Jimzk5

Bruno Lage has been confirmed now, I notice in the announcement they make a point of highlighting his work with youngsters, and namecheck Joao Felix, Ruben Dias and Carlos Viniscus, so seems like the talk of them trying progress with up and coming young players from Portugal might have some truth to it, which might not be a bad thing for them, but if it coincides with selling a bunch of their established players in one window, then it's going to be difficult for them to make it work.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Bruno Lage has been confirmed now, I notice in the announcement they make a point of highlighting his work with youngsters, and namecheck Joao Felix, Ruben Dias and Carlos Viniscus, so seems like the talk of them trying progress with up and coming young players from Portugal might have some truth to it, which might not be a bad thing for them, but if it coincides with selling a bunch of their established players in one window, then it's going to be difficult for them to make it work.

It certainly is a spin of the roulette wheel. What I will say is that the owners seem willing to take that gamble on the basis that they think it can be successful. The easy approach would have been to keep Nuno and have the value of there investment secure on the basis that we were unlikely with him in charge of being involved in a relegation battle. In my opinion it is easier to be the next Swansea/Stoke and be back in the Championship by ripping up the the plan that got you established in the top flight than to move forwards. Time will tell.

• Like 2

On 25/05/2021 at 22:55, VillaChris said:

I watched a bit of Benfica when Portugal league restarted last June a few weeks before prem and they were awful. From what I remember aswell Benfica were playing 4-2-3-1 so that's a big problem for Wolves going forward with manager who wants to play a back 4 as Boly and Coady were hopless in that formation v decent prem attacks when it was trialed a few times.

Surprised they haven't gone in for Paulo Fonseca who didn't have a great end of season with Roma but he's a vastly experienced manager.

Will just be another transitional season for Wolves. May sneak into 10th if Jimenez comes back as good as before.

Fonesca close to becoming new Spurs manager apparently. Thought he'd end up somewhere in premier league but can't see him being a great fit there, high expectations with a declining squad is never a good combination.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Fonesca close to becoming new Spurs manager apparently. Thought he'd end up somewhere in premier league but can't see him being a great fit there, high expectations with a declining squad is never a good combination.

As i said pretty poor job at Roma, a desperate move by Spurs but another friend of Pep so might get the Arteta media treatment

21 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Being replaced by Jose Sa. Mendes being Mendes.

Looks like they've got a thing going with Olympiakos now given Podence also signed from there even though the owner also runs Nottingham Forest.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Looks like they've got a thing going with Olympiakos now given Podence also signed from there even though the owner also runs Nottingham Forest.

Vinagre as well was there, seems they have a Portuguese manager as well and a few Portuguese players

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Patricio off for 7m.

Seems like the beginning of the end now.

Can't be bothered to check now but about a month ago when I last looked on their boards there was more than a few of them who wanted him gone 

• 3 weeks later...

I imagine a number of their players will now be linked to Spurs, seems like Neves is almost certainly leaving so a possible destination for him, can see Raul being linked as well as a replacement for Kane if he moves.

They've signed Trincão on loan from Barcelona with an option to buy, don't know anything about him but seems highly rated and their fans are greeting his arrival with surprise and excitement. Makes me wonder that maybe Neto or Adama is going to be sold.

Wolves 'ITK' on twitter who's very reliable on them to the point where if he says something most of their fans take it as a given, I think he has some sort of connection to Patricio, has said that they're going to be selling players to raise money and that Neves is 99% certain to leave. Talk that Adama might be leaving as well, their fans were hoping that he and Neves were going to make a big impression at the Euros, the idea being that they'd get a bigger transfer fee for them.

Basically seems like they're having a revamp of their squad...

Trincão is the positive side of being so closely linked to Jorge Mendes and the option to by is good business from Wolves. He does look terrific.

It would rankle with me being such a blatant part of the food chain, and though technically everyone outside of the top 6 is, in Wolves’ position you can’t fend off interest like Palace did with Zaha for example, because that is the Mendes roulette. I would say Wolves are in a better position than Palace in terms of growth though.

I think in this case Barcelona are happy to break even on the fee paid and so everyone is happy. 

On 04/07/2021 at 18:03, useless said:

Wolves 'ITK' on twitter who's very reliable on them to the point where if he says something most of their fans take it as a given, I think he has some sort of connection to Patricio, has said that they're going to be selling players to raise money and that Neves is 99% certain to leave. Talk that Adama might be leaving as well, their fans were hoping that he and Neves were going to make a big impression at the Euros, the idea being that they'd get a bigger transfer fee for them.

Basically seems like they're having a revamp of their squad...

Mendes players will leave, then be replaced by Mendes players.

Mendes makes money from both which is flushed through Chinese Bank accounts. 

Edited by pas5898
Typo

Â