Media and punditry

BOF

The ads were the sideshow problem. The main problem was the Sky4 coverage. WIth the BBC (apart from the pundits chosen), the mainly issue of controversy is probably the running order. Man United's 0-0s given preference over a 2-0 win to someone lower for instance.

ITV decided, as mentioned above, to give Arsenal and Man United 70 mins of coverage and let the others have about five minutes in the sun.

I don't really care who has which pundits, I'd just like the BBC to keep it to save us from ad breaks.

The beeb spends half its time advertising itself. The iplayer, bbc sports app, what's on motd2 the football league show, five live (I mean a bloody musical about the ryder cup?), and then just random ad's showing how great they are doing British drama. Yeah thanks for reminding me that you make shows.  A huge bloated organisation which now only thinks London and Manchester exist because they have their HQ'S there. Rant over.

is it wrong to wish ill on clive tyldsely

Depends, a critical illness for example I wouldn't wish on him nor anyone *, but id be quite chuffed if he got home tonight to find his wife in bed with he's best best mate and his dogs bit the **** out of his leather settee.

*Russell brand an exception.

• Like 1

Irish version of ITV had their usual 99 Champions League final mention as well. Because Alonso goal was similar to a goal scored in that game. **** off was 15 years ago nobody cares, them United fans dont even watch football anymore ffs

There was a really weird exchange as well when they were talking about Neuer being on the Ballon D'or shortlist.

They mentioned that he'd said "I won't win it because I don't model underwear" and Tyldsely said

"Neither do I but I don't play football!"

What?

• Like 1

Weirdest bit was a few seconds after the goal the commentator decided that he needed to copy the commentary from Sky Sports when Aguero scored the winner against QPR. Just odd.

in fairness if he only ever heard Martin Tyler say his name then he might think thats how to pronounce it ;)

• Like 1

I was at a match here in Vietnam yesterday (Suzuki Cup, Vietnam beat Philippines 3-1) and a Vietnamese man next to me started talking to me about the PL. One of his questions was, 'who's your favourite announcer?', followed by him telling me his favourite announcer was Martin Tyler. Needless to say, I hurried away in an opposite direction. 

Geoff Shreeves talking to Koeman like he doesn't understand a word of English. Prat.

"See, Davis. We don't do in England. Two (holding two fingers up), two strikers.... Is (Davis instead of Long in midfield0 this defensive?"

Or words similar to that.

rocket polisher.

Edited by DK82

dont like to spout about media bias against VIlla but the commentator on Sky said Villa dominated the 1st half and had 11 shots on goal before the goal. Watching Match of the Day you wouldnt have believed that.

also the commentator screaming yes when he thought Ings scored but hit the post was a bit unprofessional

Â