Media and punditry

BOF

On 07/12/2020 at 19:21, Tomaszk said:

Seen him a few times, always thought he was very good.

Most won't have him because he hasn't won anything. But they'll have the airheads like Keown and morons like Savage.

exactly. I thought he was extremely insightful, and I could easily tell he was used to commentating just by the way he spoke. Not everyone has to have won anything to provide good analysis 

He's apparently come stateside, and has been on several networks (which is uncommon over here as far as i know)

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Danny Mills criticising Dortmund for disrespecting the Champions League by playing Moukoko

With his criticism you would think he was a decent player in his day 😂

I doubt he even knows the first thing about Moukoko and if the tables were somehow miraculously reversed with Leeds playing an incredibly highly rated youngster in the Champions League he'd be raving about how great they are for trusting youth. 

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Danny Mills criticising Dortmund for disrespecting the Champions League by playing Moukoko

With his criticism you would think he was a decent player in his day 😂

He wasn't exactly world class, but most of his career in the PL, winning a League Cup and getting to a CL semi final is more than a lot of players accomplish, I think saying he wasn't a decent player is pushing it!

I could definitely do without reading his ridiculous opinions though.

Edited by Davkaus

53 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He wasn't exactly world class, but most of his career in the PL, winning a League Cup and getting to a CL semi final is more than a lot of players accomplish, I think saying he wasn't a decent player is pushing it!

I could definitely do without reading his ridiculous opinions though.

He had a good career which is good for him but he was a bit of a clogger

Pretty massive news for French football and their clubs who risk missing out on a lot of money at least short term.

Téléfoot Chaine is shutting down
Get French Football News can confirm L’Équipe reporting that the journalists at Téléfoot Chaine have this morning been told that the channel will shut down owing to a dispute between the LFP and the TV station’s parent company Mediapro.

Julien Bergeaud, the Director General of the channel, told employees that an agreement had been found with the LFP and that the station is going to be shut down, without giving the exact dates for when that will happen. 

We are reaching the end of a saga that kicked off at the beginning of September, when Mediapro refused to make its 2nd tranche of payment required, worth €172.3m, as part of a 4-year broadcasting deal through to 2024. The company also chose not to make the required payment for December, €152.5m.

Both these incidents led to the LFP taking legal action against Mediapro at the Commercial Tribunal in Nanterre, an act that is now bearing is fruits.

Marc Sénéchal, the mediator assigned to the Mediapro x LFP conflict, attempted to help the two parties to find an agreement – Mediapro agreed to spend €830m annually on Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 rights for the next 4 seasons but the contract is going to be terminated just 4 months into the adventure.

L’Équipe reveal that Mediapro have agreed to pay the LFP a total of €100m of the €324.8m that the group owes the league, with €64m being paid this month and then another €36m in the first financial quarter of 2021.

This agreement will also see Téléfoot Chaine continue to exist and broadcast matches until such time that the LFP have reached a new agreement with a new broadcaster, which means that Mediapro will ultimately be broadcasting matches without paying for them. 

This provisional agreement between the two parties has to be signed off on by the Nanterre court between the 17th and 21st December.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/telefoot-chaine-is-shutting-down/

I'm old enough to remember Danny Mills. Remember him playing for England at a world cup, and for Leeds in the Champions league. After all these years I might have been fouled by his CV but no, I remember him well and he was absolute toilet. Faux hard man who couldn't pass wind couldn't run and couldn't cross to save his laugh. Hot headed reckless and just utterly useless. One of them ones who just got in early doors at Leeds and stole a career from there.

Do the commentators have their own monitors? Efan Ekoku was doing my head in during the Wolves game. Just making crap up and being contradicted by the replay four times straight. Like when Coady got a blood nose from copping the ball in the face he claimed it was Watkins with an elbow. 🙄

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Do the commentators have their own monitors? Efan Ekoku was doing my head in during the Wolves game. Just making crap up and being contradicted by the replay four times straight. Like when Coady got a blood nose from copping the ball in the face he claimed it was Watkins with an elbow. 🙄

Yeah the replays kept showing the ball hitting him in the face but he kept implying it might have been an elbow. 

I used to like Efan but the years haven't kind to him, he's gone the way of all the other cynical boomer pundits. Couldn't shut up about Jack holding onto the ball. That's how he created all those chances including the one leading up to the penalty! You're paid to know this!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I'm old enough to remember Danny Mills. Remember him playing for England at a world cup, and for Leeds in the Champions league. After all these years I might have been fouled by his CV but no, I remember him well and he was absolute toilet. Faux hard man who couldn't pass wind couldn't run and couldn't cross to save his laugh. Hot headed reckless and just utterly useless. One of them ones who just got in early doors at Leeds and stole a career from there.

I seem to remember being at Man City away and him getting Lee Hendrie sent of by feigning a headbutt. I think that's what happened anyway it was a good while ago now.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I seem to remember being at Man City away and him getting Lee Hendrie sent of by feigning a headbutt. I think that's what happened anyway it was a good while ago now.

Think Hendrie missed him by a mile

17 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Poor man's Thomas Gravesen

16 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Was previous a few years earlier when Hendrie should've walked. Cracking finish from Kachoul aswell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOIdLk9bqlw

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hornso said:

Yeah he was awful.

Plus he does that thing when he just repeats the question back as though it's an answer.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was previous a few years earlier when Hendrie should've walked. Cracking finish from Kachoul aswell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOIdLk9bqlw

Peter Drury in full pearl-clutching mode there. And how bad was the defending for their goal? Talk about painful, I was watching through knitted fingers.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Peter Drury in full pearl-clutching mode there. And how bad was the defending for their goal? Talk about painful, I was watching through knitted fingers.

Yeah not great from little Wrighty who I was surprised to see playing as I thought Jloyd had taken over at LB by then.

Mellberg and Alpay were rock solid in the early part of that season. Season started to dip the next week when Alpay broke his leg and we started to ship more goals from that point and slide down the league.

Â