The Randy Lerner thread

CI

People talk about his spending and sound like they feel sorry for him. Some really have fallen for that PR bullshit when he first came.

Why would you feel sorry for him? Did anyone force him to buy a premiership football team? If he didn't want to risk losing money don't **** buy a football team.

• Like 3

People talk about his spending and sound like they feel sorry for him. Some really have fallen for that PR bullshit when he first came.

Why would you feel sorry for him? Did anyone force him to buy a premiership football team? If he didn't want to risk losing money don't **** buy a football team.

Absolutely spot on Big_John_10.

I agree to a point BJ - football, particularly top flight football is not a money making exercise. It is a rich-man's playground. More and more, the richer will get rich, and the pretenders will have a go and fall by the wayside.

I don't see how anybody with any real intent of challenging the upper echelons of the Premier League can actually be doing it to make money. Sooner or later, you have to do something to stay ahead of your immediate competitors. When you settle for doing the bare minimum, there is only one way you are going to go... And that is what we're doing... we've trod water, now we're out of breath and sinking.

If he hasn't got the funds, i can't blame him for trying to stablise his investment - but he must look to pass us on to somebody that can make us competitive again. If we settle for just making up the numbers, whether here or in the Championship (or maybe even lower given how bad things appear to be if all is to be believed on this site and in the press), we might as well all pack in and go and watch Manure, Chelski or Citeh... Maybe that's what UEFA want... It's where all the money seems to be right now.

We're Aston Villa - not Pelsall Villa.

Snobby I know... Jealousy for sure... I won't hide how I feel.

Right now, we are getting just what 'we' (not the fans) deserve. We are harvesting what we have sown. Doesn't make it right and any more pallatable.

according to the current press conference going on with PL.

Unlikely to get any signings in or out.

Lerner is not jetting in, he is staying out of the firing line in America.

You know what?

I will be over the moon with no signings if it means the end is close for this terrible owner. I actually went looking for his monkey after the game tuesday, just to let him know what i think, face-to-face........man-to-"Man". No luck, but the staff at Villa park come across as if they are as peed off with our absent owner and his monkey, as what we are!

Petition to get Randy out.. i dont think he will be as stubborn as Douglas was. How do we start one of these?

Better off adressing our concerns to the local media. Get them asking the questions.

The one thing Lerner hates, is bad publicity.

add up the deficits we've had every year since he took over, that'll give you a good idea of the money he's put into the club, loans or not. but even that doesn't give the full story, since the deficits were also being lowered through cash injections. he's sunk an absolute **** fortune into the club

Hey Pete,

I fail to see your point, when talking about losses outside the spends I mentioned it is all decisions he made which he knew were are unsustainable and therefore would have to find himself and have no long term benefit to the club such as the ownership of new players or infrastructure improvements

We must have some use to Lerner - perhaps able to offset his profits from other businesses against losses at Villa for tax purposes?

Yup good point, Im sure he would be fully aware of starbucks loopholes way before it got to the press!..

Edited by sutherland

Well Randy we are something like 17th on the Money League @ £98.5m. Prepare to see that drop massively in the next few years through some baffling decisions made this month.

And out of interest has anyone got a copy of the bullshit Lerner/Faulkner came out with at the end of last season saying that this shit would never happen again?

Edited by jacketspuds

Caveats:

- I don't post here much because the negativity is way OTT, all the time.

- I think people are constantly laying way too much blame at the feet of Lambert.

- I appreciate what Randy Lerner has done for this club... so many posters have awfully short memories re: Ellis.

With that said... what Lerner is doing right now is sheer idiocy.  Unadulterated incompetence.  An absolute travesty.  Total bollocks.  Not allocating even 5M in transfers and, say, 50k in wages for the January window is farcical, stupid, wrong, self-defeating, so mind-bogglingly asinine that it beggars belief.  Perhaps PL can find some way to keep the club up anyway... but I can't see how, not with this spineless excuse for a central midfield.  Relegation will undo every gain Lerner has made for the club since taking over, and then some.

Randy, you just sold the Browns for something like a billion dollars.  I don't care how much money your wife took, you can afford to back your manager enough to get quality reinforcements.  There's talent on this team.  A good center back and a strong, consistent defensive mid would make a world of difference.

When the day of the drop comes, there will only be one person to blame.

Â