn't entirely impossible, it made him nervous. For Randy Lerner, we're offering to take away what must feel to him like leprosy and yet perversely, because of the way it's structured, our voices mean absolutely nothing at all.

Scott, You are right that "get it all back" was the wrong phrase. I should have said he is trying to get a higher price than others think it is worth. Whether he is down £400 mill or if his asking price his price is £150 mill, Do we really know - if he has to drop another £25-50 mill to find a buyer so be it. For all we know there could be all kinds of riders that involve repayment of his debts overtime or other claw backs. 

As for your comment about "punishment" and "I don't think we are helping" - I am not interested in punishing him. What is done is done is and I would just like him gone. In my eyes saying and doing nothing isn't an option. I know protests and petitions are little more than minor publicity stunts but for some fans they are a public means of venting their anger. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Scott, You are right that "get it all back" was the wrong phrase. I should have said he is trying to get a higher price than others think it is worth. Whether he is down £400 mill or if his asking price his price is £150 mill, Do we really know - if he has to drop another £25-50 mill to find a buyer so be it. For all we know there could be all kinds of riders that involve repayment of his debts overtime or other claw backs.  

I don't think we have very much debt now Mike. He wrote most of it off. There was a day that went largely unnoticed a year or so back when he wrote off about £80m of debt - it's now built into the asking price I guess, into the rumoured £150m - he's frittered away the family fortune, wasted it and achieved absolutely nothing, no new stand, no trophy, no glory and a football club bereft of hope or future - nothing. That nothing, that lack of achievement, is his legacy. He will leave us with less than he found us with and it will have been down to decisions he made, but he isn't leaving us with the bill, he's footing that himself. I understand the anger, and I share it to an extent, but mine's tempered with some pity.

• Like 4

Okay Randy here it is. FFS stop trying to run our football club as an American sports franchise. You need to hire people that actually know about FOOTBALL and not how to make the most profit selling overpriced hot dogs.

Also using the "Money ball" methodology to determine which players to sign is a shit idea as you can see from how poorly equipped our squad is right now and is why we are bottom of the league. Get rid of the stats guys and let someone who knows what to look for by actually watching a player decide who we buy. You will make more money in the long run I promise!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

Okay Randy here it is. FFS stop trying to run our football club as an American sports franchise. You need to hire people that actually know about FOOTBALL and not how to make the most profit selling overpriced hot dogs.

I think you give Villa's current management far too much credit. They couldn't run an American football team either. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Like many VT-ers and other Villa fans I spend a fair amount of time online, and given that signing an online petition takes about 2/3 seconds, I cannot understand why so many cannot be bothered and keep playing the apathy card. 

I saw a comment on there using the term "American maffia" (sic). Jesus. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

5 hours ago, Cliffy Biro said:

I get people are frustrated but petitions and protests are totally pointless and a waste of everyones time really, Lerner wants to sell so what would protesting about wanting him gone achieve?

Put heat on him to lower the price and GTFO

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Not even worth wasting the time signing it... what do people expect to happen?

Randy to turn around and say "Yeah, you're all right, i'm now going to leave my multi-million pound business in the hands of the fans to run?"

SIGNED. get lost lerner you clown

Â