Media and punditry

BOF

A sad day for punditry, andy townsend not having his contract renewed by ITV.

ITV will not renew Andy Townsend's contract after losing Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup rights

ITV Sport, having lost their FA Cup and live Champions League and Europa League rights, will not be renewing the contracts of pundit Andy Townsend and presenter Matt Smith at the end of the season.

The decision was mutual with Townsend, one of the best operators in the difficult role of co-commentator.

He wants to work on live football and has offers from other international broadcasters.

O_186a44_601275.jpg

• Like 3

Brilliant match preview from lawro

In the past Villa have looked better away from home but I am not even sure they are a counter-attacking side at the moment - I do not recall them breaking forward with any real gusto recently.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30662510

For a man paid to watch football how can you not see we dropped the counter attack 6 weeks ago

In the past Villa have looked better away from home but I am not even sure they are a counter-attacking side at the moment - I do not recall them breaking forward with any real gusto recently.

For a man paid to watch football how can you not see we dropped the counter attack 6 weeks ago

To be fair to him, he's only seen the three of four minute highlights package at the end of MOTD every week.

Decent observation going just off these.

For a man paid to watch Liverpool how can you not see we dropped the counter attack 6 weeks ago

Fixed.

I know I've made this point before but the BBC really do get on my nerves. Apparently Danny Murphy criticising Stuart Pearce is the most important sporting story right now. If Murphy wasn't one of their pundits it wouldn't even make the BBC Sport website in any form. They're just so self-promoting and have a massively inflated sense of self-worth.

Edited by Mantis

Yeah, it was Danny Mills who said it. He played under Pearce at Manchester City.  

Pearce could go today if Derby smash Forest.  Dunno whether Forest will sack him or ask him to resign and allow him to save face considering his status with the fans, but it's clear he can't manage and they need to get rid. 

Yeah, it was Danny Mills who said it. He played under Pearce at Manchester City.

Pearce could go today if Derby smash Forest. Dunno whether Forest will sack him or ask him to resign and allow him to save face considering his status with the fans, but it's clear he can't manage and they need to get rid.

Moorestradamus will be proven correct yet.

He's excellent.

Probably made to look better by the vast number of useless pundits.

Punditry on the NFL that's just finished is on another level.

The NFL has finished? News to me and my Seahawks who play tomorrow night :)

Â