Jimzk5

35 minutes ago, useless said:

John Percy reporting on Arsenal bidding for Neves now as a replacement for Xhaka, says Wolves would want £40m and that Neves is open to leaving.

Project Mendes 

Vitinha didn't work last season, he's too young, maybe they get him again

Or some other Portuguese talent (there's a few out there) 

Fingers crossed the conveyor belt finally gives them their nzogbia 

Edited by villa4europe

They're being linked with a player called Samu Costa who I think is a similar style of player to Neves, so would presumably be a replacement, he's only twenty so ties in with the talk of them looking more towards young promising players that they can sign before they become too expensive.

Talk of Moutinho also going back to Porto, surely they won't let both go the same summer as it's not like they've overflowing with CMs. Dendoncker played a fair amount in back 3 and didn't have that great a season looking at one of their forums so from that being a big strength of them two years ago it could now be a major weakness if they're just signing kids to replace them.

They seem to be following our path from just over a decade ago and now seem to be on the 11-12 season so it will be Big Sam as appointment in mid June and likes of Barry Banito and Tonevito in midfield for them next season!

Can remember a season or two back them being strongly linked with Franck Kessie but little chance of that sort of move happening...but that's probably still the calibre of player their fanbase would be expecting if they sold their first choice midfield.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Talk of Moutinho also going back to Porto, surely they won't let both go the same summer as it's not like they've overflowing with CMs. Dendoncker played a fair amount in back 3 and didn't have that great a season looking at one of their forums so from that being a big strength of them two years ago it could now be a major weakness if they're just signing kids to replace them.

They seem to be following our path from just over a decade ago and now seem to be on the 11-12 season so it will be Big Sam as appointment in mid June and likes of Barry Banito and Tonevito in midfield for them next season!

Can remember a season or two back them being strongly linked with Franck Kessie but little chance of that sort of move happening...but that's probably still the calibre of player their fanbase would be expecting if they sold their first choice midfield.

Moutinho and Patricio both earn too much if they have money problems 

I expect them to have the maximum number of loans next season, linked with Trincao who will be exciting but not what they need 

25 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Onwards and sideways 

Onwards are downwards 

That Palace team has no players, only a lunatic will take that job on.

On 10/09/2020 at 23:47, Tomaszk said:

Things could start to get juicy at Wolves if Nuno leaves.

Mendes might decide he wants to move Traore and Neves and Patricio to another side to get himself £15m in the bank.

He won't mess with them while Nuno is at the helm though.

spacer.png

As a Wolves fan, it would be a difficult take to lose Nuno to Palace.

It was originally put down to homesickness and I think Wolves fans would understand that, they'd maybe even understand Tottenham, but Palace would be a blow.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

As a Wolves fan, it would be a difficult take to lose Nuno to Palace.

It was originally put down to homesickness and I think Wolves fans would understand that, they'd maybe even understand Tottenham, but Palace would be a blow.

Sorry, I'm confused, are you saying that if you were a Wolves fan or that you actually are a Wolves fan? 

9 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Sorry, I'm confused, are you saying that if you were a Wolves fan or that you actually are a Wolves fan? 

How very dare you!

From the perspective of a Wolves fan; it's not a perspective I hold or would wish to dwell on.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

How very dare you!

From the perspective of a Wolves fan; it's not a perspective I hold or would wish to dwell on.

Haha. 

Thought so, was sat there somewhat confused though thinking 'I know we get some visiting fans on here but how on earth did one become a Mod? How's that never come up before?' 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, dubbs said:

Hearing Nuno is off to Palace? What's all that about!

I feel a bit bad for Palace fans who would have heard all about Wolves being an exciting attacking side from pundits. Wonder what they think when he rocks up and is more negative than Hodgson. I guess the positive side is that he is well equipped to work with their squad.

I don't see he's good enough to do anything there unless Mendez comes with him and hands him a load of young bright stars on a plate again. 

It’s a very surprising move for Nuno, I don’t really know what Palace and him are expecting from each other. It’s quite funny when you think of the Wolves fans though, their precious saviour would rather manage Crystal **** Palace 😂

The appointment of Lage points to a continuation of the Portuguese approach, but If Uncle Mendes (sounds like a peado) decides he’s had enough of the project and their talent pipeline dries up, then Wolves will need to rethink their whole approach. That precious gap of theirs will get bigger and bigger. 

23 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s a very surprising move for Nuno, I don’t really know what Palace and him are expecting from each other. It’s quite funny when you think of the Wolves fans though, their precious saviour would rather manage Crystal **** Palace 😂

The appointment of Lage points to a continuation of the Portuguese approach, but If Uncle Mendes (sounds like a peado) decides he’s had enough of the project and their talent pipeline dries up, then Wolves will need to rethink their whole approach. That precious gap of theirs will get bigger and bigger. 

It appears their brief moment in the sun has come to an end. They'll be back in their box soon enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

It appears their brief moment in the sun has come to an end. They'll be back in their kennel soon enough.

Fixed

30 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Even if Mendes continues they won't be building anything substantial because if any of their players become stars they will be sold and the cycle will start again.

Â