Ashley Westwood

Nabby

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

That's nice, but he's also getting slammed for missing a couple of difficult volleys, one of which he did very well to get so close on target.

That's part of his overall performance though, is it not? 

He should have hit the target with at least one of them, he's a pro and he wasn't under a great deal of pressure for either of his shots. 

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

I think the fans have been far too patient for about 6 years now. It's only been the last 6 months or so where we as a fan base have started to get truly impatient and rightfully so.

We don't have the time to wait for players like Westwood to step up, he hasn't done anything noteworthy since he has been here, time to either coast as a club along with him and others or be ruthless, cut the cord with the old malaise still hanging around and improve the squad. 

Basically, to me, it's up to him. Start contributing more impactfully, or go. We need to stop accepting and placating mediocrity.

It's a good point. He's been here for a long time and done what? Not improved as a player, not helped the team improve he's just an indicator of the downfall of this club. 

• Like 1

He's just never going to do anything for us. He's probably a mid-table championship player and that's not where we want to be. If he is in the team after the window closes then it will have been a poor transfer window for us.

We're going nowhere with this lad. Certainly not in the same bracket as Bacuna, Cissokho, Hutton, Lescott though. 

4 hours ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I don't think he was that bad, probably the best midfielder ( of a bad lot ). He was what he's always been - nice passing, some decent touches here and there but no movement, can't protect the back 4 and teams carve through the middle of the pitch easily. Couple of nice shots, should have scored one. 

Damned with faint praise springs to mind...

I actually face-palmed when I saw him in the lineup yesterday. Another new manager and he is still the first name on the teamsheet. Another non-performance. Hopefully RDM doesnt do what the others did and keep picking him. I am so sick of talking about this useless waste of space every bloody weekend. This recurring nightmare needs to end. 

• Like 2

the one constant since 2012 that is still at the club not counting Gabby. he really has to go he defines the shit that we have put up with in that time

if honest he needs a fresh start as well for his own career and let him sink somebody else midfield

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its taken me 4 years and a lot of denial but lets face it he is shit and has become a multi millionaire based on this.

You couldcould literally have written that about most professional footballers tbh. The amount of real quality is far smaller than the dross that turns out for their clubs each week. FWIW though, Westwood is as bad as any.

It's clear that he's not gonna get any better, regardless of the step down in class. We should take the chance to get rid, pronto. 

He was probably good enough to step up from Crewe but not to Villa. Nowhere near. Even with his premier league experience now I think he's only good enough for a Bristol City type club. 

Now considering the Cockney rhyming slang for said club, I'd say it's quite appropriate for Westwood.

Shouldn't be selling him at the moment. If we do needs replacing with someone like Diawara. What I mean by that, is that we'll need to replace him with someone who's equally as comfortable on the ball.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3