West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I’m stunned they chose him over  Hughton. Hughton is a perfect fit fo4 them

Hughton was approached and said no according to Alan nixon. 

Bilic isn't a bad manager but that West brom squad needs a massive overhaul otherwise they will be down there for a while. 

Pride of the Midlands my arse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will always be eternally grateful to the WBA board for sacking Moore and not replacing him with a proper manager.

We got through that semi final mostly due to poor discipline from their best players and I believe they would have beaten us if Brunt,Gayle and Robson Kanu hadn’t been sent off.

• Like 1

Could be some lean years coming up at WBA if the owner can't even get a £4m investment out of China  (a pittance in modern football). How many clubs have been promoted to the PL in recent years without the benefit of owner investment?

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

So their owner is saying he can't take money out of China to pay back debts. Seems a lot like Doctor Tony over there at the moment.

tenor.gif?itemid=7919962

• 2 weeks later...

Madness really, dont people know that Barca/PSG etc just ruin their young foreign talent?

If i were his advisor i would be advising him to stay at WBA or go to another local team (like us :)

This kind of thing always reminds me of Crowley, chasing the "star club" rather than concentrating on their development.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7220225/Barcelona-ahead-PSG-race-sign-teenage-striker-Louie-Barry.html

Barcelona move ahead of PSG in race to sign highly-coveted teenage striker Louie Barry after 16-year-old turned down professional deal at West Brom

Saw it as barca, psg and RB Leipzig and instantly thought he should go to RB

the social media response from baggies fans I saw was hope he goes on to have the same successful career as Izzy brown, they have a point

As much as I have no love for wba this  deal leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Wba basically gave him the opportunity developed him and he used them jumped ship to Barcelona and showed zero Loyalty to the club. Wba only get 200k out of it as well.

Disgusting. I hope he flops like odegaard did at real madrid

bit harsh

im going to gamble that barca might have a slightly better set up than the baggies

izzy brown is slightly different for me because he was on the cusp of breakthrough and chose to not play football for a couple of years instead

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

As much as I have no love for wba this  deal leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Wba basically gave him the opportunity developed him and he used them jumped ship to Barcelona and showed zero Loyalty to the club. Wba only get 200k out of it as well.

Disgusting. I hope he flops like odegaard did at real madrid

If it was your boy what would be saying Dem?

My lad is currently training with Leicester which is an amazing opportunity for him but if when he was 16 a huge club came calling I'm not sure I'd be telling him to say loyal to Leicester.

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

If it was your boy what would be saying Dem?

My lad is currently training with Leicester which is an amazing opportunity for him but if when he was 16 a huge club came calling I'm not sure I'd be telling him to say loyal to Leicester.

Id be looking at what the club has done for my boy and see what's best for his career wise.

Id be a shit dad if all I called about was money and not his own career. 

Congrats to your son by the way. Hope that all goes well for him. That's a great and exciting achievement for him

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id be looking at what the club has done for my boy and see what's best for his career wise.

Id be a shit dad if all I called about was money and not his own career. 

Congrats to your son by the way. Hope that all goes well for him. That's a great and exciting achievement for him

Thanks - he is very young so not getting too carried away.

Money didn't really factor in my question/thinking. For me it goes without saying you'd learn more at Barca than WBA so I think I'd just want the best for him irrespective of what the club had done for him to that point. Money wouldn't come into it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Thanks - he is very young so not getting too carried away.

Money didn't really factor in my question/thinking. For me it goes without saying you'd learn more at Barca than WBA so I think I'd just want the best for him irrespective of what the club had done for him to that point. Money wouldn't come into it.

How old your boy? Be a real proud moment for you if he makes it.

Yeah I guess the other side of the pendulum though is the quality is so high at somewhere like barce you could end like someone like odegaard who liked great before he moved Madrid and now he is getting loaned out to some poor clubs as it seems they don't rate him.

Â