U.S. Politics

maqroll

An auspicious day.

President Joe gives his first press conference, only the 80 or so days into his admin. Nothing to see here, move along, though I expect the production values to be quite impressive.

Coumo, still in power, yay Democrats. In more trouble for prioritizing his family *and* political/financial allies for Covid testing, over the needs of average NY citizens.

"High-level members of the state Department of Health were directed last year by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo and Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker to conduct prioritized coronavirus testing on the governor's relatives as well as influential people with ties to the administration, according to three people with direct knowledge of the matter."

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/High-level-health-officials-were-tasked-with-16044748.php

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Do you honestly believe in the shite you post? Because it’s very tiring and boring to read all the time on here.

I'd love to know what video started him off on his YouTube rabbit hole and feeds him this bollocks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Do you honestly believe in the shite you post? Because it’s very tiring and boring to read all the time on here.

The ignore function is a handy feature. Its actually possible to muzzle someone entirely on here as long as it's a collective effort. 

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

The ignore function is a handy feature. Its actually possible to muzzle someone entirely on here as long as it's a collective effort. 

That's kind of a sad way to act though. It is through speaking with those with differing voices that society functions. Taking your ball home is not constructive, and then one wonders why politics over here is so polarized.

It is a legitimate thing to be concerned about, that the President is acting somewhat awol. It's much more than I, that has noted that. Although, it took the more mainstream WH press pack to get past 50 days so before even they started wondering what was going on.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villakram said:

That's kind of a sad way to act though. It is through speaking with those with differing voices that society functions. Taking your ball home is not constructive, and then one wonders why politics over here is so polarized.

It is a legitimate thing to be concerned about, that the President is acting somewhat awol. It's much more than I, that has noted that. Although, it took the more mainstream WH press pack to get past 50 days so before even they started wondering what was going on.

I don’t see much of an issue of him not talking to the press sooner. Him being ‘something awol’ is a matter of perspective I suppose, he has been very active over the last 2 months (as presidents always are in their first weeks). His priority should be governing, not talking about governing. He has staff for that. Him talking to the press is PR/marketing of his persona/policy.

3 minutes ago, AXD said:

I don’t see much of an issue of him not talking to the press sooner. Him being ‘something awol’ is a matter of perspective I suppose, he has been very active over the last 2 months (as presidents always are in their first weeks). His priority should be governing, not talking about governing. He has staff for that. Him talking to the press is PR/marketing of his persona/policy.

Perspective.

They are clearly keeping him as far away from a mic as possible as he is a walking mess. Not the first politician that has done this, but how can accountability be established if the only people who speak are the spokes-people or PR mavens. This is not healthy in a supposed democracy where openness and accountability go hand in hand.

25 minutes ago, villakram said:

I piggybacked on this comment but put it in the wrong thread, and deleted it. I meant to post it here, and what I said was that I enjoy a good debate as long as it is argued in good faith. When it fails to meet that bar time and again, what's the point of engagement?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villakram said:

Perspective.

They are clearly keeping him as far away from a mic as possible as he is a walking mess. Not the first politician that has done this, but how can accountability be established if the only people who speak are the spokes-people or PR mavens. This is not healthy in a supposed democracy where openness and accountability go hand in hand.

At least his spokes people are meeting the press regularly.   His predecessor's went months at a time without doing so, and when they did it was usually to try to spin his blatant lies or create new ones.   And on the rare occasions when he made himself available he spent most of his time attacking political opponents and insulting reporters who pushed back on his lies or pushed him for answers.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, villakram said:

If you want to look for an AWOL President Trump is the poster boy. 

Just now, sidcow said:

If you want to look for an AWOL President Trump is the poster boy. 

Which he already knows. He literally posted about a democracy where openness and accountability go hand in hand. Did he post this kind of stuff when Fat Orange Baby Racist was in charge? Don’t be daft, of course he didn’t. 

• Like 1

Here is a wonderful Joe moment during today's press event. I won't insult seniors.

...and this is a comparison with his predecessors. I think this is worthy of both comment and mirth. I don't why so many are treating politicians like they are a football team.

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

But you don’t discuss. You ignore reasoned replies and just move on to the next smooth brain ‘alt’ comment. It’s nauseating and it’s clear you don’t ever want to discuss things, you just want to post your thinly veiled right wing bile. 

Without commenting on you yourself and strictly commenting on your actual posts then I’d say your posts are troll like and akin to bots on social media funded by right wing nut jobs. 

Post something that adds to the discussion then, instead of reflexively treating things as black or white.

Â