Media and punditry

BOF

i dont believe him when he says he watches lots of us and lots of them but for some reason i think he's done a bit of research, not sure if he's spent a couple of hours on here or somewhere similar, he seems to know a fair bit of what we've been saying, his cleverley comments for example

say what you want about Robbie Savage and I usually do but neary everything he has said today has been spot on so far about our season so far

It was painfully obvious and other pundits have been saying it for months, and he clearly read out stats pre prepared for him.

So I don't give the joke any credit.

Yeah Heskey sounded o.k today, could be a decent pundit in time although I chuckled when the co-presenter alongside him claimed he was "revered in Leicester and here."

IMO Shearer is a poorer pundit than Savage. He claimed pre match if this was a league game it would be 0-0...despite neither league game this season ending 0-0.

I was at the game so had no idea what the BBC coverage was like but they actually had that word removed co-commentating on our game? What a disgrace. Yes I know he played for Leicester but if anything that makes it even more ridiculous.

I was at the game so had no idea what the BBC coverage was like but they actually had that word removed co-commentating on our game? What a disgrace. Yes I know he played for Leicester but if anything that makes it even more ridiculous.

why? Andy Gray commentated on hundreds of Villa games on Sky

It's more the fact that he's so anti-Villa. I wouldn't have a problem with Phil Neville for example commentating on Villa against Everton/United. Well I'd still have a problem but that would be because he's an absolutely awful pundit and commentator.

It's more the fact that he's so anti-Villa. I wouldn't have a problem with Phil Neville for example commentating on Villa against Everton/United. Well I'd still have a problem but that would be because he's an absolutely awful pundit and commentator.

Im sure he said we were a wonderful club or something like that. Dont think he has an agenda, he's just an idiot

• Like 1

He's definitely got it in for Villa.

I didn't get that from him today. He was full of praise for us in the second half and it seemed genuine.

He's an idiot, but fair play to him for putting in the research before today. He gave a good showing and made some very valid points. As did Shearer at half time.

Pearce can get to **** though. Miserable word removed.

FYI I was at the game and then watched it again when I got home so had the benefit of hindsight on them and still thought Savage did a decent job.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Why was our rather dull match picked ahead of the Bradford match? Surely even before ko that would be more interesting for neutrals to watch

The BBC said that they had to choose a match to broadcast before the Sunderland vs Fulham 4th round replay had happened and they would have picked Bradford if they had known that their game would have been against Sunderland. 

I suspect Bradford will get chosen in the quarter finals. 

Why was our rather dull match picked ahead of the Bradford match? Surely even before ko that would be more interesting for neutrals to watch

The BBC said that they had to choose a match to broadcast before the Sunderland vs Fulham 4th round replay had happened and they would have picked Bradford if they had known that their game would have been against Sunderland. 

I suspect Bradford will get chosen in the quarter finals. 

Won't all four of them be chosen?

Â