Media and punditry

BOF

22 hours ago, tomav84 said:

https://www.facebook.com/264684693164/posts/pfbid02J72eNABB12xTfvkyfFuxe13U32UXuLyhD9vUsMLF2souknDk8tfEZjYs3kn82NSLl/?sfnsn=scwspmo

The comments on this post...jesus christ. I'm curious to know if anyone on here shares these views? Genuinely would like to have an honest debate about it. Some guys really take exception to women being pundits. 

Don't get me wrong there's better out there but there's also much, much worse 

I personally dont think she is a good pundit but i think just one of the comments say that. Some of the male pundits are just as shit but nobody criticises Jermaine Jenas, Carragher or Gary Neville in the same way

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

She's has problem that might be more of an English thing 

Being brutally honest I dont like the sound of her, that will be misinterpreted as sexist but no, I dont have a problem with her content it's no worse than the others, I literally don't like the sound of her voice, it's horrible, don't like her accent 

Reminds me of that Labour MP who basically hates everything about Labour and was going on in a newspaper article they should get rid of Starmer and make Jess Phillips the next leader.

As much as Jess has charisma and is a good local MP I'd be  dreading the mass media taking the mick out of her accent.

Oddest accent for me is that Melissa Reddy who pops up on Sky sports news on occasions.

25 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I find this really funny. An entire career at West Ham and only a 1 minute video for his goal contributions.

In fairness its just FA Cup games

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Even still. He spent his entire career there. 

Gareth Barry made about 440 appearances for us (albeit a chunk in defense) and he managed 3 FA Cup goals.

At the end of the day it's just a social media team struggling for off-season content isn't it?

Edited by Hornso

Gary Neville's overlap video with Beckham being a disguised fluff piece to praise Qatar and earn £100m for these arseholes.

Pathetic excuse for a man. Beckham is a superficial moron. Neville actually knows better.

Get ****.

Games gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Gary Neville's overlap video with Beckham being a disguised fluff piece to praise Qatar and earn £100m for these arseholes.

Pathetic excuse for a man. Beckham is a superficial moron. Neville actually knows better.

Get ****.

Games gone.

Neville is a hypocritical clearing in the woods, sooner he is banished from the media the better

• Like 1

On 19/06/2022 at 03:25, villa4europe said:

She's has problem that might be more of an English thing 

Being brutally honest I dont like the sound of her, that will be misinterpreted as sexist but no, I dont have a problem with her content it's no worse than the others, I literally don't like the sound of her voice, it's horrible, don't like her accent 

Being brutally honest  ... I can't help but love that accent. Might be an American thing lol!  We pretty much love all British accents in my experience, except ones that confuse us terribly. I think Geordie and Glaswegian can be pretty hard for American ears to decode, and south Wales gets mistaken for being eastern European, I **** you not. Brum, speaking broadly here, is the queen of them all, as far as I'm concerned, and I realize that sounds crazy to the many British people, but I think it's had more of a light shined on it in recent years as have multicultural London accents .. I love the bell-like mellifluence of Birmingham speakers. It's like listening to music, just beautiful. It reminds me a little of what you hear in American accents in West Virginia and Mississippi -- there's almost a kind of honeyed, sing-songy sound. Sorry, gone off-topic  here ... 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

What an embarrassing list - especially to include Bruno from Newcastle after half a season 

Its a link to annoy people and they hooked you in. From the photos only Firmino has a chance of getting into a realistic top 5

I like how they use the word "favourite" rather than best as it descends in to a pissing contest 

They also know exactly what they're doing with those 5 players, it'll trend with 75% of the comments being "none of those" 

The answer is probably juninho or coutinho, if it was best then Gilberto Silva would be in contention, by the time he's finished at city the proper answer will be ederson

More than anything all this does is show how the PL has struggled to attract the best South American players, there is not a single classic historical world class Brazilian player to ever have played in the PL, maybe thiago silva but he joined at 35 (?) 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I like how they use the word "favourite" rather than best as it descends in to a pissing contest 

They also know exactly what they're doing with those 5 players, it'll trend with 75% of the comments being "none of those" 

The answer is probably juninho or coutinho, if it was best then Gilberto Silva would be in contention, by the time he's finished at Villa the proper answer will be Luiz 

More than anything all this does is show how the PL has struggled to attract the best South American players, there is not a single classic historical world class Brazilian player to ever have played in the PL, maybe thiago silva but he joined at 35 (?) 

FTFY 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The answer is probably juninho or coutinho, if it was best then Gilberto Silva would be in contention, by the time he's finished at city the proper answer will be ederson

I dont think Ederson is that good, Alisson is superior to him

As for Brazilians it would be Gilberto Silva, Fernandinho, Willian, Juninho, Coutinho, Fabinho, Firmino, Alisson even David Luiz has contributed more than Richarlison so far to the Premier League

As for historic Brazilians Coutinho would be high up with Thiago Silva same with Gilberto Silva and Juninho. Robinho was a huge star when he joined. Maicon another that was over the hill but a huge name. Pity Rivaldo turned down Bolton that time

Juninho was a massive signing for Middlesbrough. I really liked him as well as he put his heart and soul into the club. Younger fans might not realise the fanfare that followed his arrival. He was like a rock god in Teesside! 

Very humble guy from all accounts. Reminds me of Coutinho in that respect. Just a good guy. 

I was gutted we missed out on him. So close! Didn't it come down to being owed a load of money by Atletico?

62nj0zT.jpeg

IQaPSwC.jpeg

• Sad 1

Â