Jimzk5

Are some of the transfers surrounding Wolves a little dodgy?  This Rafa Mir fella is about to be sold by Wolves for approx £14m to Sevilla. They signed him in 2018 for approx £1.5m and he appears to have done nothing of note at Wolves during the last 3 years. Now he may have had some recent/successful loans (haven’t followed him) but that’s some decent profit.

Pretty sure we’re not as successful with these type of deals, so how come?  Is he another Jorge Mendes client perhaps? 

Edited by ferguson1

Mir scored thirteen goals in La Liga last season, if you wanted to buy a striker that scored the same amount of goals in the Premier League it would probably cost a lot more than fourteen million.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Are some of the transfers surrounding Wolves a little dodgy?  This Rafa Mir fella is about to be sold by Wolves for approx £14m to Sevilla. They signed him in 2018 for approx £1.5m and he appears to have done nothing of note at Wolves during the last 3 years. Now he may have had some recent/successful loans (haven’t followed him) but that’s some decent profit.

Pretty sure we’re not as successful with these type of deals, so how come?  Is he another Jorge Mendes client perhaps? 

Blimey, that's a tidy profit.

I wonder who the last player was that we signed and subsequently sold for a profit? Benteke in 2015?

2 hours ago, useless said:

Mir scored thirteen goals in La Liga last season, if you wanted to buy a striker that scored the same amount of goals in the Premier League it would probably cost a lot more than fourteen million.

That would perhaps explain the price tag then.

Wasn’t aware of this but a nice tidy profit for someone that hasn’t worked out at the club. 

12 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Blimey, that's a tidy profit.

I wonder who the last player was that we signed and subsequently sold for a profit? Benteke in 2015?

Think show which shows how bad our transfer policy used to be.

Looks at us now though, the following players are all worth more than they were when we bought them;

Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Targett, Mings, Watkins, Luiz, McGinn.  We'd prob even be able to make a profit on El Ghazi if we sold him now.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

The Spurs bid for Adama is apparantly £5m to have him on loan for the season and then a further £35m to make the deal permanent, not sure that Wolves will agree to that their CEO pretty much said that they need to sell to buy, losing one of their better players but only getting £5m now isn't going to help much with that. Neves being linked to Man Utd by Fabrizio Romano as well.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Adama is not a footballer, he’s over-beefed and better without the ball than with it. 

Maybe its a way for Levy to pay back the stadium by making him a side show. Next week watch Adama vs Cheetah

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

For all the jokes, Spurs will be proper scary with Son/Bergwijn/Adama flying in their new formation.

Adama is nothing special at all. In a team better than Wolves he’ll look even further away from being quality. 
Son is massively underrated. 

I know they have no point and no goals but I think they've looked very good in every game. 

Adama looks unplayable at the moment. 

I think they're going to be a tough team to finish above, I think they'll be top half this year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I know they have no point and no goals but I think they've looked very good in every game. 

Adama looks unplayable at the moment. 

I think they're going to be a tough team to finish above, I think they'll be top half this year.

Agree 100% How on earth they didn’t score yesterday I’ll never know

• Like 1

Unplayable in the sense that he will beat anyone in a race with/to the ball but when he gets to the end of that race then he hasn’t got a clue. Adama isn’t a good footballer at all. He is just very **** strong and fast. But that’s all he is. His end product is abysmal. *IF* he can add more assists and a few goals to his game then he will change a few minds. I don’t think he will though. Good luck to him though as he is great to watch. 

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Unplayable in the sense that he will beat anyone in a race with/to the ball but when he gets to the end of that race then he hasn’t got a clue. Adama isn’t a good footballer at all. He is just very **** strong and fast. But that’s all he is. His end product is abysmal. *IF* he can add more assists and a few goals to his game then he will change a few minds. I don’t think he will though. Good luck to him though as he is great to watch. 

Guardian called him Wolves main man 😂

Â