January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I am just home from that debacle. we need players urgently who are gonna have an immediate impact. I genuinely fear for our safety. We are nowhere near good enough

After watching that its clear that we need 2 CB's, 1 LB, 2 DCM , 1 CM, 2 Wide players as a minimum.

I would also suggest that if Lambert still has a job after the weekend and is doing the buying that he should not buy anymore crap from the lower leagues, should not buy anymore crap from Holland, should not buy anyone under the age of 27 and also to buy people who are taller than 5"7 as we have a team of midgets.

Hopefully he will quit or be sacked by Monday morning

• Like 1

After watching that its clear that we need 2 CB's, 1 LB, 2 DCM , 1 CM, 2 Wide players as a minimum.

I would also suggest that if Lambert still has a job after the weekend and is doing the buying that he should not buy anymore crap from the lower leagues, should not buy anymore crap from Holland, should not buy anyone under the age of 27 and also to buy people who are taller than 5"7 as we have a team of midgets.

Hopefully he will quit or be sacked by Monday morning

If we lose against Southampton hopefully the lambert out chants start.

Lamberts judgement on Joe Bennett alone stinks. I had never seen the kid play before, but he is worse than Warnock thats a fact. If thats what Lambert considers a prospect then I cant trust him with this club.

Yeah Westwood and Benteke have been decent, Vlaars a crock and Lowton is a prospect of sorts but should no way be playing week in week out in our first team. KEA would be ok with a partner that would compliment his game.

After the xmas maulings why the hell havent we identified exactly what we needed and had them lined up early enough to be playing in these crucial games we've known we've had coming up for ages. Losing all faith in the running of this operation. Been humiliated too many times this season now. No light at the end of the tunnel it seems!

I really think we need a Vinnie Jones type player right now to get under other teams skin's, be a leader and do the donkey work that the likes of Bannan and Delph can't do.

Sadly, the only person I can think of right now is Joey Barton, not everyone's cup of tea but I feel he could do a job for us right now.

Lamberts judgement on Joe Bennett alone stinks. I had never seen the kid play before, but he is worse than Warnock thats a fact. If thats what Lambert considers a prospect then I cant trust him with this club.

Yeah Westwood and Benteke have been decent, Vlaars a crock and Lowton is a prospect of sorts but should no way be playing week in week out in our first team. KEA would be ok with a partner that would compliment his game.

After the xmas maulings why the hell havent we identified exactly what we needed and had them lined up early enough to be playing in these crucial games we've known we've had coming up for ages. Losing all faith in the running of this operation. Been humiliated too many times this season now. No light at the end of the tunnel it seems!

This is my biggest concern. I genuinely expected at least two midfield signings by now. Our need is urgent, we dont have the luxury of losing more points with the current squad.

It's probable that they thought the two cup matches would be very winnable, and felt no urgency to bring in signings right away. At this rate we won't have anyone for this Saturday...next thing you know, January is half over.

Time to sign some 29-32 year old who can talk to the lads like Petrov did. I'm not even going to start commenting on yesterday's match as we all know what happened. If Randy is holding the money back now Paul should walk. There's alot of players that can do the Essien role, and we need one of them. Bannan is a waste of space and Delph is even worse. At least with Westwood we have some forward passes and assists.

We need to sign someone before the weekend, and I think PL is aware of this. I'm just a bit puzzled what RL and PL gained from waiting until after this game.

Quick question - can we field players we sign between now and the 2nd leg against Bradford in two weeks time??

For some reason, I have a feeling that only players registered in time for the first leg would be eligable - hopefully I'm wrong as otherwise we'd be relying on the same players to get us through to Wembley!!!!

Getting whoever in as early as possible was vital, why procrastinate this nightmare situation any longer. New players need time to get used to the group and mingle in in training, etc. Such a shambles the whole club

Because our club is very much a joke

You would think considering our predicament deals would be in place and players signed within the first couple of days of the window opening other clubs do it but as usual Faulkner is probably sat there with his thumb up his arse if we get nobody in by the time we play Southampton were down