Media and punditry

BOF

Well, I don't see why anyone would be less interested because it's sports stars. Personally I don't see the point of Twitter in the first place - maybe 0.5% of users are actually interesting, most of the rest shouldn't be allowed internet connections. 

• Like 1

He'll have to work without the benefit of hindsight if he goes into management. It's one thing to be able to tell others what they are doing wrong, it's something else entirely to get those decisions right yourself.

• Like 2

That is true, but making adjustments on previous performances is still a key part of management. Wenger's had the benefit of hindsight this summer, seeing the past decade of failures and lack of strength in midfield. Yet he still wasn't able to identify a weakness in midfield.

He's an excellent tactician no doubt and he has the ability to convey his ideas to the layman so I'm sure he could do the same with professionals, guys who live and breath the things he talks of.

However, there's clearly a lot more to management than tactics. Whether he'd be any good at those is still completely up in the air.

I too hope he tries one day. I'm sure he will.

A sad day for punditry, andy townsend not having his contract renewed by ITV.

ITV will not renew Andy Townsend's contract after losing Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup rights

ITV Sport, having lost their FA Cup and live Champions League and Europa League rights, will not be renewing the contracts of pundit Andy Townsend and presenter Matt Smith at the end of the season.

The decision was mutual with Townsend, one of the best operators in the difficult role of co-commentator.

He wants to work on live football and has offers from other international broadcasters.

Â