Jimzk5

21 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It’s both.

I’m pretty sure the injuries to Green, Grealish (both pretty young) and Terry (young at heart ;)) can be chalked up to bad luck. Ditto our new right back De Laet being injured for basically a year within a minute of buying him last season. 

An example of our judgement being poor perhaps was rushing Kodija back, but then bad luck played it’s part in that too with him being on international duty and aggravating his injury.

I agree we have been lucky, with the timing of the injuries we've had for one thing, and who they have affected.

For example, it was fine for Boly to be injured at the start of the season, and it's probably fine for Jota to be injured now.

Also, I forgot Costa was out for a while, and hasn't got back to his old self until about three weeks ago, but Jota and Cav have taken up that slack.

Completely agree about rushing Kodja back.  I can understand the temptation however.

@Hev Sorry about that, was my mistake, I agree, Wolves and Villa isn't really a natural rivalry, and I generally wish you lot well personally.  This season while your fans are fine, your board and manager have started to annoy to be honest.

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Out of interest r.e: fitness, I noticed during our game that Wolves were really intense and up for it for the first half, or possibly part of the second half too, but then faded quite a lot.  Is that how your games have been this season?  Blitzing teams in the first hour and then being able to relax more and retain possession?

I'm finding this difficult to answer to be honest.  We do tend to take our foot off the gas a little later on during the game, but generally that's because we're winning I think and trying to conserve energy.

First half at Villa park was a great game I think, very even with some great football played.  Second half, I have to say, you gotta give it to Villa, they just pressed us well all game and took the chances that came (pretty much all of them!).

They must have put a lot into it, as we saw in the following two games you just didn't have the same energy, which is where the conservation of energy when winning might be important.

Our formation is setup to allow us this I think.  Clearly we didn't have that luxury 2nd half at Villa Park

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Out of interest r.e: fitness, I noticed during our game that Wolves were really intense and up for it for the first half, or possibly part of the second half too, but then faded quite a lot.  Is that how your games have been this season?  Blitzing teams in the first hour and then being able to relax more and retain possession?

I've seen plenty mentioned about Villa being tired against QPR as there was only a two day break after the Wolves game and Bruce toyed with the ideas of freshening things up. What hasn't been stated (admittedly I've not gone through the whole thread) is that Wolves had played on the Wednesday before the Villa game so had less time to recover and prepare than Villa who had played on the Tuesday. I think that fatigue may have come into it second half although in all fairness I don't think that we coped very well with Grealish carrying the ball through the lines of our formation. 

Edited by Baldricks Cunning Plan
  • Like 2

Barry Douglas has a wand of a left foot and discovered from nowhere since he was playing in Poland and Turkey. His set pieces are worth about 10-15 goals a season in any division

2 minutes ago, andym said:

Good team, but a pathetic attitude displayed by their manager and players. Nuno doesnt shake Pulis' hand and just runs into pitch, then Coadys first comment postmatch is slating the ref

I don’t like Conor Coady at all - but Boro should’ve been down to 10 with Friend’s trip. Nothing given.

I know the commentators were convinced (i assume it was Don Goodman given how biased to wolves it was), but it looked the slightest of touches- Costa carried on for a couple of strides then flopped to the floor

Boro started the match trying to kick Wolves off the pitch. It's a clear tactic when you think how rare Red cards after about 5 minutes are.

I went to get a Chinese at 2-0 so missed all the red card drama but for Wolves to hang on for 20 odd minutes with just 9 men is some going.

I honestly wouldn't lose any sleep over playing Boro in play offs. As long as you don't fall asleep at set pieces and cut off the supply to Adama they're very limited.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I honestly wouldn't lose any sleep over playing Boro in play offs. As long as you don't fall asleep at set pieces and cut off the supply to Adama they're very limited.

I agree with this completely, I think they are the easiest potential opponents. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Boro started the match trying to kick Wolves off the pitch. It's a clear tactic when you think how rare Red cards after about 5 minutes are.

I went to get a Chinese at 2-0 so missed all the red card drama but for Wolves to hang on for 20 odd minutes with just 9 men is some going.

Are you trying to impress our owner.....come on at least tell us what you had:)

I actually for once agree with a Bobzy prediction, this Wolves team should get past 100 + points and tbh they deserve to particuarly with their response to the thrashing they got off us which is always the sign of a good mentality.

They impress me a lot more than Newcastle did last season, did they get to 100 points in the end?

Wolves are probably the best team the second tier has seen for many years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like Nuno, he is a top man and celebrates like football should be done. None of that running down the sidelines for the cameras bullshit but with his players and staff

• Like 2

My £10 (or rather about that but in Swedish Kronor) bet on Wolves winning the Championship i made before the season is looking pretty safe now.

Shame I didn't put more money on it.

• Like 1

Â