Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Be a bit of a coup for them to be honest.

Obviously it's a huge step up from Leeds, but I'd have thought he'd go to a bigger club than Arsenal

His agent is Deco and is desperate to get him to Barcelona but they dont want to pay what Leeds want 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Be a bit of a coup for them to be honest.

Obviously it's a huge step up from Leeds, but I'd have thought he'd go to a bigger club than Arsenal

I don't rate him... 

To be fair it's partly because I think he's a bit lazy and goes missing but that could be a Leeds thing, put him at a bigger club in more spotlight and he could put more of a shift in

But I've seen games where he's gone from being the best player on the pitch to being subbed 15 mins later and I'd forgot he was playing 

1 hour ago, Rino8 said:

If by some miracle we keep our current players we've done great business so far. Replaced the comedy defending of Ayling, got a proper CM to help out Phillips and a genuinely coveted by the world young AM.

If we lose them its very different. Not sure replacing Raphinha would be the problem as we've so many other areas that are problems the money would be decent and I think switching Harrison to the right wouldn't be the worst idea anyway.

Be curious how replacing CM goes as top ones are obviously very hard to come by

I think you guys would be wise to cash in on Phillips now. He seems to be picking up injuries more often and they're affecting him for longer. For Phillips, a move to Man City would be ideal, the chance to win stuff and probably only expected to play every third game, thus giving him a greater chance of staying fit.

Obviously you'd then have to find the right midfielder to replace him but at least you would have a stack of cash to do it.

4 hours ago, Rino8 said:

If by some miracle we keep our current players we've done great business so far. Replaced the comedy defending of Ayling, got a proper CM to help out Phillips and a genuinely coveted by the world young AM.

If we lose them its very different. Not sure replacing Raphinha would be the problem as we've so many other areas that are problems the money would be decent and I think switching Harrison to the right wouldn't be the worst idea anyway.

Be curious how replacing CM goes as top ones are obviously very hard to come by

I'd say getting in a new CF should be your biggest concern, even more so with Raphinha going as he hit 11 prem goals last season so was probably in top 15 scorers of the whole league.

Is the plan just to cross fingers and hope  Bamford stays fit all season as that's a massive gamble.

Haven't seen you guys linked with any CFs so far. Rodrigo turned out mediocre, Greenwood still very young, Tyler Roberts massively out of his depth at this level, Dan James very random in his performances so it's not a great alternative bunch of options unless Gelhardt hits a few early on as he does have promise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, picicata said:

I think you guys would be wise to cash in on Phillips now. He seems to be picking up injuries more often and they're affecting him for longer. For Phillips, a move to Man City would be ideal, the chance to win stuff and probably only expected to play every third game, thus giving him a greater chance of staying fit.

Obviously you'd then have to find the right midfielder to replace him but at least you would have a stack of cash to do it.

Feels a bit like us staying this about Delph and Benteke in summer 2015 though. Leeds results last season with Phillips in and out of the team were night/day so clearly he has influence on those round him and clearly a passionate voice in the dressing room so those are things you lose if he's replaced by someone from abroad who'll need time to get up to speed and possibly learn the language.

If the Man. City interest is genuine (and they seem to be drip feeding media like they did with Grealish to confirm their interest) realistically they have little chance of keeping him.

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'd say getting in a new CF should be your biggest concern, even more so with Raphinha going as he hit 11 prem goals last season so was probably in top 15 scorers of the whole league.

Is the plan just to cross fingers and hope  Bamford stays fit all season as that's a massive gamble.

Haven't seen you guys linked with any CFs so far. Rodrigo turned out mediocre, Greenwood still very young, Tyler Roberts massively out of his depth at this level, Dan James very random in his performances so it's not a great alternative bunch of options unless Gelhardt hits a few early on as he does have promise. 

Gelhardt has looked great when given a chance in fairness, he's a bit on the short side but he's stocky and aggressive. Got a bit of Rooney/Tevez about him but it would be a huge gamble to let him play second choice to a pretty injury prone Bamford.

We've been linked to Kalinuendo from Lens/PSG but I admittedly know **** all about him

Noah Lang too but he comes with a bit of an ego and attitude that I don't think would fit into our team at all

22 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Gelhardt has looked great when given a chance in fairness, he's a bit on the short side but he's stocky and aggressive. Got a bit of Rooney/Tevez about him but it would be a huge gamble to let him play second choice to a pretty injury prone Bamford.

We've been linked to Kalinuendo from Lens/PSG but I admittedly know **** all about him

Noah Lang too but he comes with a bit of an ego and attitude that I don't think would fit into our team at all

He's not a real CF, more a winger. He can play there though, but is not a natural finisher

On 22/06/2022 at 17:55, Rino8 said:

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not even half a Grealish 😜

If Rafinha goes now as well (as appears likely) I think they’re in big trouble this season.

If he was likely to leave before then the sale of Phillips is almost certainly going to help Raphinha out of the door.   With good recruitment these players can be replaced, but this might just be like the time we sold Benteke and Delph in the same window. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Let’s see how fit Phillips can stay otherwise it’s bench time with Jackie G 

I think Biesla's regime caused some injury problems for a few, he should get rehabilitated ar City.

Don't blame Leeds for cashing in now, after narrowly avoiding relegation and given Phillips's age and injury record, I don't think any other club was realistically going to invest £40m+ on him. You'd risk an even smaller fee in 6-12 months. Big loss.

Leeds reminding me very much of us under Lambert right now. Will be interesting to see if all this money is used on replacements. It's a risking strategy so far buying so many untested players in English football. Aaronson particularly is very lightweight. 

8 hours ago, penguin said:

Back-up for Rodri? I suppose now the 5 subs is confirmed these kind of clubs can further stockpile players

I think Danny Murphy said he will eventually over take Rodri but he is a year older

• Haha 1

So if Raphinha goes too for the mooted 60 odd million, then they’ve essentially recouped £100m like we did for Jack, which is a lot of money for a club like Leeds. All depends how they reinvest it, I dont think they’ll be in any trouble next season, there’ll be 3 worse teams than them again I reckon.

There’s just such an inevitability about a transfer when City want your players, its like Man Utd back in the day. I dont like it, sick of that part of the country forever getting what they want tbh. Watching a small club like that win the title every season just shows how they’ve destroyed football. Proper clubs like Liverpool have to lose star players now because they refuse to break their wage structure, the likes of Mane and Salah look at City paying the likes of Grealish £300k p/w and want the same or they’re off. Just feels so wrong that other clubs have to compete with an oil nation with unlimited funds.

• Sad 1

Â