Ashley Westwood

Nabby

He was great tonight, barely out a foot wrong I though. Was always where he needed to be, and he seemed to stop doing those floaty corners which used to drive me mad. New contract bounce or not, I thought he played very well.

He was great tonight, barely out a foot wrong I though. Was always where he needed to be, and he seemed to stop doing those floaty corners which used to drive me mad. New contract bounce or not, I thought he played very well.

Very today and will blossom in a more balanced midfield. One big plus point was we did not miss the Snake.

My MOTM. Well done lad.

Agreed.

I saw him a few times very advanced which is unusual (pressing the keeper on a few occassions). Seems he already has a good understanding with his fellow midfielders and trusts them to do the job if he gets forward. Didn't see that often over his time here so far....

... which says more about his former midfield and former manager than it does about him, imo.

Passing was OK, some good but some bad, especially the through ball that ruined an attack first half. A good few set pieces.

You can't chastise a player for trying to create something. Westwood rarely gives the ball away in situations where he shouldn't.

Gueye, Veretout and Ayew were all guilty of giving the ball away needlessly in the build up to moves.

He was solid again today.

1. schneiderlin going to "rough up" westwood.
2. Somebody points out thats sub-optimal to play schneiderlin/Depay like that
3. ....
4. WESTWOOD CLOSED DOWN A PLAYER SO ISNT A DLP AND IS PLAYING SUB-OPTIMAL (what?).

LEXICON. gg.

Edited by gharperr

I must have been watching a different game.Apart from one good free kick, and a good pass to Gabby in the 2nd half, i'm struggling to think of anything good he did.

Had plenty of the ball last night, but failed to dictate the pace of the game, had a great opportunity to play Ayew through, and failed, tried a few positive passes in the 1st half, and was hit and miss.For me hasn't got a physical enough presence or a good enough passing game to play in that role.Very impressed with Gueye though.

Before any of you start on, its all about opinions,

• Like 1