Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wonder how much you spend next year. Obvious first step is to keep Phillips and Raphinha for one more season but you had a warning this year that a squad of below 20 senior players isn't a great idea when a few injuries happen.

Dallas out for start of next season, James banned and heard pre match Luke Ayling had hernia operation so will probably miss most of pre season.

Think you'll be battling relegation again tbh so I think that's generally when premier league sheen starts to wear off as it's starting to do for us.

We'll lose Raph regardless of this seasons performances I think. Miles too good for a team that isn't in the champions league nevermind fighting relegation.

Think Phillips stays and extends but realistically we need four first team replacements and then another 2 or 3 back ups. Possible if we get the big money for Raphinha but then you're needing all signings to be a success and start well, near impossible.

Our best hope is probably sitting around 11th next season 

Edited by Rino8

To be fair, Leeds do offer a lot more to the Premier league than the cloggers of Burnley. 

I'm glad Burnley have gone but can't deny it would have been amusing to see Leeds go down. 

Oh well... next year maybe! 

• Like 2

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I actually think he's done a decent job. He hasn't had an out-and-out striker apart from youth team guys, and has managed to somewhat tighten a dismal defence.

The question, as above, is whether they spend some real money this summer. They cannot go into a season with 18-20 senior pros and no backup in several key positions, it isn't going to work. They've got a lot to do.

From the small amount I’ve seen, I quite like Marsch. 

But that’s largely due to the stupid Ted Lasso comments he has to deal with.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

From the small amount I’ve seen, I quite like Marsch. 

But that’s largely due to the stupid Ted Lasso comments he has to deal with.

One thing about this country is the latent, not-very-buried anti-Americanism that can easily rise to the surface sometimes. He's a real manager, hasn't got the world's best track record but he knows what he's doing. That said, he needs both a lot of help from the board this summer and to continue his own steep learning curve or he won't be seeing out next season.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

We'll lose Raph regardless of this seasons performances I think. Miles too good for a team that isn't in the champions league nevermind fighting relegation.

Think Phillips stays and extends but realistically we need four first team replacements and then another 2 or 3 back ups. Possible if we get the big money for Raphinha but then you're needing all signings to be a success and start well, near impossible.

Get the feeling the crowd might turn against Marsch if he dosen't get off to a strong start next season so that's another factor to consider.

15 points from 12 games is a pretty good record though considering you were shipping 4s and 6s in the immediate games before he came in. Think you'd have managed 10 points at best if Bielsa had stayed the full season so would have been down before last game.

Edited by VillaChris

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

One thing about this country is the latent, not-very-buried anti-Americanism that can easily rise to the surface sometimes. He's a real manager, hasn't got the world's best track record but he knows what he's doing. That said, he needs both a lot of help from the board this summer and to continue his own steep learning curve or he won't be seeing out next season.

I'm actually quite happy for him, could see what it meant to him with the celebrations at the end and I bet most of the press would've been lazy and done endless articles about how Leeds would've easily stayed up if they kept Biesla when there was huge gulf between the respective points per game runs if you take Bielsa's final 12 games.

Bit similar to how someone will probably just stay Burnley made big error sacking Dyche when Jackson's PPG was miles better, just lazy journalism.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rino8 said:

what are your thoughts on this? I know it's been rumored to be happening (since January) and now with Marsch as an American. Where do you think he will fit in? One of the Raph replacements?

Didn't realise until watching MOTD just now Brentford actually finished game with 9 men as Ajer went off injured just before red card and they had made their 3 subs.

Ironic given the Leeds reds recently that Brentford imploded a bit for them.

7 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Glad Burnley went down they are a bunch of cloggers will be interesting to see how Jessie does next year.

I can see Leeds going down next season or being in a similar battle. I dont think they have the money some fans think they do and Raphinha will leave 

Soooooo disappointed that Leeds survived, although that has been tempered somewhat by cloggers Burnley no longer stinking out the league. 

Its also good to see that our resident Leeds fans are alive and well, and having just managed to avoid relegation by the skin of their teeth feel brave enough to venture out onto the Internet. Bless. 

Still, there is always next year!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I noticed last night on MOTD that the overwhelming majority of their supporters at Brentford were 50-something, red faced, fat-bellied blokes.  Watch the celebrations when whoever-his-name scored and goes to them.. It's WEIRD.  Some of them even attempted to climb up onto a plinth and one was visibly rattled with worry he'd be pushed over :lol:

Â