West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

Looks like they promotion this year then or they are in serious trouble. Only a couple of points off the playoffs though and on a good run so it’s not out of the question. 

Still a long way to go of course but the current playoff teams don’t look particularly strong. 

Blackburn 

Middlesbrough

Millwall

Watford 

• 2 weeks later...

Corberán already being linked with West Ham job, if Leeds job becomes available he will inevitably be linked with that as well, normally wouldn't expect a manager to move so soon, but with what's going on behind the scenes at West Brom it would be less surprising if he did.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Their owner took money out of the club, promised to pay it back, didn't, and has followed that up with a series of loans with comically ridiculous interest rates. Auditors are clearly pessimistic on the going concern. This is bad.

• Shocked 2

51 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Their owner took money out of the club, promised to pay it back, didn't, and has followed that up with a series of loans with comically ridiculous interest rates. Auditors are clearly pessimistic on the going concern. This is bad.

9049A743-8E68-4695-A8C5-339B0B0F68C6.gif.29c0cef8918230f12759178ad1d7852e.gif

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I would hate to see any club go under, particularly due to an unscrupulous owner milking the club dry. 

We were nearly there under Xia, more due to utter incompetence than theft but we know how it feels. We were lucky that our current owners came along. 

I don't wish that feeling on fans of any club. Small Heath excepted, obviously.

I'm more than happy for any club that laughed and mocked our plight to suffer the fate they wished upon us.

Let them burn.

• Like 2

I've kinda got mixed feelings towards the rapid downturn of clubs like the Baggies and Small Heath. This sort of stuff does offer Villa a huge opportunity, especially at staffing and academy level. There's a real opportunity for Villa to have a genuine stronghold over the region in terms of academy recruitment over the coming years. Instability and incompetence at the upper echelons always trickles down: Blues almost closed their academy and made it a B team a few years ago, only reversing when they were told by virtually everyone how insane an idea it was. What sort of message does incompetent ownership send to parents, kids and staff? With the huge financial holes at both Small Heath and the Tesco Bags, and Villa's initiatives such as the closer partnerships with schools FAs (often at the expense of pre-existing partnerships with the blues and baggies!) and the inner-city academy, and there's an almost perfect environment for Villa to increase their dominance over the region at an operational level for years.

On the other hand (this is probably one of my hotter takes) I'd genuinely prefer the likes of West Brom and Small Heath in the Prem (as long as we finished above them, of course). The prospect of never playing Small Heath/Baggies again (particularly blues) just feels kind of.. sad. Not only is it a guaranteed 12 points a season, but beating them feels so good. It'd also mean that we'd be a one-club city like Leeds, and that's just wrong. And that our proper rivalries would have to be with Wolverhampton/Leicester, which feels doubly wrong.

I dunno, really. Clearly head vs heart 😄

• Like 1

Â