The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Lerner's record as owner of the club is pretty woeful. It's quite hard to find much of merit (the fact that he's reducing the losses he created in the first place is hardly award winning stuff, particularly because the investment flow has been so unbalanced).

I always wondered why Cleveland Browns fans despised him so much they took the trouble to write songs about it, record them and put them on the Internet.

I'm just half way through the second verse of my own song now.

Edited by briny_ear

Lerner doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to football or running a football club, simply look at his tenure at the Browns, and as the article says, we've gone full circle now since he bought the club from Doug, the only difference is we weren't in debt when Doug sold us.

Back when O'Leary and Eliis were running the place I'd promised I wouldn't put another penny into the club until they had gone, sadly I find myself in the same position now as I was back then.

I've seen and heard enough, you won't be seeing me down VP for quite some time as I don't believe Lerner will sell up any time soon. I also have no faith in Lambert for reasons I've already stated in his own thread, for me it's all over.

I'll still wear my Villa shirts and watch the games down the pub, or on tv and tinternet as I'm Villa through and through, but pay my hard earned cash to watch this bunch of **** ups take the club down, not a chance, it's soul destroying and I no longer have the fight in me to keep on going.

In the 30 years I've been a Holte ender, bar when McNeill took us down, these past three seasons have been the worst I can remember, everything is wrong about our club and we deserve to go down as a result of it.

Call me a crap fan, slag me off for not 'getting behind the lads' etc, but blind faith isn't what's needed here, a new owner, board and a manager with a realistic plan is.

Lerner and Lambert out.

Edited by villadude
  • Like 1

Villadude, you like me have probably put more money (in real terms as a % of wealth) into this club than Lerner ever will. We don't have the come back of it being loans with interest and able to charge management fees and maybe sell the club - it is lost into the club for ever.

For example the last three games cost me over £200 for me and my daughter - that is a significant sum to me!

• Like 1

GET HIM TO **** OUT OF OUR CLUB.

BOYCOTT!

If he wants to hang our club in the balance and 'he might change his mind' and spend some money.

I suggest everyone boycotts and don't give this clown another **** penny!

Sell the **** club!!

A boycott right now is the single worst thing we could do. We are in serious trouble on the pitch, much worse than I have ever known.

I don't really care what happened at the Cleveland Browns, good , bad or indifferent and would not use that

comparison to judge him on.

If he is to be judged on Managerial appointments then it is difficult to argue with you.

In most cases all we expect is for the Chairman to support the manager of the day, a little bit basic, but thats it.

If the manager of the day buys well most of the other criteria as important as it is, usually slots in. The team usually go on to do the rest.

Not many fans remember the Chairmen of managers that have bought well, just that they were well supported and not interfered with.

Despite balancing the books that is exactly what HDE was mainly criticised for no money when we wanted it and interference.

Randy has come up with c £200 mill..... not sure what you want.

Randy has come up with c £200 mill..... not sure what you want.

People have continually responded to this and to your stance that our only issue was signing poor quality. People have out facts to you and you choose to ignore it all.

I don't know why.

to be honest and totally blowing my own trumpet,

This is a lovely snap of you Richard

boris-trumpet.jpg?w=480&h=265

In all seriousness mate you have been pretty much spot on as far as Lerner has been concerned for a number of years now. Sadly it seems though since the appointment of Lambert your restored confidence in him is not going to prove to be warranted.

I genuinely believed when they brought in Lambert this would herald a new beginning for the club. I finally thought they had got it right but most importantly that Lerner/Faulkner really believed they had got it right with Lambert and would fully support him. That combined with many of the big earners having already left, others in Dunne, Warnock, Petrov :( about to be out of contract, I thought would result in major backing for Lambert to allow him to put this club back on a sound footing. It seems like you I was wrong.

Edited by markavfc40

Randy Lerner may not know his arse from his elbow, thats why he appoints managers who should know their arse from their elbow and has supported them with funds until it has been proved perhaps they don't either.

To blame him for paying over the odds is futile

He rely's on FOOTBALL people to guide him i.e managers

If it is to be said that a DF is required then you are undermining the manager and creating a further complication i.e "2 cooks in the kitchen"

Sad fact is we have an Owner who has done the very things that the previous owner was criticised for and his managers have **** him with dross.

This is a lovely snap of you Richard

boris-trumpet.jpg?w=480&h=265

In all seriousness mate you have been pretty much spot on as far as Lerner has been concerned for a number of years now. Sadly it seems though since the appointment of Lambert your restored confidence in him is not going to prove to be warranted.

I genuinely believed when they brought in Lambert this would herald a new beginning for the club. I finally thought they had got it right but most importantly that Lerner/Faulkner really believed they had got it right with Lambert and would fully support him. That combined with many of the big earners having already left, others in Dunne, Warnock, Petrov :( about to be out of contract, I thought would result in major backing for Lambert to allow him to put this club back on a sound footing. It seems like you I was wrong.

yep agree with your interpretation there mark. I fell for it too, I fell for the "why would he come here if not to be backed" line

Everyone one keeps harping on about Lerner spending £200m boo bloody hoo the premier league is all about money im afraid!

Anyway he has recouped a fair bit from sales and income too! Yes MON wasted a lot on crap and stupid wages but that's the owners fault for letting him there should have been someone there to sanciton him! That's the past this is the now we are knee deep in crap and sinking fast the owner cuts all funding and we are left with a squad which will struggle in the championship ,well I think its time to this turd Lerner loose he is sending us down by not releasing funds!!!

I'm just so angry cause I'm a fan if Lerner was a fan he would think my beloved club is in trouble I best get spending!! So Lerner get out and take that puppet Faulkner with you !!

Is it all about pumping money into the club every transfer window. He employed a top manager so we thought. But really what has he done. Give any manager 20 million every transfer window and im sure he will come good. We can't defend Lambert wholey on this issue! I believe he should have got Warnock in an playing good again. Yes you could say he is trouble but is it not the managers job to handle change this and make him the player he used to be. Bad management leaving him out when we are desperate!

People have continually responded to this and to your stance that our only issue was signing poor quality. People have out facts to you and you choose to ignore it all.

I don't know why.

I don't choose to ignore it....I simply don't agree with it.

I blame the managers, not the Owner.

I see 2 distinctions

Managers job - To find players that will develop and enhance the team, improve our league position and win trophies ( in the ideal world) also enhance the market value of the player bought.

Owner/Chairmans Job- To provide the finance for the manager to do his job( not interfer with the selection of team building or allow/deny funds to suit himself)

If the Manager of the day fails to bring in the desired quality or fails to improve it..... it is most likely that the fee's/ wages will APPEAR inflated. That is not something that the chairman/owner will know at the time only EVENTS will PROVE that to him.

Many of the players we have sold, we have lost huge sums on, That is not Randy's fault.

I don't choose to ignore it....I simply don't agree with it.

I blame the managers, not the Owner.

I see 2 distinctions

Managers job - To find players that will develop and enhance the team, improve our league position and win trophies ( in the ideal world) also enhance the market value of the player bought.

Owner/Chairmans Job- To provide the finance for the manager to do his job( not interfer with the selection of team building or allow/deny funds to suit himself)

If the Manager of the day fails to bring in the desired quality or fails to improve it..... it is most likely that the fee's/ wages will APPEAR inflated. That is not something that the chairman/owner will know at the time only EVENTS will PROVE that to him.

Many of the players we have sold, we have lost huge sums on, That is not Randy's fault.

Ps last post on this from me

Randy Lerner may not know his arse from his elbow, thats why he appoints managers who should know their arse from their elbow and has supported them with funds until it has been proved perhaps they don't either.

To blame him for paying over the odds is futile

He rely's on FOOTBALL people to guide him i.e managers

If it is to be said that a DF is required then you are undermining the manager and creating a further complication i.e "2 cooks in the kitchen"

Sad fact is we have an Owner who has done the very things that the previous owner was criticised for and his managers have **** him with dross.

There are so many flaws within this post, I don't know where to start ripping it to bits.

Lerner doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to football or running a football club, simply look at his tenure at the Browns, and as the article says, we've gone full circle now since he bought the club from Doug, the only difference is we weren't in debt when Doug sold us.

Back when O'Leary and Eliis were running the place I'd promised I wouldn't put another penny into the club until they had gone, sadly I find myself in the same position now as I was back then.

I've seen and heard enough, you won't be seeing me down VP for quite some time as I don't believe Lerner will sell up any time soon. I also have no faith in Lambert for reasons I've already stated in his own thread, for me it's all over.

I'll still wear my Villa shirts and watch the games down the pub, or on tv and tinternet as I'm Villa through and through, but pay my hard earned cash to watch this bunch of **** ups take the club down, not a chance, it's soul destroying and I no longer have the fight in me to keep on going.

In the 30 years I've been a Holte ender, bar when McNeill took us down, these past three seasons have been the worst I can remember, everything is wrong about our club and we deserve to go down as a result of it.

Call me a crap fan, slag me off for not 'getting behind the lads' etc, but blind faith isn't what's needed here, a new owner, board and a manager with a realistic plan is.

Lerner and Lambert out.

Take a bow son!.. 100% Spot on mate.

Â