Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Actually have to admit I don't mind the look of Leeds, from what I've seen. Before I got this job, I went to a job interview in Leeds, at a really well-run school with seemingly smart managers, and it was a beautiful sunny day. They offered it to me and I would have accepted if I hadn't got this one instead, so I might have been living there now.

However, that experience did remind me of the two things I do genuinely dislike about the city, which is a] their annoying fans (met some of them in a pub), and b] the extremely confusing system of ring roads and one-way streets

Reveal hidden contents

2019-08-16_ent_52595920_I1.JPG

As a Leeds resident, I agree fully with all the above points. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Actually have to admit I don't mind the look of Leeds, from what I've seen. Before I got this job, I went to a job interview in Leeds, at a really well-run school with seemingly smart managers, and it was a beautiful sunny day. They offered it to me and I would have accepted if I hadn't got this one instead, so I might have been living there now.

However, that experience did remind me of the two things I do genuinely dislike about the city, which is a] their annoying fans (met some of them in a pub), and b] the extremely confusing system of ring roads and one-way streets

Reveal hidden contents

Lived in and around Leeds for nearly 20 years and it is a lovely area. It's just filled with idiots and transportation is a joke. I'm in no rush to back anytime soon though so that says a lot. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

It shows my indifference to football when I don't know who they are!

I'm assuming Marsch is one? 

I only recognise Fred! :D 

Same boat, thought was Michael Oliver 

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Could keep them up that late goal. Gutted. 

I'd fancy Burnley to get something at home to Newcastle if they stick 5 at the back like today so Leeds will need something at Brentford.

Everton safe if they beat Brentford at home which is incredible considering they were 5 points off 17th just two weeks ago.

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Chants of "sack the board" near the end.

I thought they were all in love with Radazanni?

The Bucket Cult in the fanbase lives on

Edited by Zatman

On 12/05/2022 at 11:22, fightoffyour said:

Also @BigRed visited on April 29th and @Rino8 was here on Saturday evening. The silence is deafening.

I stopped posting on Leeds related things well over a year ago, probably March last season. That we've been absolute shite this season doesn't change whether I'd have posted or not

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I stopped posting on Leeds related things well over a year ago, probably March last season. That we've been absolute shite this season doesn't change whether I'd have posted or not

I do actually think you're a decent fan. Enjoyed reading your posts in the past before our games as to who's out of form/injured etc so different to that weird guy on a few years back who had a hard on for us going bust around 2018.

As said above interested on your take on the vocal "sack the board" chants. It can't just be sacking Bielsa surely? Perhaps you lost a bit of soul doing better but you'd likely already be down if you keep him, Marsch is still roughly averaging a point a game I think.

• Like 3

On 14/05/2022 at 18:54, HanoiVillan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry to jump on the Leeds love in but I lived in Leeds for nearly 20 years, and it's a great city. I've just relocated to Derbyshire and am pleased to see villa shirts in shops etc. Half way between Leeds and Brum so that will do for me.

Oh, forgot to mention, I hope they go down.

Edited by chrisvilla4
Praying for Leeds to drop

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I do actually think you're a decent fan. Enjoyed reading your posts in the past before our games as to who's out of form/injured etc so different to that weird guy on a few years back who had a hard on for us going bust around 2018.

As said above interested on your take on the vocal "sack the board" chants. It can't just be sacking Bielsa surely? Perhaps you lost a bit of soul doing better but you'd likely already be down if you keep him, Marsch is still roughly averaging a point a game I think.

Bit reactionary but I get it too.

We knew our problems going into this season and pretty much ignored them, soon as we lost Phillips and Bamford we fell apart. It also feels like they had plans to get Marsch in regardless and while we've had some half decent results with him our performances have been largely shite. 

Sacking Bielsa is a hard one, half the team looked exhausted after 3 years and the amount of soft tissue injuries we've had is staggering.

I fully believe Cooper and Phillips' injuries were brought on by Bielsa and his insistence on outrunning the world, and he routinely overlooked young players for the likes of Tyler Roberts who might be the worst player in the league.

Think our fanbase would have taken a relegation with Marcelo over sacking him mid season, not sure where I sit.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Would anyone take a draw on Thursday to put these lot in the shit again?

I would take a loss if it meant Leeds going down!

42 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Would anyone take a draw on Thursday to put these lot in the shit again?

now that we can't finish top half i don't really care so yeah why not

Â