U.S. Politics

maqroll

6 minutes ago, villakram said:

Here is a wonderful Joe moment during today's press event. I won't insult seniors.

...and this is a comparison with his predecessors. I think this is worthy of both comment and mirth. I don't why so many are treating politicians like they are a football team.

spacer.png

You know he has a stammer right? Reposting this guff is embarrassing. Would you repost this about someone struggling with Tourette’s or another disability?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, villakram said:

Here is a wonderful Joe moment during today's press event. I won't insult seniors.

...and this is a comparison with his predecessors. I think this is worthy of both comment and mirth. I don't why so many are treating politicians like they are a football team.

spacer.png

There is a huge argument that he's way to old to have even run for President. It's actually amazing that the Dems couldn't put up a younger more vibrant character. 

Yet he still smashed Trump into next week. That's how unsuitable Trump was. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, villakram said:

spacer.png

I guess you'd be a big fan of FDR, then?  

12 hours ago, villakram said:

Perspective.

They are clearly keeping him as far away from a mic as possible as he is a walking mess. Not the first politician that has done this, but how can accountability be established if the only people who speak are the spokes-people or PR mavens. This is not healthy in a supposed democracy where openness and accountability go hand in hand.

Yes perspective.

You find this important, which is fine. Other people don't because they will hold his actual policy accountable, not his public performances.

To follow up on Fox looking for the next fake controversy (I'm sure Biden will wear a tan suit at some point), they were making a fuss about Harris not saluting soldiers. Unfortunately for them, it has already been debunked

Fox News under fire for wrongly saying Kamala Harris broke precedent by not saluting military

‘It would be incorrect for her to salute anyone,’ professor at the US Naval War College says

Tom Nichols, a professor at the US Naval War College corrected the report, saying it would be "incorrect" for her to salute and saying the broadcaster “knows this.”

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

so its now press conferences that we judge presidents on and not policies?

Superficiality rules man.

Particularly in America where anyone with good teeth and a sharp tongue must instantly be followed and believed.

7 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

So what's going down in Georgia then? I see some new voter suppression rules are being pushed through. Sad times.

This might actually be more important than talking about the number of press conferences Biden has had.

Republicans are looking to avoid Georgia becoming a Democratic state (to hell with demographics around Atlanta). Trump is endorsing a Republican opponent to run against Raffensperger, the Secretary of State who refused to 'find 11.780 votes'. if you question the reliability of elections, wouldn't it be better to improve on that rather than making it harder to vote?

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

There is a huge argument that he's way to old to have even run for President. It's actually amazing that the Dems couldn't put up a younger more vibrant character. 

Yet he still smashed Trump into next week. That's how unsuitable Trump was. 

Watching through the primaries he was the most likely to beat Trump, too many reasons on the other candidates even if they would’ve better Presidents.  This was about beating Trump, Trump having less ammo, and policies weren’t too left of mainstream to alienate undecided voters at the time.

17 hours ago, a m ole said:

Wonder if this press shy thing might also have something to do with the global pandemic going on.

I think also waiting for Jan 6th things to calm down, clearing up Trump mess and getting some normalcy.  I think it was wise to delay, all the right had to complain about until recently was Dr Seuss books and days without a press conference.  No with the border issues and a few other things creeping up it was time for a press conference but I am surprised there was no covid questions.

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not being funny mate, but people are constantly trying to engage you in discussion on here and you usually ignore them and then just pop up with another inflammatory post before hiding again

The last thing I do is hide, I'm practically camped in a corner here... or living living under a bridge if I post things that you disagree with.

19 hours ago, villakram said:

Perspective.

They are clearly keeping him as far away from a mic as possible as he is a walking mess. Not the first politician that has done this, but how can accountability be established if the only people who speak are the spokes-people or PR mavens. This is not healthy in a supposed democracy where openness and accountability go hand in hand.

Hard to be judged given the final few months of Trump be awol from the press and his job to be fair.  Plus as we know, Trumps pressers were generally full of lies or issues.  Nothing more of a walking mess than some of Trumps pressers from the bleach injection to standing next to Putin to the fine people on both sides to name just a few of many walking messes.

Charming happenings in LA, where the wanna be soldier cops were sent in to disperse a homeless camp by force... in the middle of these pandemic lockdown times. I thought Cali had really topped things when they painted socially distanced squares for the homeless in SF a few months back.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Hard to be judged given the final few months of Trump be awol from the press and his job to be fair.  Plus as we know, Trumps pressers were generally full of lies or issues.  Nothing more of a walking mess than some of Trumps pressers from the bleach injection to standing next to Putin to the fine people on both sides to name just a few of many walking messes.

What if Trump has been withheld from the media and had managed his image in the classic politician manner when in office? Would that really have been better?

Reagan was a mess in his 2nd term and was similarly hidden from the public. FDR ditto towards the end of his term. 

https://www.c-span.org/search/?searchtype=Videos&sort=Newest&personid[]=34

They aren't doing a very good job at hiding him from the public then, 114 videos of him on C-Span for the year 2021

Yes some of them are just him walking to Marine Force One, but plenty of tours, meetings where he is interacting with people etc

And i say that as someone who doesn't think he's in particularly great shape to be President

Â