West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

Don't see them challenging to come back up straight away.

Look at how many players are in their 30s, going to need a massive squad clear out.

Not got much cash to play with either.

Don't think they'll be as bad as Sunderland but could be their worst championship season in a while.

On 3/28/2018 at 11:24, bobzy said:

Again, I’m not sure the manager agrees what to pay the players. 

You would think so, but when some managers like O'Neill have almost a track record of signing players on bigger wages it makes you wonder.

MON did the exact same thing at Sunderland. Di Canio came in after him and pulled a Lambert, signing a bunch of unknown players on low wages. Same club, just a few months apart. Only thing that changed was the managers.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Don't see them challenging to come back up straight away.

Look at how many players are in their 30s, going to need a massive squad clear out.

Not got much cash to play with either.

Don't think they'll be as bad as Sunderland but could be their worst championship season in a while.

Depends on who they can keep. For instance, I think Burke and Rondon would be terrific at Championship level. 

19 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Depends on who they can keep. For instance, I think Burke and Rondon would be terrific at Championship level. 

I don’t think rondon will stay to be honest 

Jonny Evans has 3m release clause.

Gibbs will probably go to another lower half prem club.

Barry will retire although he seems to have already given his attitude to their plight which has shocked me.

Rondon will probably go back to La Liga.

Rodriguez will get picked up by another prem club.

When WBA go down they've usually bounced back straight away. Don't see that happening next season tbh so big task to stop the rot for whoever the new manager is.

Evans, Dawson, Rondon, Foster maybe could flog Livermore as he has international caps. Phillips another on that will go and probably Chadli might get an offer

Stuck with players like McClean, McAuley, Yacob, Myhill, Morrison and Brunt. Decent characters but all past the prime or in McClean case no talent

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Evans, Dawson, Rondon, Foster maybe could flog Livermore as he has international caps. Phillips another on that will go and probably Chadli might get an offer

Stuck with players like McClean, McAuley, Yacob, Myhill, Morrison and Brunt. Decent characters but all past the prime or in McClean case no talent

I think Morrison, Brunt and Yacob all out of contract in the summer (WBA have option to extend) so I think they wll be gone, especially as Morrison is rumoured to be on £80k per week

On 3/28/2018 at 21:01, Xela said:

The Sturridge loan has worked out well hasn't it?! :D

Daniel Sturridge has cost West Bromwich Albion a staggering £50,000 a minute since his January loan move, but Alan Pardew has defended the signing of the Liverpool striker.

Struggling West Brom paid £3.8 million to land the England international but he has played only 77 minutes of football and the deal is under increasing scrutiny after he was ruled out for the next two games.

In a week when there were revelations over the club’s poor financial position, Sturridge will miss Saturday’s visit of Burnley and is likely to be out of next weekend’s crucial game against Swansea, ensuring he will miss seven matches in a row.

The 28 year-old joined West Brom in a bid to revive his hopes of playing at the World Cup but those chances are now over after an excruciating period for the forward, who suffered from persistent injury problems at Liverpool.

Pardew’s recruitment of Sturridge was seen as a huge boost in their fight for survival, after scrapping bids for Watford’s Troy Deeney and Leicester’s Islam Slimani.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/30/daniel-sturridge-has-cost-west-brom-staggering-50000-minute/

• Haha 1

Just now, Xela said:

Awful appointment from the beginning. 

Agreed, I reckon if monk didn’t jump at blose he would have been a strong contender same with Coleman.

if I was them I’d go for Harris from millwall or try tempt jonkavic although unlikely he would leave

Â