The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I see old boys Ian Taylor, Steven Froggatt and Shaun Teale have given their thoughts. Considering these boys helped us in more successful league cups of yore, some of our players should probably take their bollockings off them. Not that Lerner will care much, think this result tonight might have just about raised an eyebrow from him in the US but nothing more going on his current running of this business.

its all good saying Lerner out but who is going to want to buy us and invest the necessary funds to make us competitive and keep us happy. I'm not defending him but I cant see a realistic alternative. Rather have Lerner than the venky's or the hairdresser down the road that's for sure. Be careful what you wish for. He needs to get on the phone to Lambert give him a good bollocking, but then give him £12 to £15 million to sort this shit out before it's too late. I want my club back

• Like 1

Bah, we are just another one of his pet projects to run into the ground.

Never felt so despondent as a Villa fan. We are a complete laughing stock. I'm not spending another penny on the club til he's **** off.

its all good saying Lerner out but who is going to want to buy us and invest the necessary funds to make us competitive and keep us happy. I'm not defending him but I cant see a realistic alternative. Rather have Lerner than the venky's or the hairdresser down the road that's for sure. Be careful what you wish for. He needs to get on the phone to Lambert give him a good bollocking, but then give him £12 to £15 million to sort this shit out before it's too late. I want my club back

Its already too late

We needed players at the start of the window not at the end

We had crucial fixtures must win games.....

Any moron can see this yet the clown running the club cannot

I've got no problem with Lerner, he brought in the manager most of the fans wanted and gave him £20m net to spend in the summer (5th highest in the Prem). When you look at some of the disastrous owners other clubs have ended up with I'll stick with Randy thanks, no doubt we do need some signings this window though.

I've got no problem with Lerner, he brought in the manager most of the fans wanted and gave him £20m net to spend in the summer (5th highest in the Prem). When you look at some of the disastrous owners other clubs have ended up with I'll stick with Randy thanks, no doubt we do need some signings this window though.

This does not take into account very relevant things.

1. The state/quality of the squad at the begininning of the season compared to the others
  2. The wages available to be offered to new players

Never in a million years did I think that I would be this **** off with the club. From top to bottom it is an absolute shambles. After 20 years as a season ticket holder, tonight was the final straw. It's been coming but it has finally pushed me off the edge. The club can kiss my arse. The last three years have been a disgrace and I can't handle it anymore. When you pay all this money for a season ticket and it comes to match day and you sit at home debating whether to go to the game or not you just know that it's not for you anymore! I won't be attending for the rest of the season. I've already had someone offer me 150 quid for my season ticket for the rest of the season, which I will accept! Randy Lerner, kiss my arse! I'm done.

Well if Lerner can stop putting money into the club

His actually putting money into the club to cut the size of our losses. The money has been wasted on shit players, that's the problem.

Problem with this is that it's easy to keep saying the "he gave 20m for signings" line... But look at how many experienced players we lost!.. Cuellar, Collins, Petrov etc etc etc the list goes on & on & then you have the summer before with Downing & Milner etc etc.. It's petrifying the amount of players who have been sold/released & then either not replaced or replaced with cheap alternatives with little or no experience or promoted from the youth ranks etc.

We lost virtually a whole football team in the summer especially if you count in Petrov, Hutton, Warnock & Dunne too who have played 0 games between them thus far... well sorry but 20m is no where near enough to remain competitive having lost that many players. & it was the same the year before & the year before that! No flipping wonder we are so sh**

I can understand the cost cutting thing but surely to goodness if it means survival, especially in this "new tv deal year", this had to be relaxed even if for a year or two until we could free up space on the wage bill etc & allow Paul Lambert at least a fair chance. Then cut the wages as required by all means but at least get us half way up the flipping table first after the close miss last season... It was crazy to carry on the cuts regardless after that.. I'd even go so far as to say incompetent.

Ok you could say that the cuts were essential due to the wage bill etc... But how much damage would that really cause if it went on for another 2 or 3 years compared to the impact if we get relegated?

Staggering

His actually putting money into the club to cut the size of our losses. The money has been wasted on shit players, that's the problem.

No, he is trying to mend the shambolic mess he made of the clubs finances by allowing MON to rape his funds. In any case he chose t obuy and chose to allow it to happen.

The club or should I say him will lost over £60m if we go down - his choice by allowing this to happen.

My choice is to stop going and stop putting my money in. What he puts in is probably less as a % of his wealth than I do. In any case it isn't a gift it is loans from his trust on the club.

Don't fall for the propaganda he is using his own cash

Edited by Denis_B

When is it time to protest? When we get knocked out by millwall this Friday and are laughed at again? When Newcastle and their new signings run rampant Tuesday night at villa park? Or when the window closes and we haven't bought anyone? When is it time for us to get off our arses and start protesting for Lerner out f### the wage bill I can't take the humiliation anymore at work, Facebook,people I meet in the street it's f###ing gotta stop and it ultimately stops with randy Lerner ok he gave more money to another manager in the summer now we need the money more than ever to save us and he won't do anything to help us he's a billionaire for Christ sake. He's got more money than tony fernandes and look at what he's willing to spend to keep his team in the league. There's plenty of big investors out there who will buy this club sell up Lerner you fool

He said if he couldnt make us a success he would go ,that time is now Randy.

I don't doubt you tried but your inexperiance amd naivety has destroyed this club.Should we go down we will set back years ..see forest and Leeds just to mention 2.

Â