U.S. Politics

maqroll

11 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Where are you?

This is one that kind of irritates me because there's nothing about organised labour, but still, it's kind of fun if you're thinking about American politics: 

"Take our quiz to find out which one of our nine political typology groups is your best match, compared with a nationally representative survey of more than 10,000 U.S. adults by Pew Research Center. You may find some of these questions are difficult to answer. That’s OK. In those cases, pick the answer that comes closest to your view, even if it isn’t exactly right."

I’m ‘progressive left’, unsurprisingly. But I agree with you, some very fundamental issues are missing. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I’m ‘progressive left’, unsurprisingly. But I agree with you, some very fundamental issues are missing. 

That's what the Mrs got. She's actually a lot brainer than me.

5 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

ambivalent right ... apparently. No way would I vote Republican should I ever get a vote in USA.

That's what I got. And I feel the same as you. It's complicated because UK Conservatives are something like Joe Manchins/Krysten Synemas (sp?) of the USA, but it's really apples and oranges. I'd love to take a British version of this. I do like your new Labour guy, but there were actually a few things about Boris I liked -- just not any of the stuff that got him elected (Brexit, etc.). 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

on the politicalcompass test I typically score -4, -4 bit of a libertarian, spendthrift @Marka Ragnos A British version

Here's a quote not fall afoul of the linking rules ;) 

Before taking the test: Please note that this isn’t a survey, and these aren’t questions. They’re propositions. To question the logic of individual ones that irritate you is to miss the point. Some propositions are extreme, and some are moderate.

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

on the politicalcompass test I typically score -4, -4 bit of a libertarian, spendthrift @Marka Ragnos A British version

Here's a quote not fall afoul of the linking rules ;) 

Before taking the test: Please note that this isn’t a survey, and these aren’t questions. They’re propositions. To question the logic of individual ones that irritate you is to miss the point. Some propositions are extreme, and some are moderate.

Nice one. It's a better test in many ways. I got whatever this is ...

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 3.31.57 PM.png

14 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

on the politicalcompass test I typically score -4, -4 

I’m a -9, -7. 

For having such an otherwise moderate personality and demeanour, I’m quite the radical. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

Nice one. It's a better test in many ways. I got whatever this is ...

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 3.31.57 PM.png

A very slightly more conservative version of me. So now you know what you are ;)

The commentaries on the various elections are interesting, though I would take them with a pinch of salt. Interestingly, Maggie's government seems reasonable compared to what we got today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

And they say you get more conservative as you get older. 

Screenshot_2022-07-16-08-13-18-97_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

You must have been some sort of radical, weed-smoking, no good hippe that doesn't even show up on this scale when you were younger so.

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

personalised chart

I liked the one PEW better because I got "Outsider Left" which is described as: "Outsider Left are the youngest typology group." 

I'm one box lower than you but 'Establishment Liberal' on the other test, which I assume is more moderate (and older) than the outsider.  Probably having more law and order questions skewed it a bit as I hate crime and criminals but am pretty liberal on everything else.

• Like 1

Â