The Randy Lerner thread

CI

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

When all is said and done I wonder how much money Lerner will have lost on his villa project? £300 million?

his problem though losing all that money!! The idiot had to realise that you don't come into football to make money!

Thought i read somewhere that he charges us interest on any money used to buy players with! Telling us the guy is a cock-womble of the highest order!

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'll let you in on a little secret: the whole of football doesn't give a toss.

You are right and I have my doubts about any "Car Park Protest. That said I do think it is time Villa fans stopped being apathetic in the face of what has been a disastrous five seasons. 

While other clubs fans obviously will not give a toss it will be ****** sad if it looks like Villa fans watching the club go down don't give a toss either. 

• Like 4

Apply a bit of pressure. It's said he wants to sell but I don't see much proof. Didn't Sherwood and fox say he's not a motivated seller right now?

Putting more pressure on him may actually motivate him more. I doubt it will have any effect but he deserves it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Just read on Shaun Teale's facebook page that he and someone else are organising a planned protest at Crystal Palace match hopefully getting 1000's of fans in North Stand Car Park aimed at Lerner.

Hopefully all singing the below, but change Glazer for Lerner!.. 

Edited by Kingman

4 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

I get people are frustrated but petitions and protests are totally pointless and a waste of everyones time really, Lerner wants to sell so what would protesting about wanting him gone achieve?

So you cannot spare 2 seconds? At least a protest or petition is marginally better that doing sweet FA.

If Lerner wants to sell so badly, why are there no takers? The fact that he still owns the club is simply because his price is too high. He has basically spunked his Dad and family's money up the wall and thinks he can recover his losses. He can't and needs to accept the loss. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

I get people are frustrated but petitions and protests are totally pointless and a waste of everyones time really, Lerner wants to sell so what would protesting about wanting him gone achieve?

Yeah great decision from Lerner to announce he wanted to sell, really lanced a boil. Then when things were a little more positive he leaked he was getting his mot cation back! 

Nothing but pr 

Lerner will happily sit on his investment until he gets the price he wants. That could take years. At the moment there's no impact on his life, he's not here, he doesn't give a shit.

It might not do much but protests will attract media attention and more journalists writing about him. Seeing his name negatively mentioned in national and internarional media more for a consistent period of time may make him uncomfortable. 

It's got to be better than just letting this word removed have an easy ride.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Can protest all we want but sadly

a. he wont care b. the media wont care and c. it wont make him sell any quicker as he has been trying for over a year

Has he ? How?.

• Like 1

Â