West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Baggies bottling it. Haha!

Brentford are finishing 2nd aren't they...

Yes the good thing about the late Huddersfield goal is it means Brentford can go up with 4 points rather than have to win both games.

Had a feeling one of the top 2 was going to bottle it, popular opinion was Leeds but I always felt WBA were more vulnerable at the back and so it proved again tonight.

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

They were clear a while ago. Love that result tonight, their fans are so funny trying to give it to us

It's just banter.

We would do the same if the tables were turned.

Read some of the comments, few of them saying we beat them because of a cheating ref last year, what's that all about? 

The penalty in the home game? That's **** laughable, grealish done gibbs like a kipper, all day pen, was just too quick for him 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Read some of the comments, few of them saying we beat them because of a cheating ref last year, what's that all about? 

The penalty in the home game? That's **** laughable, grealish done gibbs like a kipper, all day pen, was just too quick for him 

They thought Grealish dived. Also Gayle second yellow but he was stupid to go studs in for that cross.

Wasn't there some handball shout for them in the second leg, Brunt pretty much ended their chances of scoring a second anyway with his ridiculous challenge on a yellow.

Forgot about gayle

That was an all dayer too, he was late as **** with no chance of ever getting on the end of the cross

You do that tackle on a midfielder and you get booked but you do it on a keeper and it's "he has a right to go for it" but he didn't **** get it did he? He studded the keeper instead 

4 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Brilliant they've been cruising all year just to potentially blow it

13 points clear at the top at before Christmas I think

Just like us last season there best players are on loan. 

23 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

13 points clear at the top at before Christmas I think

Just like us last season there best players are on loan. 

4 on loan and I think 6 or 7 out of contract

They will "do a Villa" they've got no choice, very few in that squad are PL players, Johnstone, that pereira looks good, maybe Austin but he hasn't torn the championship up, gibbs at a push, they like sawyers but is he a PL midfielder? 

Really don't see anything other than them being shit in the PL

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The bitterness in general is just a different level. It’s a very strange level of hate they have for Villa beyond just a bit of rivalry in my experience.

Was thinking about this the other day though and just about EVERY opportunity to achieve ‘bragging rights’ has backfired on them. No wonder they are all gammon faced. 

• Sending us down - Foster **** up
  • Cup Quarter Final - We won for yet another Wembley visit
  • Playoff Semi - We won
  • We almost go bust - We attract great owners, theirs is another Xia "can't extract money from China" who already wants out
  • Trading Places this season - not as straight forward as it looked 😅 (though they in all probability will still go up)

The Playoff semi anger is a very strange one. I genuinely don’t see their angle tbh.

They constantly go on about Grealish. But their Periera dives 3x more and play acts in addition - despite being less of an opposition target since he’s < half the player.

They are always upset that we don’t really chant about them and no serious rivalry has ever developed anywhere near the level of Blues. Personally I’ve always seen them as a ‘decent/honest’ and incredibly ‘meh’ team. Never anything to be envious of - even at their glass ceiling 'peak' (in contrast to Wolves who are admirable). Decent fans you can talk about football (non-villa) to when they aren’t being bitter.

Odd bunch.

Edited by Djemba_Villan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

4 on loan and I think 6 or 7 out of contract

They will "do a Villa" they've got no choice, very few in that squad are PL players, Johnstone, that pereira looks good, maybe Austin but he hasn't torn the championship up, gibbs at a push, they like sawyers but is he a PL midfielder? 

Really don't see anything other than them being shit in the PL

Johnstone will be exposed in premier league imo, been lots of errors for WBA this season.

Somehow back in the driving seat now and they have QPR at home last game who don't even want to be playing football. Lucky t***s.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Not bottlers after all...

Yes they are. 

Brentford just outbottled them today

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Yes they are. 

Brentford just outbottled them today

Easier to chase than to be chased.  Brentford did incredibly well to get this close but  West Brom have been there and deserve to get automatic promotion

Edited by PaulC

On 18/07/2020 at 03:17, Djemba_Villan said:

The bitterness in general is just a different level. It’s a very strange level of hate they have for Villa beyond just a bit of rivalry in my experience.

Was thinking about this the other day though and just about EVERY opportunity to achieve ‘bragging rights’ has backfired on them. No wonder they are all gammon faced. 

• Sending us down - Foster **** up
  • Cup Quarter Final - We won for yet another Wembley visit
  • Playoff Semi - We won
  • We almost go bust - We attract great owners, theirs is another Xia "can't extract money from China" who already wants out
  • Trading Places this season - not as straight forward as it looked 😅 (though they in all probability will still go up)

The Playoff semi anger is a very strange one. I genuinely don’t see their angle tbh.

They constantly go on about Grealish. But their Periera dives 3x more and play acts in addition - despite being less of an opposition target since he’s < half the player.

They are always upset that we don’t really chant about them and no serious rivalry has ever developed anywhere near the level of Blues. Personally I’ve always seen them as a ‘decent/honest’ and incredibly ‘meh’ team. Never anything to be envious of - even at their glass ceiling 'peak' (in contrast to Wolves who are admirable). Decent fans you can talk about football (non-villa) to when they aren’t being bitter.

Odd bunch.

Wolves are at least a good team, they're well placed to give us the big un. Where WBA get off thinking they hold a candle to us I'll never know. They lasted all of 2 years being in a league higher than us before they joined us and we promptly knocked them out to leap back above them. That must sting, and is probably why they're so salty. 

Â