The Randy Lerner thread

CI

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You might. But you're completely guessing as to whether he's done that or not.

There's nothing to suggest he's raised the asking price to match what he's written off.

There is no way Randy Lerner will make all of his money back when he sells us.

There are a lot of things to be angry for regarding Lerner. This isn't one of them.

As from my previous post i admitted it is a guess but based it off what i see.  You are correct, he will never get all his money back as the club has been run that poorly, but at the same time he inst going to throw 90mill down the toilet and not expect to get that back.

Just now, HeyAnty said:

As from my previous post i admitted it is a guess but based it off what i see.  You are correct, he will never get all his money back as the club has been run that poorly, but at the same time he inst going to throw 90mill down the toilet and not expect to get that back.

He's thrown plenty of money at us already that he can't expect to get back.

Regardless of what he does with the price, that £90m is no longer owed to Randy Lerner. 
You might pass that off as being meaningless if he raises the price, but it isn't. We don't legally owe him that £90m anymore. We've paid him back.

That means even if he lowers the selling price to £1, we don't owe him that £90m. If he didn't write that debt off, than regardless of if we sold the club for £1 or £1billion, we would owe £90m (more) to Randy Lerner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Randy Lerner as an entity is not the direct cause of this clubs demise maybe indirectly yes....The people he is employing are directly responsible.

But he is the idiot appointing these fools! Therefore he is responsible. He should be here managing the club when in turmoil but instead he is nowhere to be seen and his investment is sinking further and further

Dave to expand a bit. He didnt write it off.  He converted SOME of it to equity giving himself more shares in the company, creating ,more shares that need buying once the company is sold.

Be careful Richard, saying something like that on here will get you berated that you are stupid and know nothing about Accounting.  Lerner is a great Aston Villa custodian and wrote of the debt out of the goodness of his heart, or so I’ve been told when I brought it up.

Find me one person, just one, who thinks Randy Lerner has been a "great custodian". For what it's worth, I'll personally be at the protest next home game. So yeah.

• Like 1

Who knows? You're guessing if you think he's raised the asking price by the exact same amount he's written off.

But issuing additional shares to himself to write off the debt makes no difference. Having "more shares" to buy makes no difference. It's like cutting a cake into 4 pieces, and then again into 8 pieces. It's still the same cake.

You own a club that is worth 1 million and has 1 million worth of debt.  You pay off that 1 million of debt you are going to ask 2million for the club, as that's what it now should be worth in the simplest terms.  Looks more attractive to a new buyer that its debt free with all this fair play going on.

Which is a good thing. For once he actually did the right thing.

All hail the Aston Villa accountant. At least one part of the club is of Premier League quality.

59 minutes ago, useless said:

The idea that we haven't found a willing buyer is a guess in itself. Also there could be any number of things putting of potential buyers besides the asking price.

Probably more to do with the fact the club isn't an attractive proposition at all, it's in a crap economic area and generates hardly any revenue without the tv money involved, I believe the non tv revenue has only gone up by 14% in about 10 years or something crap like that. It's a shit club to buy as far as outside suitors are concerned and that's before you get anywhere near the playing squad which would cost any potential investor a fortune to put right which they will probably never see back. Other clubs like Tottenham, West Ham, Crystal Palace will all see big increases in attendances and revenues over the next few years and we will be left well behind, even further than we are now

Not entirely sure if this is the right topic for it, but we seem to be referring to finances a bit.

I wonder does the parachute payment increase commensurate with the new Premier League TV money deal next season, and for the next 3 seasons?  Meaning that even though it is literally the worst season ever to be relegated from the top flight from a financial point of view, it might be the easiest season (on the balance sheet) to ever get straight back up, on the basis that the parachute keeps you that much 'higher' than your fellow league clubs.

I also think that our wage bill, historically low transfer fees and recent transfer model will hold us in relatively good stead if we drop.  We won't be like the QPR behemoth for example.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BOF said:

Not entirely sure if this is the right topic for it, but we seem to be referring to finances a bit.

I wonder does the parachute payment increase commensurate with the new Premier League TV money deal next season, and for the next 3 seasons?  Meaning that even though it is literally the worst season ever to be relegated from the top flight from a financial point of view, it might be the easiest season (on the balance sheet) to ever get straight back up, on the basis that the parachute keeps you that much 'higher' than your fellow league clubs.

I also think that our wage bill, historically low transfer fees and recent transfer model will hold us in relatively good stead if we drop.  We won't be like the QPR behemoth for example.

I believe we won't get an increased parachute payment as the TV money has yet to increase whilst we're a Premier League club.

I did read that somewhere, but can't remember where and have no proof so....   

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

You own a club that is worth 1 million and has 1 million worth of debt.  You pay off that 1 million of debt you are going to ask 2million for the club, as that's what it now should be worth in the simplest terms.  Looks more attractive to a new buyer that its debt free with all this fair play going on.

Correct.  It is built into the asking price,  has to be. Lets see him reduce it below 100M and I'll change my opinion

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Correct.  It is built into the asking price,  has to be. Lets see him reduce it below 100M and I'll change my opinion

But that still means we as a club don't owe him the money. 

It might mean he asks for more from whoever buys the club (although you have literally no evidence that that is the case). But it means that the club does not have to pay it.

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I believe we won't get an increased parachute payment as the TV money has yet to increase whilst we're a Premier League club.

I did read that somewhere, but can't remember where and have no proof so....   

Well if that is the case then it massively compounds the effects of going down this season.  I really hope it's not true.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well if that is the case then it massively compounds the effects of going down this season.  I really hope it's not true.

Yeah, then I think it's Randy Lerner's money and not mine so...

2nYmZiR.gif?noredirect

Well no PieFacE, it's probably the lion's share of our transfer budget and/or general operating costs next season, and could massively help us to get back up to where we belong.

Â