January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

why if he comes and is ok is it a given he would re-sign for spurs again anyway? More worried that he'll head back to San Jose whatever where they love him and he has a nice lifestyle in positive thinking California. he's had loads of injuries so probably just another Delph. but on the off chance he's any good and starts getting a game for us why would he sack it off to go back to warm the bench at a club that obviously dont have room in the first team for him?

If that's all we're doing then so be it. like someone just said we weren't looking at ANY signings yesterday tea time and now look at us signing players from all over the place. If nothing else they've taught me a few new places I'll probably never go to.

Saw that Guardian thing too - BBC's been a sarcastic child born out of wedlock most of the day. Hopefully Lambert has seen it too and posts it to the dressing room walls as motivation for all the fighting and wheel turning we've got to look forward to till May.

Beeb - "England midfielder Jermaine Jenas joins QPR on an 18-month deal. Job done. What about the other top lads queuing up to sign for QPR?"

When was the last time Jenas played for England and considered a 'top-lad'?

I'm not going to judge these players til they play. I'm not annoyed with us making these signings. What I am annoyed with is not signing a fecking Center Back. 

This was pretty much what I was trying to say. What did I just say? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

One of my closest friends is a huge Spurs fan and has been recommending us to get some of their youngsters in on either on loan or permanently for a very long time now. When I asked him who Dawkins was he didn't have a clue and when I told him he played for Spurs, he thought about it and eventually remembered him.... thought they got rid of him a long time ago because he was crap. Shows how highly he must be rated down there if their fans don't remember him. 

Villacas I know anybody but this pillock we have now would set us up correct Lambert is incapable and he should resign at 23:01 his reputation will be tarnished after this villa job I can tell you there will be lots of us fans that will not accept this transfer window and lamber will get bombarded for the full 90 mins Lerner dont turn up and he defo wont now, Villa is rotten. Lambert signed Benteke best signing think villa have made in my time value for money b ut the rest too young im afraid

Villacas do you think lambert sets up up correctly does he pick the best team ?

I didn't think so on Tuesday no - Lowton and Bennett not good enough to play wingback in that formation, I'd have started Gabby and Weimann (although heard Weimann not ready for 90mins after illness) in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

I'm furious about the lack of funds in the window (unlike most I think the players Lambert bought in were amongst the best we could get for the wages we would pay - a lot on less than £10k a week - for that money you are not going to get the finished article just compromises and/or potential. It is always going to be a gamble - I think it is unfair to judge Bennett on £8k and week against someone like Warnock on £50k a week. Sylla will be another roll of the dice - I won't lay into Lambert if he doesn't come off

I can't be arsed with this anymore I'm off to bed

Expecting a surprise result Saturday for some reason

Wasn't expecting anyone so ill take these 2 for sure.

Perfect example of what lowered expectations does.

In three years we'll all be chanting Lerner's name for reaching the playoffs for the first time.

Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 1

I didn't think so on Tuesday no - Lowton and Bennett not good enough to play wingback in that formation, I'd have started Gabby and Weimann (although heard Weimann not ready for 90mins after illness) in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

I'm furious about the lack of funds in the window (unlike most I think the players Lambert bought in were amongst the best we could get for the wages we would pay - a lot on less than £10k a week - for that money you are not going to get the finished article just compromises and/or potential. It is always going to be a gamble - I think it is unfair to judge Bennett on £8k and week against someone like Warnock on £50k a week. Sylla will be another roll of the dice - I won't lay into Lambert if he doesn't come off

I can't be arsed with this anymore I'm off to bed

Expecting a surprise result Saturday for some reason

Ok i agree with you totally mate

• Like 1