Media and punditry

BOF

Listening to five live at the match today. Alan Green. I mean really? Every time he commentates on Villa he moans that we don't sell out. Apparently 27,000 versus a shit side on a Sunday tv game is 'rank'. He was amazed that Villa had the temerity to sell United tickets for £27, and in 30 years of watching games at Villa he has rarely seen more empty seats. Really? The attendance figures pre Premier League suggests not, 27,000 would have been a good gate in 1984. He then had to mention that Ryan Giggs goal in the FA Cup Semi, as that is more important than any Villa home game that the stadium has hosted. Sigh.

Plus side, great to see Der Hammer on MOTD2.

To defend Alan Green a little, apart from Manchester United fans, followers from every other club in the league think he's a prize winning helmet.

Eh? Man. United fans hate him as he's a Liverpool fan on the quiet. 

Listening to five live at the match today. Alan Green. I mean really? Every time he commentates on Villa he moans that we don't sell out. Apparently 27,000 versus a shit side on a Sunday tv game is 'rank'. He was amazed that Villa had the temerity to sell United tickets for £27, and in 30 years of watching games at Villa he has rarely seen more empty seats. Really? The attendance figures pre Premier League suggests not, 27,000 would have been a good gate in 1984. He then had to mention that Ryan Giggs goal in the FA Cup Semi, as that is more important than any Villa home game that the stadium has hosted. Sigh.

Plus side, great to see Der Hammer on MOTD2.

If we had 42k Alan Green would be whinging about people getting up every 5 seconds and blocking his view.

• Like 1

To defend Alan Green a little, apart from Manchester United fans, followers from every other club in the league think he's a prize winning helmet.

Eh? Man. United fans hate him as he's a Liverpool fan on the quiet. 

That's not really the impression I've had of him over the years. I have seen many Liverpool fans going mad at him for being too critical, so I think it's fair to say he's a bellend to everyone and doesn't really like football or many things in life

My criticism of last nights commentary was the bad journalism by the media who assumed Basel were from a footballing backwater who had no football pedigree, Have only got results vs Chelsea, Bayern, United and Spurs in recent seasons

Townsend was a disgrace last night. The best part was when he shouted YESSS when the ball got deflected and the Basel keeper stopped it on his line. 

I hate Townsend with a passion, I bet he was crying after the final whistle went. 

• Like 1

Gary neville tonight on the champions league pre show has just absolutely destroyed souness and carragher regarding Liverpool and why they were destined to fail this year.

Edited by Jimzk5

Gary neville tonight on the champions league pre show has just absolutely destroyed souness and carragher regarding Liverpool and why they were destined to fail this year.

Would like to see this if anyone has a link

I know highlighting Robbie Savage's shortcomings as a pundit is much akin to shooting fish in a barrel, but in a recent article "marking" Liverpool's recent signings (which makes for hilarious reading in an of itself) he suggests some players that liverpool could target to improve their squad.

On Ron Vlaar he says:

At centre-half, I would go for Aston Villa's Ron Vlaar. He does not have great pace but he has got the authority they have been looking for at the back and have not got from Sakho or Lovren.

I mean really?  It beggars belief that this guy actually earns a living from his footballing "knowledge"...

I'm watching the Liverpool Vs Arsenal game and I still cannot believe that Borini didn't get a straight red for that challenge. Then I read this from the ever fair viewed Mark Lawrenson at Anfield and it nearly sent me into a rage...

"Fabio Borini has gone for the ball there and caught Santi Cazorla, which is right for a booking but it shows you how idiotic the first booking was for throwing the ball away."

B5ZbUOECMAAO2wg.jpg

^ That's the result of Borini "going for the ball and 'catching' Cazorla", and all he got was a second yellow :angry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuplhkfyGUQ

^Youtube video of the incident.

Edited by Chewie

I know highlighting Robbie Savage's shortcomings as a pundit is much akin to shooting fish in a barrel, but in a recent article "marking" Liverpool's recent signings (which makes for hilarious reading in an of itself) he suggests some players that liverpool could target to improve their squad.

On Ron Vlaar he says:

At centre-half, I would go for Aston Villa's Ron Vlaar. He does not have great pace but he has got the authority they have been looking for at the back and have not got from Sakho or Lovren.

I mean really?  It beggars belief that this guy actually earns a living from his footballing "knowledge"...

He also said he wasnt that great on the ball :D

Any one else get racked off with Footballers on Social media?

Do really need to know that Fabio Testicolo* has tweeted a picture of himself lying in bed with a tin of Cadbury's Roses or whatever?

*not a real player as far as I know.

Â