West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

23 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

They've won at Forest, a very good result I guess. But anyway it could be first game which doesn't indicate anything. SHA won at Brentford typically on their way, only one shot in target and 25% possession. But fair enough WBA came from a losing position.

The league seem tricky, couple of unpredicted results.

Anyway, I think that they have a good chance in getting up if they carried on. 

fluke, the forest GK threw 2 in the back of the net. They were the better team after the 2nd goal tho. forest looked cack

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

fluke, the forest GK threw 2 in the back of the net. They were the better team after the 2nd goal tho. forest looked cack

I've watched it until it was 1-1 then I was busy. But saw that they won it. So not sure how was the game going. It seems that Forest don't have a good chance. Although still early days.

Edited by abdulaziz1

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

They have recruited well so far. But they won't get near to being promoted unless they sign another striker. They seriously lack goals.

Depends how Fulham and the good teams doing. No one saw Norwich promoting let alone winning the league.

Yet everybody thought WBA and Leeds are definitely up last season with Stoke, and look what happened.

So Gayle turned down another season long loan with an option for them to buy on deadline day. I thought he loved them.......

Austin could be a good signing, depends on if he has a point to prove

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

About to sign ex Blackburn, Norwich & Swansea LB Martin Olsson on a free transfer according to Swedish papers.

Used to be part of the Swedish national side but has not played this season.

10 hours ago, sne said:

About to sign ex Blackburn, Norwich & Swansea LB Martin Olsson on a free transfer according to Swedish papers.

Used to be part of the Swedish national side but has not played this season.

Weird signing, you wouldn't expect him to be able to play in the PL comfortably any more, and they should be coming up this season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

1 year since we beat them, lowered myself and got dragged in to an argument with a baggies supporting family member

they're convinced they're coming up and we're going down, also convinced that they will of course make a far better fist of it than we did, I cannot see anything past them "doing a villa"

they lose 4 players on loan and 8 out of contract this summer, the loans have made 93 appearances the contract players 101, the out of contract players aren't anything crazy special but they do lose 2 of the older heads in brunt and barry

the team for their last game - Johnstone; O’Shea, Ajayi, Bartley, Townsend; Livermore, Sawyers; Pereira, Krovinović, Robinson; Robson-Kanu - subs Bond; Gibbs, Austin, Harper, Furlong, Edwards

they lose the players in bold in the summer (Pereira is joining for £9m), that team is not staying up...they too will need £100m+ spent on new players, they haven't got a striker for a start (Austin only has 8 championship goals this season, they score goals but don't have a player in double figures)

To be honest if they did come up they most likely would do better than Villa, this season has been a disaster (so far)...surely they couldn't do any worse?

Unlike us they don't have delusions of grandeur, they know their place.

47 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

To be honest if they did come up they most likely would do better than Villa, this season has been a disaster (so far)...surely they couldn't do any worse?

Unlike us they don't have delusions of grandeur, they know their place.

What?

After three years of "Pride of the Midlands, we know what we are"??

Or am I missing your subtle sarcasm? ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

They have some decent attacking players, interested how Matheus Pereria would get on in premier league. Defence is pretty bad though, never impresses me when I watch their games in championship and conceded 3 at home to Newcastle in the cup which is pretty poor, Almiron was running through them no problem.

Â