Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I noticed last night on MOTD that the overwhelming majority of their supporters at Brentford were 50-something, red faced, fat-bellied blokes.  Watch the celebrations when whoever-his-name scored and goes to them.. It's WEIRD.  Some of them even attempted to climb up onto a plinth and one was visibly rattled with worry he'd be pushed over :lol:

Sums up a lot of football fans these days.

The gammonista are revolting; literally. 

Looks like they'll be going through what we did last summer, Man. City leaking to the press today that Kalvin Phillips is very much on their radar although I presume his release clause only becomes active if Leeds go down.

I've only seen Aaronson a few times for US national team but looks a good player, reminded me a litte of Conor Gallagher. United States got a number of good players at the moment.

Is he a front 3 player?

That's one area where they're not short with Raphinha, James, Jack Harrison and Rodrigo all as options to play around Bamford.

Get the feeling he's Raphinha's replacement so big shoes to fill that.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is he a front 3 player?

That's one area where they're not short with Raphinha, James, Jack Harrison and Rodrigo all as options to play around Bamford.

Get the feeling he's Raphinha's replacement so big shoes to fill that.

Raphinha won't be there and James is dogshit

Telegraph also reporting that Newcastle want Harrison, seems a strange one to me as from what I can gather he hasn't been great this season, they're probably going to have enough upheaval as it is with their squad and the improvement it needs, but at the right price they might just be tempted to sell him.

Aaronson when I watched him was more of a No.10 / attacking midfielder type, probably could play as a wide forward as well, as I say reminds me a little of Conor Gallager, a good footballer but his workrate is very noticable as well, albeit I'm basing it on not having seen much of him, I think he will be a good signing for them.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

They seem to be spending a chunk of money. No idea if the players signed are any good and I'm assuming they're spending the money they'll get from selling Phillips later in the summer. 

They need to 

They belittle our spending when in reality the vast majority of promoted teams should "do a Villa" because they need to, once that buzz and momentum has gone from the 1st season it's usually downhill... And that's if you survive the first season 

They need £100m spent on this team to aim for a 14th-12th boring perfectly safe season 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Leeds need to spend big. If phillips goes i think they could be in real trouble.

If burnley were not so shite i think they would have gone down

spacer.png

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think you're right that if the team in 18th had been good enough to stay up, the team in 17th would have been in trouble.

Maybe if they had followed the Gabby approach of scoring more and conceding less they would be fine

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I think you're right that if the team in 18th had been good enough to stay up, the team in 17th would have been in trouble.

That's what my Captain Obvious Gif was meant to say.

Perhaps I should have just typed it out like you did...

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

That's what my Captain Obvious Gif was meant to say.

Perhaps I should have just typed it out like you did...

I thought that was you tipping your hat to the idea of them being in trouble next season :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The point i was making genius was that leeds didnt do anything special to stay up like the year we did where we went on a incredible run to stay up. They only stayed up because burnley were absolutely hopeless. Most years they would have gone down.

They need to strengthen a lot more, their central midfield options as it stand are Phillips, Roca, Klich, and Foreshaw.

Klich and Foreshaw probably wouldn't get into any other Premier League side, maybe Forest as it stands but they will be wanting to sign better, and Phillips looks like he's leaving, whether he is or not they still need another two or three midfielders.

They definitley need a striker, and given the amount of goals they conceded last season some might argue they need to strengthen at the back.

They're apparently being linked to Adama.

Â