January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Wasn't Gouffran the one who updated his Facebook page to say he was about to sign for us back in the summer ??

I was under the impression he is out of contract in the summer so £6m seems a bit steep

Wasn't Gouffran the one who updated his Facebook page to say he was about to sign for us back in the summer ??

I was under the impression he is out of contract in the summer so £6m seems a bit steep

Think that was Yannick Djalo, under McLeish last season, regarding the fbook status.

Fourth Official @FourthOfficial_

Southampton have also got a bid of £13million on the table for Coutinho, Villa interested but no official bid for them yet #SaintsFC #AVFC

FourthOfficial is normally pretty reliable. Been doing it on twitter for a few years and is normally pretty spot on, not like the countless knobheads you get elsewhere on twitter.

However I would be surprised if us or Southampton are spending £13m on any one player, especially somebody like Coutinho who, whilst quality, is hardly proven and hasnt been able to get a game recently. Maybe Euros? but even then its a lot of money. Very good player though...

Edited by HalfTimePost

Mitch Waddon.. a football writer.. has written on Twitter that we are definately interested in Cavanda on a permanent deal and ruled out our interest in Aubameyang.

Not sure who he writes for but probably BS anyway ;)

Mitch Waddon.. a football writer.. has written on Twitter that we are definately interested in Cavanda on a permanent deal and ruled out our interest in Aubameyang.

Not sure who he writes for but probably BS anyway ;)

willing to believe this guy, mainly because he's saying what i'm thinking :blush: , I would really like to see someone like Cavanda at the club, i think he would adjust well to the prem with his playing style and his abundance in pace. Also, he's a young Belgian who gets on well with Benteke so we already have bait at the club, and maybe that's how we've heard about him? Would be a good way of getting inside knowledge on him, having a friend of his at the club already

But i really feel that if we went for Aubameyang then a bigger club would come in and convince him to go somewhere else. Also, i don't like the links with players that we were interested in during the summer, obviously there is a chance of us going back for someone, but Lambert doesn't like being mucked about, so unless the deal wasn't completed because we ran out of time (Stephens) then i feel like it is more likely lazy journalism (Gouffran)

Mitch Waddon is a journalism student (like me!), so I doubt he writes for anyone worthy of note. I'm not saying he's wrong, but I doubt he knows much. The only thing I would say is that if he really is a journalism student, it's probably not wise to go around making up bullshit on your twitter account if he wants to be taken seriously as a professional. Of course he could just be using an alias.

To be fair other than that OGS which caught alot of people out he is generally spot on.As for Soton they have benefit of not having paid for prem league wages for past few years so with money to spend they can make big buys to help stay in league.Looking to pay big for a CB too.

With Courtino Inter selling could be dependent on if they can shift Sniejder whose wages are kiling them.If cant get him off books seems they have to sell elsewhere.

Soton apparantly also outbid liverpool for a CB Astori ...they gona throw cash at it to stay up it looks.

I don't blame them either. I'm surprised Reading aren't too. Specially considering how much the TV money goes up next year. It could be well worth taking the gamble to stay up.

The Ruski at Reading will panic last week of Jan I reckon

And do £30m on tat, QPR will spend big, saints £15m. Wigan won't spend anymore than £5m

Lerner I hope will do £20m