West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

2 hours ago, Wurzel said:

It's not going well for Mr Bruce.

If it was me, I would hang my jacket up and do the odd bit of media work and spend most of my time on a beach. Why does he need this shit?

With this weird football masochism coupled with the fact that he's apparently a slumlord, I can only conclude that he's greedy as hell.

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

6th 😂

Evening Mail says 5th!

Anyway, they wont go down, unfortunately. They will get rid of Bruce soon, and make it to mid table by season's end.  

"Stand up if you want Bruce out"  and  "You dont know what you're doing" (the latter when a sub was made) were sung rather prominently today.

The mad lot, eh?

He told BBC WM: "Obviously they [the fans] didn't like the substitutions, but both of them have picked up knocks and I'm bringing on a centre-forward who scored 18 goals for us last year [Karlan Grant] and John Swift, who's got more assists than anybody else in the Championship last year.

"Of course they weren't happy about it which maybe, when they hear about it later, they'll understand better.

"I've been in this a long, long time. If you've been doing it for 1,000 games you'd like to think you know what you're doing."

Edited by StewieGriffin

14 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

"Stand up if you want Bruce out"  and  "You dont know what you're doing" (the latter when a sub was made) were sung rather prominently today.

The mad lot, eh?

These subs were 83 minutes as well into the game :D 

On 07/10/2022 at 08:11, Wurzel said:

To be fair to Bruce he has had no cash to spend, and they are owned by some very shady people by the look of it.

I hear he’s had to beg, steal and borrow

Over the last two windows they've signed Jed Wallace and John Swift, two of the most creative players in the championship, between them last season they had 42 goals and assists, wouldn't have been a surprise to see those two go to lower level Premier League clubs, they also signed Okay Yokuşlu who was very good for them  in the Premier League, and was being linked to Wolves after that loan spell, they also signed Daryl Dike in January for £10m, he's been injured but he's another who might have gone to play at an higher level.

So whilst they haven't spent huge amounts, they've still signed some very good players by Championship standards, and have been allowed to hang on to the likes of Ahearne-Grant and Diagana.

With their squad, which isn't amazing, but championship isn't great quality at the moment, they should at least be challenging for the Play-Offs.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I was of the mind that they would start pulling away from the bottom of the table sooner rather than later, but they lost again today and starting to look like they could be in genuine trouble if they don't improve their results fast. They're now three points from safety, two of the three teams immediately above them have games in hand, Coventry have three games in hand, and Huddersfield the only team beneath them also has a game in hand.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, useless said:

I was of the mind that they would start pulling away from the bottom of the table sooner rather than later, but they lost again today and starting to look like they could be in genuine trouble if they don't improve their results fast. They're now three points from safety, two of the three teams immediately above them have games in hand, Coventry have three games in hand, and Huddersfield the only team beneath them also has a game in hand.

Good, hope they go down 

• Like 2

Â