Jimzk5

Deano is class. I love him at Villa. Fan as coach, fan as captain, its wonderful. 

The love-in Wolves fans have for Nuno is beyond weird though. Tattoo's, tears, a friend of a friend has a framed poster of Nuno on the wall of his front room. The Athletic writer for Wolves wrote yesterday about the "unforgettable, lifetime memories" Nuno created.

They got promoted. Then came 7th. 

• Like 1

Just now, pas5898 said:

Reports they are closing in on Bruno Lage as the next manager. 

A lot of negativity online about the appointment. Is he that bad? 

He has nothing on his CV, not even sure if hes a client of mendes but it's very easy to write him off as being gifted the job as his mate 

He could represent the negative side of mendes being there 

Which seeing as he also flogged them a load of players who weren't ready last summer and wasted £35m on Semedo I'm not sure how much good will there is towards mendes at the moment 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Reports they are closing in on Bruno Lage as the next manager. 

A lot of negativity online about the appointment. Is he that bad? 

He was Carvahal assistant at Sheffield Wednesday and Swansea. He has won the league with Benfica at least.

One of their main reporters had said that as well as Lage other 'big names' had expressed interest in the job, I think Wolves fans were getting their hopes up that it would be someone like Lopetegui, Fonseca, or Benitez, don't know anything about him but Rúben Amorim was also getting mentioned as well.

35 minutes ago, useless said:

One of their main reporters had said that as well as Lage other 'big names' had expressed interest in the job, I think Wolves fans were getting their hopes up that it would be someone like Lopetegui, Fonseca, or Benitez, don't know anything about him but Rúben Amorim was also getting mentioned as well.

Amorim won the Portuguese league losing just once, ex Portugal international as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Rumours that Neves is available for a figure around £35 million,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That was the thing with wolves and mendes, I usually take the rumours in papers with a pinch of salt in the belief that it was either the agent fishing for a move or more likely the agent fishing for a pay rise bit either way its all the agent "leaking" bullshit 

Wolves: mendes players seemed exempt from that, you see laughable traore stuff all the time but the mendes players are quiet, if there is Neves stuff in the papers there'll be no smoke without fire 

4 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Rumours that Neves is available for a figure around £35 million,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Good backup for Nakamba. I'd buy him and loan him to the Baggies for 12 months just for funsies.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

All of the 'mind the gap' silliness didn't age well, did it?

Aged like a glass of full fat milk. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

FTFY

their problem was they did some serious peacocking during the good times, i lost count at the number of wolves fans who laughed at me when i warned them how big the jump was to the big boys "we're different" no you're **** not! they truly believed the momentum would keep going

sadly i think some of our own fans believe it with us now...so do leeds fans...its a huge mountain to climb, rigged against you too

Not only that, but it was always built on a house of cards, namely their relationship with a super agent getting them dodgy deals. It's really not much to brag about, but I guess they would have taken any opportunity they could get really.

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

That would suggest to me that Fosun are pulling the plug.

They probably are. That's seems to be the recent order from the top of their  country is putting a stop on silly money on football. And as for Fosun buying Bordeaux, it could be the wine not the club 

Edited by HongKongVillan

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was Carvahal assistant at Sheffield Wednesday and Swansea. He has won the league with Benfica at least.

I watched a bit of Benfica when Portugal league restarted last June a few weeks before prem and they were awful. From what I remember aswell Benfica were playing 4-2-3-1 so that's a big problem for Wolves going forward with manager who wants to play a back 4 as Boly and Coady were hopless in that formation v decent prem attacks when it was trialed a few times.

Surprised they haven't gone in for Paulo Fonseca who didn't have a great end of season with Roma but he's a vastly experienced manager.

Will just be another transitional season for Wolves. May sneak into 10th if Jimenez comes back as good as before.

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

That would suggest to me that Fosun are pulling the plug.

Nuno apparently walked out MON style as he was told a few weeks back they'd have to sell to buy this summer and use season long loans so does seems Fosun are slowly realising just like Lerner did a decade ago how much you need to invest to get top 4 and are baulking at that.

Â