January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

@MatKendrick: I didn't know much about David Platt. Or Dwight Yorke. Or Shaun Teale. Or Christian Benteke. #thatsallivegot #avfc

I love how you fail to miss the point time and time again. We're angry because it's strengthening a position we don't need strengthening with a player that isn't even going to be ours.

We needed a CB, so badly.

Not sure why some people are actually a fan of football.

They seem to not care about winning or losing and at the end of the day is that not the point of competitive sport?

Thankfully many fans do care about the state of their club.

This window was an absolute disgrace. Even more so when you consider how likely we are to go down and the fact Lerner sold the browns only a few months ago for $1 billion.

Heard rumours that we were in for 10 centre backs, all of them saw how we treat players before they've even kicked a ball and decided not to come.

Bloody ridiculous.

How many times does it have to be explained to you? Nobody is treating these players badly, rather they are questioning their pedigree at a time when we are in desperate need of quality that will make an instant impact in order to keep us up. The playing history of these guys suggests that they don't. By all means I hope they are undiscovered gems, but the odds of that are slim. I doubt you have seen them play either, so how can you defend them so vociferously?

• Like 1

2201:
 DONE DEAL - Simon Dawkins - Tottenham to Aston Villa
2200:
 THE TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES IN ONE HOUR

BBC say confirmed

Funny just now on radio 5

Pleat: Good player, impressed everyone at spurs, resigned him after injuries sent him off to USA where hes done really well, good player.
Savage: Will he keep Villa up?
Pleat: Errr not neccessarily

I love how you fail to miss the point time and time again. We're angry because it's strengthening a position we don't need strengthening with a player that isn't even going to be ours.

We needed a CB, so badly.

Seriously there's no point.

His posts are hypocritical and aimed at other posters instead of anything to do with villa.

I wouldn't bother.

Edited by Big_John_10

So we now have two new midfielders.. Did we need two? I always thought at the least we needed one and a defender. What concerns me is Lambert has put all his eggs in midfield being our weak point ushering no blame on defense. I'm guessing judging by the signings we'll be playing a diamond 4-4-2 with N'Zogbia spearheading the attack, Dawkins and Westwood holding the middle and Sylla playing just in front of defense. I hope this works I really hope this works.