Joe Bennett

Si.

I didn't think he was that bad tonight. He was being played out of position which I think was made clear as he often wasn't in the right position and looked to not really know what he was doing. He created what was probably one of the only exciting points of the first half when he intercepted a ball near the box and put in a cross.

Should be played at LB though, and hopefully that puts to bed the suggestions he should be turned into a winger.

I didn't think he was that bad tonight. He was being played out of position which I think was made clear as he often wasn't in the right position and looked to not really know what he was doing. He created what was probably one of the only exciting points of the first half when he intercepted a ball near the box and put in a cross.

Should be played at LB though, and hopefully that puts to bed the suggestions he should be turned into a winger.

So whens he been good at LB???????

Oh Dear

One of the attributes of a good manager, is knowing when a player is not going to measure up to what you are looking for

we still have a few and Joe is one of them, sadly.

He wasn't awful, just wasn't good either. 

To be fair he was awful. Caught out defensively numerous times and offered nothing offensively. I have yet to see anything from him that shows that he is good enough for Championship level nevermind premier league. Tony Moon would have been a better option last night.

it seems clear to everyone except our illustrious manager that Joe Bennett is simply not ready or not good enough to be playing at this level.

When we have one of the finest, (ok maybe most successful?), youth setups in the country, why the hell are we not trying to use one of the many talented wide players we have already at the club rather than persisting with players that we have already seen are not going to make it and playing them out of position?

Just more evidence to highlight the stubbornness a lack of ability in our illustrious manager

• Like 1

Shock horror: A player starts his first game all season and is off the boil.

I don't think he was off the boil.

He was crap before the injury, and crap after it. He's just crap.

Bennett is firmly in the reject bin along with the other raggy dolls Tonev, Bowery, Luna and Sylla.

• Like 1

But he started lots of games last season and was off the boil too, whats the reasoning behind that?

Besides, it's not as though he has come straight off the treatment table and started playing in the first team.  He has played games in the reserves before he played in this game so as far as match fitness and sharpness he should have been 90% of the way there.  If that's Joe bennett at 90% then i dont think he should pursue a career as a professional footballer cos he looked more like a cat in the headlights of a F1 car on a very long straight...

I don't think he was off the boil.

He was crap before the injury, and crap after it. He's just crap.

Bennett is firmly in the reject bin along with the other raggy dolls Tonev, Bowery, Luna and Sylla.

Personally i'd add westwood to that list too cos i am still not sure of what he actually does when he's on the pitch other than pass to a CB or lose possession

Â