Media and punditry

BOF

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Nobody ever moans when Hendrie is our commentator though :D 

Yeah, I don't get the fuss. After the match, Shearer was more than complimentary to Weds and he didn't even look particularly pissed off. Of all the things to be mad about, this feels way down the list. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, I don't get the fuss. After the match, Shearer was more than complimentary to Weds and he didn't even look particularly pissed off. Of all the things to be mad about, this feels way down the list. 

Not saying Shearer is the issue as I think he is fair, he has shit on Newcastle many times

I think people are pissed at Carragher/Neville on Liverpool United games so he is thrown into the same boat

I just saw a video on fb where Matt Le Tissier talks openly about the time he got involved in spread betting as a player and had agreed to boot the ball out of play within the first minute to get a kickback from some gamblers who were backing it. It’s not new news but I wasn’t aware of it.

He agreed with the opposing captain they could kick whichever way they wanted as long as Southampton got the KO in the first half.

Conveniently he made a bit of a mess of the kick off and they didn’t get the ball out in time, but he said he did deliberately put the ball out. As it was after 60 seconds but before 75 seconds he said nobody won or lost any money… what are the chances? He also said he never did anything like that again. As an aside he said he used to also go to the bookies and bet on himself to score first, but never for his team to lose as that was not allowed.

I’m also amazed he is talking so openly about this type of fraud/cheating and also that the police weren’t interested in it.

There’s no way he’s telling the full truth either.

link

Matt Le Tissier will not face criminal charges over a £10,000 betting scam he admitted he hatched in the 1990s, police have said.

The 40-year-old former Southampton and England midfielder had claimed in his autobiography, Taking Le Tiss, that he conspired with friends and an unnamed team-mate to cash in on a spread-bet on the timing of the first throw-in during a Premier League match.

However, he claimed he did not manage to kick the ball out of play in time and made no money from the game, a 2-0 win against Wimbledon in 1995. The matter was referred to Hampshire police after the revelations were published.

Following discussions with the Crown Prosecution Service [CPS], a decision has been made not to investigate an alleged historic and unsuccessful spread-betting incident at a Saints [Southampton] football match in the 1990s," a Hampshire police spokesman said.

"Discussions with the CPS have led to the conclusion that an investigation into the incident would not be in the public interest and does not represent appropriate use of police resources. The incident itself was bought to the attention of the police after it was mentioned in a recently published autobiography."

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just saw a video on fb where Matt Le Tissier talks openly about the time he got involved in spread betting as a player and had agreed to boot the ball out of play within the first minute to get a kickback from some gamblers who were backing it. It’s not new news but I wasn’t aware of it.

He agreed with the opposing captain they could kick whichever way they wanted as long as Southampton got the KO in the first half.

Conveniently he made a bit of a mess of the kick off and they didn’t get the ball out in time, but he said he did deliberately put the ball out. As it was after 60 seconds but before 75 seconds he said nobody won or lost any money… what are the chances? He also said he never did anything like that again. As an aside he said he used to also go to the bookies and bet on himself to score first, but never for his team to lose as that was not allowed.

I’m also amazed he is talking so openly about this type of fraud/cheating and also that the police weren’t interested in it.

There’s no way he’s telling the full truth either.

link

He has mentioned it a few times, the throw in he said one of his team mates got to it before it went out

90s football lads banter so Sky hired him to be a pundit. Hard to say what FA can do he hasnt worked in football in a long time

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has mentioned it a few times, the throw in he said one of his team mates got to it before it went out

90s football lads banter so Sky hired him to be a pundit. Hard to say what FA can do he hasnt worked in football in a long time

I’m surprised the police were not more interested, just because the one example he owns up to conveniently didn’t make or lose anyone any money it’s all good.

He even mentions the name of the guy who set it up, and someone else in the team who was in on it. I’d bet my right arm on the fact it was not a 1 off. He’s mentioned a few times about his relationship with gambling. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m surprised the police were not more interested, just because the one example he owns up to conveniently didn’t make or lose anyone any money it’s all good.

He even mentions the name of the guy who set it up, and someone else in the team who was in on it. I’d bet my right arm on the fact it was not a 1 off. He’s mentioned a few times about his relationship with gambling. 

He's quite a stupid man. He probably assumes everyone else is as stupid or more stupid, which is why he's coming out with this. 

The bet being void if the ball went out between 60 and 75 seconds... that's something he made up as he was saying the words. Makes no sense. 

No charges as he wasn't actually able to kick the ball out despite trying to. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, YLN said:

He's quite a stupid man. He probably assumes everyone else is as stupid or more stupid, which is why he's coming out with this. 

The bet being void if the ball went out between 60 and 75 seconds... that's something he made up as he was saying the words. Makes no sense. 

No charges as he wasn't actually able to kick the ball out despite trying to. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works

Yeah, I’ve never heard of such a bet which wins if less than 1 minute, is neutral for 15 seconds and then costs more money the further beyond 75 seconds it takes for the ball to go out which what he said.

Its clearly lies. 

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, I’ve never heard of such a bet which wins if less than 1 minute, is neutral for 15 seconds and then costs more money the further beyond 75 seconds it takes for the ball to go out which what he said.

Its clearly lies. 

He said before it was a bet on first throw in

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He said before it was a bet on first throw in

Yes, but in the video I watched earlier he talks about the bet “winning” if first throw-in was inside the first minute (fine) but after that it’s somehow neutral if throw-in between 60 and 75th second (which it was) and it avoided a big loss as after 75 seconds it would cost the better more and more the longer it was before the ball went out for a throw (bollocks).

I’ll see if I can find the video and link it…

Edit: got it

https://fb.watch/h-TavB8jP3/

Name checks Gordon Watson too as instigator. He thinks it’s ok to talk about this illegal activity because he doesn’t work for Sky anymore…

Edited by Genie

10 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

What’s this 10 points clear of relegation crap on sky? We’re 8 points off 5th !!

The Beeb mentioned we were 7 points off of the relegation places before kick off, but not 3 points off of Liverpool with a win. The agenda is pathetic.

• Like 1

You see what Gary Neville did there. It is one of their things that they need to create more and more potential superstars. They are selling the Prem League product to the masses. Gnoto being groomed by Gary. 

Just a shame or is it that Kamara was totally ignored. 

And to back up the point on the previous post. They were obsessed with us being down at the bottom. Everything was pushed towards a relegation narrative from well before the first whistle. They want people to be looking at us as relegation candidates who have luckily got a good manager. 

Newcastle have taken a spot in the top 6 so now the top 6 is called ' the elite clubs" and they include Newcastle in that. The wankfest over them beating leicester midweek was ridiculous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

You see what Gary Neville did there. It is one of their things that they need to create more and more potential superstars. They are selling the Prem League product to the masses. Gnoto being groomed by Gary. 

Just a shame or is it that Kamara was totally ignored. 

And to back up the point on the previous post. They were obsessed with us being down at the bottom. Everything was pushed towards a relegation narrative from well before the first whistle. They want people to be looking at us as relegation candidates who have luckily got a good manager. 

Newcastle have taken a spot in the top 6 so now the top 6 is called ' the elite clubs" and they include Newcastle in that. The wankfest over them beating leicester midweek was ridiculous. 

I think Gnonto could be a top player he has potential but you know Jacob Ramsey has been very good in the last 18 months and he rarely gets talked about in the same conversation

If he played for Chelsea/United they be gutted he isnt capped for England

I would not be surprised if Carney got a cap before Ramsey 

Â