The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Owning a Premier League football club must be getting him a lot of pussy. There's no other reason I can think that he is still here.

He's certainly not here to run it as a profitable business and he can't be taken seriously if he says he is in it for the sport.

I've given him time now. I refused to get on his back until he had a decent chance of turning this shit around, but right in the relegation mix on the 23rd of January and refusing to buy a single player, while all those around us have signed 3 or 4 each, is the clearest sign that he doesn't give a **** any more.

All I ask now is that he doesn't sell us to a bunch of words removed.

Randy Lerner and his nodding lapdog Faulkner are the people that have **** this up!! Not lambert, not MON, not even Alex Mcleish. I honestly believe that Lerner does not care about the club and he should do the honourable thing and politely do-one!

Faulkner has been his nodding dog for the last 2 years calling all the shots, i have more business brain in my big toe than he does in his body the muppet! We need at least 3 players with experience, and a director of football might be a good shout, but not some bloke who is going to dictate, just advise!

My only worry is that the board seem inept at buying players with experience, as people have been saying setting us up for a long haul in the Championship.

Be it Lerner or Lambert or a combination of both but we have missed a massive opportunity. We have known for ages where we are desperately lacking and should have bought in the 2 or 3 players we urgently need at the start of this window. Had we have done so I am convinced we'd be at least 3 points better off in the League and looking forward to a trip to Wembley now. What a **** waste. Lerners whole reign with us wreaks of incompetence.

• Like 1

We are and never have been more than a distraction for a bored businessman......what they used to call a 'folly' in days of yore.

Sorry, Lerner, but you're destroying over 130 years of tradition and breaking hearts along the way. Time to fire up the Starship Lerner and leave BHX in a cloud of dust and broken promises.

Be it Lerner or Lambert or a combination of both but we have missed a massive opportunity. We have known for ages where we are desperately lacking and should have bought in the 2 or 3 players we urgently need at the start of this window. Had we have done so I am convinced we'd be at least 3 points better off in the League and looking forward to a trip to Wembley now. What a **** waste. Lerners whole reign with us wreaks of incompetence.

Agree totally Mark. He has no clue whatsoever

If he wants his money back, then its almost impossible to sell at this point.

£62m + £120m invested into the team = £182mill.

No-one is going to pay £182mill for Villa, its probably worth around £70mill now assuming we don't get relegated.

I doubt Randy lerner is going to be willing to take a £100mill loss by selling now...

and thats assuming a decent buyer could be found.

No-one is going to pay £182mill for Villa, its probably worth around £70mill now assuming we don't get relegated.

I doubt Randy lerner is going to be willing to take a £100mill loss by selling now...

Well imo he is about to take and make an even bigger loss on all avenues if we drop into the championship!

It's really interesting seeing how this thread has developed over the years and certainly far more people now seem to be realising the real problem at our club. But I still find it fascinating, and depressing, at how many fans still 'don't get it'. And I really don't mean that to sound patronising but there's no other way of phrasing it.

Someone tried starting a 'Randy out' chant at the end of the game last night and it received little support. It perplexes me as to why this guy still escapes so much critisism? If Ellis had presided over Lerner's reign there would have been protests outside the ground against the owners far before this point. Maybe people just cannot see the point in protesting about an owner who rarely even visits the club these days? I honestly don't know.

• Like 2

The way he is going he could end up the worst owner of Aston Villa in history.

He only needs one more relegation after the one in the summer and by then his invest will be worth feck all.

A useless useless man.

All up, including the initial purchase, it is £250m he has put in to this club. A quarter of a billion pounds.

It's so annoying. I have no faith in Lambert to develop us as a club at all now. I have no faith in Lerner to either hire a decent manager or back the current manager. I have no faith in our squad whatsoever, they really aren't very good.  I have no faith that Lerner will sell. I think he will try and get the club to pay back all the money owed to the Lerner Trust before he does sell, and that could be 10-20 years away. We are absolutely in a right mess and I really see no way out of it. 

Edited by PieFacE

The annoying thing is - we are saying he has only two options. Well, there is a third. And that is that he does neither. Which is the route he seems to be going down right about now.

He's in it for the long haul I think. Whether he invests again will depend on a number of factors that I cannot be assed to list. You know what they are.

It's quite obvious what has happened in my eyes. Since UEFA have bought in the financial fair play rules, Lerner and the mug that is Faulkner have decided it is a good idea and should be stuck to at all costs, unlike teams like City and Chelsea that have found ways around it.

The big problem here is that we don't have the global fan base or pulling power of the big teams like united to turn over enough revenue to have a high wage bill and so he seems hellbent on getting the wage bill down at all costs to fit within the FF. they have mentioned several times in the past how they want to build a sustainable club, but I'm not sure how they think this will happen by either being in a relegation battle or even the championship?

I think Lerner is to blame for what is going on as he is the owner and ultimately it must come down to him, but I do also think he is being greatly ill advised, and that mug Faulkner is the number one culprit there.

For me the best thing I can see happening in to current climate is Faulkner getting sacked/leaving or a director of football coming in.

I see all this "investment of 250m" talk all the time but what about the monies he has recouped from that? Player sales & the like? Milner, Young, Downing etc etc.. I mean there's what 40m ish just there & you can't tell me all that has been reinvested surely? I mean with the income from tv, prize money etc & the money raised from sales for the last 3 seasons now he must be getting some of that back? I'm no accountant but hey!

I see all this "investment of 250m" talk all the time but what about the monies he has recouped from that? Player sales & the like? Milner, Young, Downing etc etc.. I mean there's what 40m ish just there & you can't tell me all that has been reinvested surely? I mean with the income from tv, prize money etc & the money raised from sales for the last 3 seasons now he must be getting some of that back? I'm no accountant but hey!

But what about the money to buy those players? What about operating costs such as wages? We're running at a loss and have been kept afloat by Randy pumping money in through equity injections or shareholder loans.

It was said a number of pages back that, realistically, for him to recoup his initial outlay plus the other money put in (whether that be loans or equity) and for someone to cover the potential revenue Randy would forfeit from extra TV money (if we didn't go down) then it could cost someone circa £500M to buy the club :(

I'm not defending him, btw. Just saying.

I have been one of his defenders over the years, but I've had it with him now. He's got just over a week to prove he cares about the club or he can sling his hook.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

.....which would've been a bit of a downer as they've been our 2 best players so far this season. Apart from the Mcleish signed Shay Given, maybe.

Houlliier had cabeye ready to sign ( cabeye was quoted that he was ready to sign until houllier was realeased )was looking at sissko , would not have been a bad midfield two would it

Â