The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Are we for sale ?

1)Money spent is owed to Lerner so anymore we spend will again be owed to him and put up price of club

2)Lambert not walked , seems the character who wouldn't stand for being messed about.Also left Livingstone ,Wycombe and Colchester 

as had gone as far as he could with them.Why stay under such tight conditions.Has he been told club for sale things have to be kept tight till buyer is found ?

3)I don't care what they say Randy is barely here anymore and couldn't make a semi final ,he has a private Jet FFS.Interest has waned 

Well said Richard. If a movement is started I'd like to offer my services in pr/media. I'd think we need to see if Richard Franks might be involved.. Ian Robo and get together with other fanzines and forums.

RANDY OUT

I can't argue with that sentiment, Richard.  I disagree with your characterization of the arguments in that thread three years ago*, but regardless of how things stood then, today's news that Lerner will not spend a bleeping dime this window is tantamount to an abdication, and is unworthy of stewardship of this club.

*You got stick at that time because an owner who was injecting a large amount of money into the team's facilities, wage bill, and transfer kitty was adjudged by you to be inadequate because he wasn't an oil tycoon.  It was, frankly, churlish on your part.  C'est la guerre.

I can't argue with that sentiment, Richard.  I disagree with your characterization of the arguments in that thread three years ago*, but regardless of how things stood then, today's news that Lerner will not spend a bleeping dime this window is tantamount to an abdication, and is unworthy of stewardship of this club.

*You got stick at that time because an owner who was injecting a large amount of money into the team's facilities, wage bill, and transfer kitty was adjudged by you to be inadequate because he wasn't an oil tycoon.  It was, frankly, churlish on your part.  C'est la guerre.

Churlish but,  given the modern game,  true.  He needed more money to sustain that approach,  money he didnt have.

Totally agree with Richard, the time has come for Lerner to stick to his word and leave the club.

The one thing I do detest about Lerner and Co is that they keep releasing little snippets of info to the media about us being active in the transfer window, the General emailed the guy on facebook either knowing that the word would spread or worse it was all another pack of lies which was meant for one mans eyes only. During all this they allow their manager to have to take the flack, I really wouldnt put it past them to blame the manager when the window shuts for not being proactive and that they were prepared to back him.

Its the sort of behaviour I would expect from the board of another local club not the board of AVFC.

• Like 1

Yes, Richard had it spot on in that post (was it really 3 years ago?).

I wholeheartedly withdraw the  criticisms I made at the time. 

The difference between his original post (which i disagreed with at the time and still disagree with) was that in that post he wanted Randy to sell up to someone richer.

His reasoning behind asking Randy to go was that he wasn't rich enough.

This current post is different, in that he just wants him to sell up and go.

Which i understand and empathise with a lot more.

Edited by ender4

The difference between his original post (which i disagreed with at the time and still disagree with) was that in that post he wanted Randy to sell up to someone richer.

His reasoning behind asking randy to go was that Randy wasn't rich enough.

Lerner wasn't rich enough it's obvious,  not sure how you can disagree with that.

Sell up to someone richer was one option I gave in my original and why would you disagree with that? It was and still is a money game ,  have more of it and generally you'll be more successful,  why would I have wanted him to sell to someone with less money? It would need more money to buy the club now anyway!

Now,  today,  at this point I just cant be arsed who he sells to as long as he fecks off

only to say he is going

That would be even nicer.

That said, I'd have had far more sympathy with Lerner over the past few years if he'd been a bit more transparent with his aims for the club.

Lerner wasn't rich enough it's obvious,  not sure how you can disagree with that.

Sell up to someone richer was one option I gave in my original and why would you disagree with that? It was and still is a money game ,  have more of it and generally you'll be more successful,  why would I have wanted him to sell to someone with less money? It would need more money to buy the club now anyway!

Now,  today,  at this point I just cant be arsed who he sells to as long as he fecks off

Your sole reason for asking Randy to leave was he wasn't rich enough - can you not see the craziness in that statement, even after people have slaughtered you for 3 years about it.

i like your current statement though, its fair.

Your not crying about wanting a newer shinier better toy, you have actual reasons for wanting to get rid of Randy (which is why i empathise with it).

Edited by ender4

Your sole reason for asking Randy to leave was he wasn't rich enough - can you not see the craziness in that statement, even after people have slaughtered you for 3 years about it.

It is a football club in the modern era.  That requires more money than lerner had or has.  He wasn't rich enough I said at the time seek additional investment or sell to someone who could afford it, if we wanted champions league football.

Perfectly reasonable to me and what is crazy is that after three years and him ruining the club people still cannot see it was a reasonable stance.

I just cannot understand that how after the summer, when the club decided to bring in a manager who the vast majority of the club's supporters were behind, restoring quite a bit of goodwill and optimism, they are ready to just throw that all away again. Even with the club in a relegation battle and fresh off defeat from a Division 4 side, the manager still has quite a bit more support than one would expect. Yet the owner and board is willing to gamble and not add what is needed to the squad. Hmmm...when was the last time the club gambled and took a risk...oh yeah, McLeish. And how did that turn out? Oh yeah, with Paul Faulkner basically releasing a statement identifying that they had got it all wrong again. Well, I don't want another one of those statements come May apologizing to supporters about where it went wrong. Unless they are just bluffing at the moment, which there is about a .001% chance of, then they can just do one.

Edited by LockStockVilla

Â