Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

I think the much simpler, "Sylla, Sylla, Sylllaaaaaaaaa" a la Villa chant is more fitting.

I'm not the only one that thinks/hopes he makes his debut tomorrow? Reckon Lambert will chuck him straight in.

How about...

Sy-lla, Sy-lla Sy-lla deh der deh der ! (blind date theme!)

He might start on the bench but it would be best to let him start straight away imo. We have little games to go on and everton is a perfect match for him to start really. 

Fellaini will arguably be the toughest midfield opponent he'll come up against, put him up against him and we should get an indicator of what he is capable of in regards to his strength etc. Obviously we won't see his all round game until he's had a few appearances, but he'll be physically pushed in a match like today's.

How did he look in his little cameo ? I know you can't make any judgements from his brief time on the field just yet. But any nice touches tackles etc ?

Got booked for a silly challenge, but didn't look bad, wasn't enough time to judge properly to be honest

He should have started there is no way we can judge his ability based on 20 minutes when we were under fire. I think he did well considering but he'd have settled better had he come on when we were 3-1 up and not 3-2 up trying to stay in it. 

You can't judge him on that, but I thought he looked overwhelmed by it all. Gave away 2 free kicks in a short time which heaped pressure on the defence. 

Probably the wrong occasion to introduce him really, but we're going to have to hope he hits the ground running. 

Hurts that we couldn't get Sissoko who is making a massive difference to Newcastle because our tight-fisted word removed of an owner won't fork out. Now we have this guy, who might come good but he won't make an immediate impact.

we was never going to get sissoko stefan, hes not our type of player, he clearly has skill and ability, and is an overall natural

footballers we sign are only in it for the money...

back onto sylla, think he can come good, i hope he does come good, we cant afford to buy replacements for players that havnt made it anymore

sylla - westwood - nzogbia

can be a good midfield

we was never going to get sissoko stefan, hes not our type of player, he clearly has skill and ability, and is an overall natural

footballers we sign are only in it for the money...

back onto sylla, think he can come good, i hope he does come good, we cant afford to buy replacements for players that havnt made it anymore

sylla - westwood - nzogbia

can be a good midfield

It's a shame our club have accepted fading into obscurity. Who would have thought 2 years ago, we couldn't compete with Stoke financially. Baffling.

I fail to see what was good about his cameo, he looked clumsy with the ball at his feet and he made two poorly timed tackles that gave Everton opportunities to put the ball in the box.

I don't want to be appear to be slating him as he's very inexperienced and needs a lot of time, but I'm not about to BS about his 'potential' based on that 'display' today.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

You can't judge him on that, but I thought he looked overwhelmed by it all. Gave away 2 free kicks in a short time which heaped pressure on the defence. 

Probably the wrong occasion to introduce him really, but we're going to have to hope he hits the ground running. 

He did look like he was shitting himself. To be fair to him it's probably been a crazy few days. I don't think it was the right time for him to come on, no way you can judge him in that circumstance, but if you did want to judge him he's got some work to do. The starting team looks to be the best we can do at the moment. 

Â