Media and punditry

BOF

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Alisson isn't the same player since his dad died IMO

For that obvious reason I hope he regains his form, 1st season he was brilliant 

Alisson and Ederson are outliers - they’re not really what we think of as goalkeepers. they’re perfect for their clubs because they’re essentially outfield players, who are good at the goalkeeping aspect. There’s plenty better traditional goalkeepers than them, Emi Martinez for example, but they’re better at playing in goal for their clubs because they concede so few shots and use the goalkeeper as a playmaker.

Edited by a m ole

34 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Best Brazilian in the Premier League?

Hmm, tough one. I think I'll have to go with

Leeds-United-news-Transfer-Roque-Junior-

His mates arent bad though

Brazilian footballers Ronaldo , Roque Junior and Ronaldinho take part...  Nachrichtenfoto - Getty Images

The Roque has actually won both the World Cup and Champions League with Copa Liberatadores thrown in and helped Leeds get relegated. Top lad

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Sport bible running another rape story, any Twitter rumours as to who?

Is some names been thrown about but its Twitter so could be bullshit and dodgy to name names

**** me there's some bollocks in that

His England place isn't at risk because he won't be starting, that's talking wet and we all know it, he's a favourite and Southgate will double down on him 

They talk about pogba leaving utd and de Jong potentially coming but rather than talk about those two for city they should be talking about how city again sign a player they don't really need to stop a rival who do really need him 

They mention his injuries and mention that he won't be first choice but make no connection between the two

They compare rodris city and phillips Leeds purely based on one of them trying to win the league and the other trying to avoid relegation but not in actual footballing shape and style context 

They mention marsch playing 2 midfielders narrow in front of his defence which might not suit phillips but then don't comment thats how Southgate likes to play too

Also no mention of selling Raphinha 

Its really poor, says a lot while telling you nothing 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Even if there are,  I'm sure the mods will not want anyone to share them here, and for good reason. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Article on bbc now. 29yo arrested in north London for an alleged rape. No names in article though for obvious reasons.

From the BBC

A Premier League and international footballer has been arrested in north London on suspicion of rape.

The 29-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was taken into custody on Monday morning where he remains, as reported by the Telegraph.

The Metropolitan Police told BBC Sport: "On 4 July, an allegation of rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police.

"It was reported the alleged rape happened in June 2022."

The statement added: "On 4 July, a 29-year-old man was arrested at an address in Barnet on suspicion of rape and taken into custody where he remains.

Edited by NeilS
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Article on bbc now. 29yo arrested in north London for an alleged rape. No names in article though for obvious reasons.

From the BBC

A Premier League and international footballer has been arrested in north London on suspicion of rape.

The 29-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was taken into custody on Monday morning where he remains, as reported by the Telegraph.

The Metropolitan Police told BBC Sport: "On 4 July, an allegation of rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police.

"It was reported the alleged rape happened in June 2022."

The statement added: "On 4 July, a 29-year-old man was arrested at an address in Barnet on suspicion of rape and taken into custody where he remains.

Barnet is prime Arsenal player location (few Spurs as well)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fully convinced now that Jordan Jarrett-Bryan's renowned distaste for Villa supporters is really one of the best (and only?) Villa-specific ongoing things happening with us in the national and dare I say international media at the moment. I've really grown to enjoy his willingness to mention Villa OFTEN. Yes, we all know it comes out of that silly Arsenal-related affair,  and that he lays on the anti-Villa schtick thick at times, but that's not the point. There's a fine line between teasing and affection, and I think while he loves to hate us, it's not really a very serious "hate," is it, and just as importantly, it's become a kind of signature for him, so Villa almost never fails to come up in football discussions, and keeps us in the mix. He's really good about tweeting back to ordinary people, too. In any case, long live his distaste for Villa. I'd prefer love, but I'll take hate over indifference all day long. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 5.36.03 PM.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Those who were worried that the weekly predictions would no longer be in dour hands following Lawrenson’s departure, fortunately they’ve given the job to Chris Sutton.

Lawro all is forgiven, Sutton is a clearing in the woods who tries to hard to be Roy Keane

• Haha 1

Be interesting to follow the media discussions once it becomes clearer that Gerrard is out of his dept in the PL 

The narrative that expectations were too high or that he's had nothing to work with just doesn't work in this case. 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Be interesting to follow the media discussions once it becomes clearer that Gerrard is out of his dept in the PL 

The narrative that expectations were too high or that he's had nothing to work with just doesn't work in this case. 

Will be the fans fault or something but definitely not Stevies

Â