Joe Bennett

Si.

It was very much a tiny minority that boo'd and way more it seemed clapped him on to the pitch although most fans at that stage were just understandably pissed off and seemed non fussed either way.

It was good to see him back though.

If it was a 'tiny minority', then they certainly made themselves heard. It's disgusting that a young player should run on to the pitch to ANY boos. Even Grant Holt didn't get booed.
  • Like 1

Did alright in his brief cameo...

Thankfully he didn't see much of the ball in his cameo.

Isn't ball control one of his strengths? I thought peeps were "angry" about him being weak?

Edited by GENTLEMAN

He should be given a clean slate and a fresh chance he will be fine as a backup for Bertrand in the short term

Bear in mind unlike Bertrand he is actually our player and doesn't belong to another team

We may need him next season

I think people calling for Bennett to return are just clutching at straws.

Do people not remember him clambering all over the back of a Norwich player in desperation after letting him ghost past him?! Something that was a regular feature in his game.

He showed us consistently that he was out of his depth at this level, at least for now.

Changing something that doesn't work is always a good idea, unless you are changing the broken part for another broken part. If we're just looking for a change, then Alan Hutton would offer just as much as Bennett would, plus he would bring experience...both are poor full backs who haven't played much in a long time!

I didn't hear any personal boos. I heard more exasperation towards the whole situation.. Great we are losing 2-0 and we bring on joe Bennett how's he going to help matters... That type of thing..

What does a personal boo sound like? And how would Joe Bennett know a personal boo from an exasperation-towards-a-situation boo?
  • Like 3

I didn't hear any personal boos. I heard more exasperation towards the whole situation.. Great we are losing 2-0 and we bring on joe Bennett how's he going to help matters... That type of thing..

What does a personal boo sound like? And how would Joe Bennett know a personal boo from an exasperation-towards-a-situation boo?

Well a personal boo are boos directly at the player or when he touches the ball.. You're f'ing shit etc... I didn't hear anything like that

What a crazy situation. Taking off an injured LB for another LB. Lambert out!

He should of taken off Bertrand at half-time if he was suffering with a rib injury and replaced him with Bennett then. He was skinned left, right and centre for the first West Ham goal, Downing of all people, looked like he was on a par with Julian Draxler.

Edited by Avflife

He should of taken off Bertrand at half-time if he was suffering with a rib injury and replaced him with Bennett then. He was skinned left, right and centre for the first West Ham goal, Downing of all people looked like he was on a par with Julian Draxler.

Because you only know what a player tells you?

He should of taken off Bertrand at half-time if he was suffering with a rib injury and replaced him with Bennett then. He was skinned left, right and centre for the first West Ham goal, Downing of all people looked like he was on a par with Julian Draxler.

He always seems to play well against the villa.

What??

What??

With the injury, if Bertrand didn't mention he was injured bad enough to not carry on Lambert would've had no way of knowing to take him off.

What??

With the injury, if Bertrand didn't mention he was injured bad enough to not carry on Lambert would've had no way of knowing to take him off.

They do have a doctor enrolled, don't they?

I would've had him checked at half time after a collision like that.

Â