January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

We need at least one signing before saturday's match.

The closest we're gonna get to that if we get another programme seller at villa park. News just in Villa sign larry to sell programmes outside north stand he'll be on a weekly wage of £50.

After watching that its clear that we need 2 CB's, 1 LB, 2 DCM , 1 CM, 2 Wide players as a minimum.

I would also suggest that if Lambert still has a job after the weekend and is doing the buying that he should not buy anymore crap from the lower leagues, should not buy anymore crap from Holland, should not buy anyone under the age of 27 and also to buy people who are taller than 5"7 as we have a team of midgets.

this is what i was about to put, so completely agree with it

although i was going to word it differently

we need another CB to partner vlaar, a new LB, and a CB who can also play RB to cover for vlaar and lowton, i know we have lichaj, but im sure why could find better?

definitely a DM as well

our defence is so weak, it could concede to a pub team

I will raise you and say Newcastle United!

Really? I would have thought and 8-0, followed by a 4-0 and 3-0 deafeats, then quickly followed by defeat at a league 2 team in a cup semi is pretty high up in the list of embarrasing runs a team can have.

What player would see those results and think, hey they are going to be a good club to join?

Players that need to leave in the summer, Given, dunne, bennet, stevens, lichaj, herd, delph, KEA, bannan, albrighton, nzogbia, ireland, agbonlahor, bent. Other than bent, none of the rest inspire me if they were sitting on the bench, not good enough for the first team, not many of them would find another prem club either, such is the sad state of our squad

supermon, it would be impossible to ship out all those players in one go and replace them all at the same time, you would be looking at one transfer a day between friendlies, training sessions, days off, holidays, etc, 5 at most leaving as a guestimate

most of those will just sit on contracts till expiry

Players that need to leave in the summer, Given, dunne, bennet, stevens, lichaj, herd, delph, KEA, bannan, albrighton, nzogbia, ireland, agbonlahor, bent. Other than bent, none of the rest inspire me if they were sitting on the bench, not good enough for the first team, not many of them would find another prem club either, such is the sad state of our squad

The only players in our squad worth keeping are Benteke and Weimann, the rest are simply not good enough or living off past glory.

I think we are absolutely desperate for a good, solid and strong CM who can demand the middle of the park! The defending of late has been shocking however, in fairness they have basically been subject to attack vs defence the last five games, because teams - including Lg 2 Bradford - walk through and pass easily through midfield!

Against Bradford, the defenders constantly launched the ball towards Benteke, which worked maybe 1 time out of ten (admittadly one of which created our goal) because they were clever enough to put 2 men on him - which took two mins to work out!!

We need a player that wants the ball in the centre of the park and can demand the play, lets start there and then see where we can build! How nice would it be if Petrov could make a miraculous return!

Any chance we could sell Bannan and Delph and bring in a DM and ACM to play alongside Westwood or Ireland. These 2 CM's are lightweight and are actually not very good at all. Clark needs to be sent out on loan to learn how to defend, as does Baker, and we need 2 CB's to come in to challenge Vlaar for a spot.

OUT - Bannan, Delph, Baker (Loan), Clark (Loan), Hutton, Bent

IN - CB, CB, DM, ACM, ST

5 players minimum in my view. Experience isn't important but Quality **** well is. Sick of hearing about how young the team is, I'm sorry but even when players like Bannan, Delph and Clark are 28 they will still be nowhere near good enough for the Premier League.

We need an experienced CB and LB urgently. Clark is not good enough to be starting every week and shouldnt be captain he is not a leader. Bennett has been appalling and needs to be taken out the firing line to regain his confidence and work on his positional play urgently. Olsson and Dawson would be my picks. Not perfect but both are experienced and would definately improve our defence. Lowton has impressed me and although can be inconsistent for me he is worthy of the RB position

Our midfield is far to small and weak. Bannan, Delph, Ireland are not xavi, iniesta etc who can get away with lack of height and power with immense movement and the ability to work the ball in any circumstances. We just get bypassed through the middle. Scott Parker or Diame would be an ideal partnership for Westwood for me but highly unlikely to happen unfortunately.

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Dawson Ollson

Parker - Westwood

Nzogbia Gabby

Benteke Bent

This team for me has alot of potential.

Any chance we could sell Bannan and Delph and bring in a DM and ACM to play alongside Westwood or Ireland. These 2 CM's are lightweight and are actually not very good at all. Clark needs to be sent out on loan to learn how to defend, as does Baker, and we need 2 CB's to come in to challenge Vlaar for a spot.

OUT - Bannan, Delph, Baker (Loan), Clark (Loan), Hutton, Bent

IN - CB, CB, DM, ACM, ST

5 players minimum in my view. Experience isn't important but Quality **** well is. Sick of hearing about how young the team is, I'm sorry but even when players like Bannan, Delph and Clark are 28 they will still be nowhere near good enough for the Premier League.

Bannan and Delph were awful - I'd be surprised if either is playing in the Prem this time next year.

Baker and Clark won't be sent out on loan - they are young CBs and have played very well at times this season. They would look totally different with a decent midfield in front of them or an experienced CB alongside

I think we will bring in 3, maybe 4, this window - CB, DM and Forward and possibly a more creative midfielder

Bannan and Delph were awful - I'd be surprised if either is playing in the Prem this time next year.

Baker and Clark won't be sent out on loan - they are young CBs and have played very well at times this season. They would look totally different with a decent midfield in front of them or an experienced CB alongside

I think we will bring in 3, maybe 4, this window - CB, DM and Forward and possibly a more creative midfielder

We need a creative midfielder. We struggled to break down Bradford at times last night. We have no player that can really carve a defence open and give us decent goalscoring opportunities.

supermon, it would be impossible to ship out all those players in one go and replace them all at the same time, you would be looking at one transfer a day between friendlies, training sessions, days off, holidays, etc, 5 at most leaving as a guestimate

most of those will just sit on contracts till expiry

I know but these players just have not performed good enough. At this moment in time i just dont see the point in having these players as squad players, awful first team contendenters and uninspiring backup, more so than last season I have a genuine fear of relegation

We need an experienced CB and LB urgently. Clark is not good enough to be starting every week and shouldnt be captain he is not a leader. Bennett has been appalling and needs to be taken out the firing line to regain his confidence and work on his positional play urgently. Olsson and Dawson would be my picks. Not perfect but both are experienced and would definately improve our defence. Lowton has impressed me and although can be inconsistent for me he is worthy of the RB position

Our midfield is far to small and weak. Bannan, Delph, Ireland are not xavi, iniesta etc who can get away with lack of height and power with immense movement and the ability to work the ball in any circumstances. We just get bypassed through the middle. Scott Parker or Diame would be an ideal partnership for Westwood for me but highly unlikely to happen unfortunately.

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Dawson Ollson

Parker - Westwood

Nzogbia Gabby

Benteke Bent

This team for me has alot of potential.

I like this but would prefer prefer two solid new wingers instead of Gabby and N Zog

we all know what is needed. Lets just hope something gets done about it.

We all knew we needed a DM in th summer and Lambert went into the season without one. Not sure if he realises it

We need a creative midfielder. We struggled to break down Bradford at times last night. We have no player that can really carve a defence open and give us decent goalscoring opportunities.

That would be last on my list. For e.g: bent had two golden oppurtunities last night and benteke had about 3 decent ones aswell as weimann getting a goal. Lets go one step at a time and defence first !

two out of these would shore up the defense...

Toby Alderweireld

Luis Cavanda

Abdoulaye Ba

Jonas Olsson

Michael Dawson

James Chester

Scott Dann

Brede Hangeland

John Heitinga

Robert Huth

ye, the last 2 are no chance!

Edited by AndyBM