Ashley Young

maqroll

On 18/06/2021 at 14:17, TRO said:

I am happy with Ash, not Fernandinho....I see a difference, even if you don't....Mr Purslows policy is still intact.

what connection has Fernandinho with us?

the odd one ,yes......not a line of thinking, no.....don't be so quick to claim the high ground...each signing has its own identity, you are trying to mix specifics with generalisations and seek out examples to claim that.....relax its only opinions.

Nah, just calling it like I see it. You often come across as condescending when you disagree with people, yet the reasons you give arent ones you'll stand by. 

Either way,ets leave it there and agree to disagree.

Welcome back Ash - would love to see a dive against Man U.

9 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think you are  underestimating him a touch. He has played well  30 games in the  each of the last 4 seasons for Man U and Inter. Obviously still fit and raring to go.

I don't think he is here just to warm the bench. I think he will play quite a big part in several positions this season. I think he could be involved in 25-30 games for us starting or off the bench.

Giggs played into his forties and adapted his game from a blistering winger to a central midfielder.

Ok Young has never been at that level but he has shown intelligence and adaptability throughout his career.

His experience could  well be important for us next season. I am warming to this signing.

He is 36 years old buddy. Get a reality check, he is getting Elmos role. 

Serie A is a much less demanding league. A lot less intensive and it's slower paced. 

Cash and Targett will start every week when fit. 

Grealish and Buendia will start every week on opposite wings when fit. 

I'm sure what'll actually happen is he'll get a chance to show what he can do in cup games and coming on as a sub, and if he does particularly well he might displace Cash or Targett. He won't start the season ahead of them but he'll have the chance to get ahead of them if his performances justify it. He'll get the role his performances warrant.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Nah, just calling it like I see it. You often come across as condescending when you disagree with people, yet the reasons you give arent ones you'll stand by. 

Either way,ets leave it there and agree to disagree.

Welcome back Ash - would love to see a dive against Man U.

Now we are getting more to the point,of your hidden agenda.

Condescending has never been my intention, but maybe its more like ,your interpretation.....is there a mirror handy, have a good look in it.

when, I disagree with folk, I give a reason that can be challenged, hardly condescending....I just find it easy to disagree with you, but now I know why.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Playing full back / wing back for Man Utd and Inter Milan is a very different proposition to doing so for Villa, IMO.

I think some folks’ expectations of this signing are a little out of kilter with reality.

Not sure I agree with that viewpoint, still be coming up against quality opposition regardless.

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Not sure I agree with that viewpoint, still be coming up against quality opposition regardless.

How many games has he played in where he’s been under pressure and penned in for periods of the match? Not too often I’d think whereas here it’ll happen far more frequently.

The pace of the PL is also miles ahead of Serie A, obviously he knows that far better than you or I do but at 36 I just don’t see him having a big impact, he’s been signed to provide cover and in the case of the wing positions, emergency cover, in my opinion.

On 23/06/2021 at 20:50, Keener window-cleaner said:

Gabby!? He is only 34, still young! What a reunion that would be 😄 

Gabby looks 40 though, Young would still Pass as early 30’s late 20’s even

On 23/06/2021 at 19:40, The Fun Factory said:

All I am saying is write this man off at your peril. After a couple of years at United he was seemingly written off, and yet stayed 9 seasons under 5 different managers playing in about 3 different positions. He didn't play for England for four years and then gets recalled in time for the best run for nearly 30 years.He then leaves United for a 18 month continental detour to pick up the Scudetto in his dotage under the demanding management of Conte.

I don't expect him to be a automatic starter but I think he will push for first team which is a surely a  good thing and only adds to the competition for places.

he will offer us options for sure, either as a starter if he proves himself, or as a really good option off the bench (which we lacked last year).

Either way, its a great signing.

Â