ireland

KEA

Holman

Agathe

Vlaar

Petrov

Pires

Bradley

what other foreign players have we bought (in a what have the Romans ever done for us way)

Who knows but looking back under 4 managers since Randy took over we have brought foreign 5 times that I can recall

Carew

Guzan

Makoun

Benteke

Stevens

That's a remarkable low number ....

Don't forget El Ahmadi and Vlaar. Edited by Mantis

Lowton ain't no Cannavaro in the making.

Right back is clearly his best position give his skill set.

I think you know I was debating whether Lowton's lack of height would stop him being a premier league defender, not is he as good as Cannavaro. Didn't Lowton play as a centre half last season?

This reminds me of the quiz question I posted at Christmas, thinking there were only three players whose full names started and ended with the same letter in the whole of Villa's' history and it turned out there were about 147!! ^_^

• Like 1

do we have one of the biggest turnover of players in the league?? i am looking back now and i seem to remember that by the time MON had left the only survivor of his reign from the DOL days was Agbonlahor. Some players came and left whilst he was here. Since he's left nearly his entire squad that he left has now gone too. That's like 50 players in 7/8 years.

Talk about stability and building for the future

do we have one of the biggest turnover of players in the league?? i am looking back now and i seem to remember that by the time MON had left the only survivor of his reign from the DOL days was Agbonlahor. Some players came and left whilst he was here. Since he's left nearly his entire squad that he left has now gone too. That's like 50 players in 7/8 years.

Talk about stability and building for the future

I think it just goes hand in hand with changing managers. It also doesn't help that each of our successive managers has been completely different when it comes to playing style and type or preferred player. Look at Swansea were Laudrup has been able to come in and hit the ground running, likewise Rodgers before him.

Lambert steering us clear of the big R this season and then getting two or three seasons under his belt will be worth it's weight in gold.

• Like 1