Media and punditry

BOF

"deluded" Villa fans will come up for sure, it'll once again be media mates who don't watch us every week stick their oar in about how he needs time and players to implement his system blissfully unaware that he's had a good backing and we've not even taken baby steps towards whatever his system is

Danny Murphy will spout off again yo a tune that suggests he's never watched a Villa game in his life 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

"deluded" Villa fans will come up for sure, it'll once again be media mates who don't watch us every week stick their oar in about how he needs time and players to implement his system blissfully unaware that he's had a good backing and we've not even taken baby steps towards whatever his system is

Danny Murphy will spout off again yo a tune that suggests he's never watched a Villa game in his life 

That's cause Danny Murphy is one of Gerrards best mates and they still play golf together. He's in no position to commentate on Villa with this bias.

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

That's cause Danny Murphy is one of Gerrards best mates and they still play golf together. He's in no position to commentate on Villa with this bias.

I bet that's a thrilling day out. Two personality vacuums.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Martin Tyler has been on BBC comparing Hillsborough disaster as hooligan related. Sky finally have an excuse to dump the dinosaur

This was a few days ago, he misspoke, clarified and apologised, it's a non-story

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This was a few days ago, he misspoke, clarified and apologised, it's a non-story

OK just saw some Liverpool pages tweeting it today, they can bring down his career which wouldnt be sad. Guy is a prick

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Why's he a prick?

He is arrogant, smug and his style of commentary is nauseating trying to shout AGUERRRROOOOOOO every time he shot for example. One of the worst commentators ever and hated him and Gray together the supposed golden peak of Sky commentary

oh and ITS LIVE....trying too hard

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is arrogant, smug and his style of commentary is nauseating trying to shout AGUERRRROOOOOOO every time he shot for example. One of the worst commentators ever and hated him and Gray together the supposed golden peak of Sky commentary

oh and ITS LIVE....trying too hard

I've never really thought he was better or worse than any of the other commentators.  To his credit he has been coaching in non-league football as well for a long time so he shows an interest in other levels of the game.  He doesn't get to show it much because doing the PL is his job.  Tbh jumping on him mis-speaking after he apologised and calling him a prick anyway for doing his job is why the Internet is so shit a lot of the time.

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've never really thought he was better or worse than any of the other commentators.  To his credit he has been coaching in non-league football as well for a long time so he shows an interest in other levels of the game.  He doesn't get to show it much because doing the PL is his job.  Tbh jumping on him mis-speaking after he apologised and calling him a prick anyway for doing his job is why the Internet is so shit a lot of the time.

While I do agree on your internet opinion, he is somebody I have constantly hated when watching Premier League so I wouldnt do if was anybody else, guy should have been sacked years ago

The final score classified results are ending in sports report. The bbc have decided that preparing for one premier league game at 5.30 is more important than the rest of the football pyramid put together. I must admit I hardly listen to five live now due to a combination of not commuting and it becoming bbc salford.  

I think bbc sport coverage is bascially designed for people who don't watch sport and would rather listen to retired sportspeople talking rubbish. For the commonwealths I had to use the iplayer to actually watch anything other than Clare Balding.

14 hours ago, villa89 said:

I dont understand the faux outrage as losing the classified scores. It's completely outdated, just like ceefax was. Time to bin it and move on. 

I'm certainly not 'outraged' but I did find it useful when I go to games. I know most people spend all game on their phones checking other scores but I largely don't, so I want to hear the results. 

On 08/08/2022 at 20:16, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

image.png.c9d729f878532acbdff0e25bcd0b3c4e.png

From the BBC. No mention of Paul McGrath in the voting options but the likes of Desailly, Cesar Azpilcueta, Steve Bruce, Lee Dixon and Stuart Pearce are defensive options.

That's how BBC works. The article was probably researched and worked on by a bunch of grads who are so young they didn't even see the AGUEROOOO moment because they were still at school.

There is a clear void in proper football journalism in the mainstream. 

38 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm certainly not 'outraged' but I did find it useful when I go to games. I know most people spend all game on their phones checking other scores but I largely don't, so I want to hear the results. 

It's not like it last that long- 5 minutes at the most?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Also not everybody has access to smartphones/Internet or have Sky that watch football

• Like 1

Â