January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I like this but would prefer prefer two solid new wingers instead of Gabby and N Zog

Yep agreed, Think its unlikely to be able to get those in January aswell though. The team above i think would have enough to pull us away from the bottom three so we can build again in the summer and get rid of all players who failed to make the grade.

Its down to Lambert now. If he fails to bring in atleast a CB, LB and a CM then he is dicing with our premiership status.

Take Sam Allardyce approach, his team is full of beasts!! defenders, midfielders and strikers are all tall, im not saying we should follow that per se, but even when West Ham play shit, they can hoof the ball up with a bit of conviction knowing some of their players will latch on to it, secondly they have more of a physical presence and are not lightweight, they can at the very least stand their ground when they do not ahve the ball, i would take a few of their players if we had the chance

i never thought the day would come when i said it, but isn't warnock still on our books? perhaps the dross we're playing at left back is making me look back with rose tinted glasses, but i just think that he's there and he would at least play with a bit of authority, something that we're so desperately needing all over the park...

Yeah I'd take Warnock back. Or a new LB. Bennet is just woeful.

If new players are brought in from Europe can they play in the 2nd leg?

Just been reading the carling cup rules and the only one I can find regarding player eligibilty is this:

6.1 A Player shall be considered bona fide if he is registered by his Club with The Football League, in accordance with the provisions of Football League Regulations or with the Premier League in accordance with The Premier League Rules save that Players registered on a temporary basis will not be eligible to play unless the loaning Club gives its written consent. No player shall play for more than one Club in the Cup Competition in any one Season.

Therefore, I cant see any reason why a player signed from anywhere cant play in the second leg unless hes cup-tied.

We all know that the squad is poor, and I am sure that the club do too.

We had the classic problem of too many managers over too short a period, who put in place quick fixes, which usually didn't suit the next guy in. For me, talk of Lamber out is madness - who would we get who is better? And he was the majority choice in the summer wasn't he?

Lerner has spent loads, and although we can say that too much dross has been brought on wages that are too high, is that really his fault? If he said no to his manager, we would all be up in arms - and to knowledge, he has never said no.

For me, the only real mistakes were appointing McLeish and giving O'Neill too much power, which landed us with a big squad full of overpaid medicority. However, in the case of the latter, we did quite well with the mediocrity!

We had/have loads of players on the books who are overpaid and not contributing. And we are struggling to move any on - even on loan. Until this is properly sorted, we are going to be stuck in the shit, otherwise we risk doing a Leeds or Portsmouth.

As angry as I am about the last few weeks, and especially last night, I understand why we are where we are, and genuinely expect one or two bigger signings this month, plus another couple of cheaper deals which will add to the ranks. I also think that the changes will continue for the next couple of seasons before we are back - to being a mid-table Premier League team.

I think on Saturday, we have to continue to support the team, as kicking them won't help.

UTV.

How unrealistic would a £3m bid for Frank Lampard be?

Chelsea have publicly said they won't be offering him a new deal so he would be off in the summer anyway. At his age not many real big clubs would be after him so I dont think its entirely unrealistic that he wouln't come here.

I think we should put a serious loan offer to Beckham and Robbie Keane to help dig us out of the shit. Can you imagine what that would do for the youngsters!? Doesnt matter how much they want in wages compared to the cost of relegation.

Neither would probably be interested but can it hurt to ask? Just daydreaming really because I'm getting bored and fed up with how quiet the transfer market is at the mo.

Just been reading the carling cup rules and the only one I can find regarding player eligibilty is this:

6.1 A Player shall be considered bona fide if he is registered by his Club with The Football League, in accordance with the provisions of Football League Regulations or with the Premier League in accordance with The Premier League Rules save that Players registered on a temporary basis will not be eligible to play unless the loaning Club gives its written consent. No player shall play for more than one Club in the Cup Competition in any one Season.

Therefore, I cant see any reason why a player signed from anywhere cant play in the second leg unless hes cup-tied.

Good work!

Let's hope we get a few players in before the second leg then.

How unrealistic would a £3m bid for Frank Lampard be?

Chelsea have publicly said they won't be offering him a new deal so he would be off in the summer anyway. At his age not many real big clubs would be after him so I dont think its entirely unrealistic that he wouln't come here.

I'd have no doubt we'd be able to afford the transfer fee, but there is no chance in hell Randy would go anywhere near the wages he'd want. He could still get astronimcal wages at a lot of clubs around the world.

On transfers, we need to get some deals done asap. There needs to be a bit of urgency. There is hardly anything in the press about Villa transfers, just the odd rumour or two on Twitter.

As much as we need defensive signings IN ASAP & the club are looking to bring in CB & CM ASAP

We seriously need to get rid of Stephen Ireland & Darren Bent

THIS club hasn't been same since Ireland walked through door & now he's joined by Darren Bent.

They are the poison in the dressing room that MM talked about Im convinced - 1 manager had a heart attack & the other got the sack

It's honestly worth giving them their pay offs - because as soon as they leave - things will get an uplift!

EgoBent is the first Villa Player I have EVER know go to use the media to try & manipulate a move

Two bad articles about how badly run our club is & he's got them ALL beleiving we're going down & we're broke

The press are totally and utterly manipulated, you can't even reason with Matt Law. That article made no sense - Relegation clauses?

TRUST me I've seen it ALL before - you only need 1 person like this & they can cause mayhem we have 2.

NEVER has a player stooped to these lows to get what he wants blabbing off to the press about how bad it's all run.

He's evil & if I didn't know better I'd say he deliberately missed that goal last night to get what he wants.

Ireland's last start was so bad he was booed off.

These two get paid £3M a year!! Yet how much effort do they put in compared to those Bradford lads?

Honeslty it would be worth paying them off just to get rid!

Until they're gone I don't care who we sign we'll be on the way down if they're anywhere near our club.

Edited by JulieB

As much as we need defensive signings IN ASAP & the club are looking to bring in CB & CM ASAP

We seriously need to get rid of Stephen Ireland & Darren Bent

THIS club hasn't been same since Ireland walked through door & now he's joined by Darren Bent.

They are the poison in the dressing room that MM talked about Im convinced - 1 manager had a heart attack & the other got the sack

It's honestly worth giving them their pay offs - because as soon as they leave - things will get an uplift!

EgoBent is the first Villa Player I have EVER know go to use the media to try & manipulate a move

Two bad articles about how badly run our club is & he's got them ALL beleiving we're going down & we're broke

The press are totally and utterly manipulated, you can't even reason with Matt Law. That article made no sense - Relegation clauses?

TRUST me I've seen it ALL before - you only need 1 person like this & they can cause mayhem we have 2.

NEVER has a player stooped to these lows to get what he wants blabbing off to the press about how bad it's all run.

He's evil & if I didn't know better I'd say he deliberately missed that goal last night to get what he wants.

Ireland's last start was so bad he was booed off.

These two get paid £3M a year!! Yet how much effort do they put in compared to those Bradford lads?

Honeslty it would be worth paying them off just to get rid!

Until they're gone I don't care who we sign we'll be on the way down if they're anywhere near our club.

How do you know its Bent?